The Boys (Amazon)

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
I thought it was a good season but….

I really hope showing that Homelandear can be hurt takes the show in a new direction. This everybody cowering in front of Homelander is getting really old after two season. OK. We get it. The other thing that worries me is the son. Are we going to get a Brightburn rehash? Seems like where this is headed. I have some worries about where this show is headed.

Next season is going to be...

...about Butcher fighting for Ryan with Homelander, but tempered so that he doesn't push away Ryan while doing it, while also knowing that he's dying.

Eric Kripke hinted as much to this, since they've already started writing Season 4, which begins shooting in August.

Figuring out a way to save Ryan’s soul will be a key priority for Butcher next season, with Kripke saying it’s like Kramer v. Kramer combined with Avengers: Endgame. “If Homelander wins the kid over,” teased Kripke, “that’s apocalyptic because then there’s two Homelanders.” But if Ryan can be turned, then he could finally bring an end to Homelander and the Seven, and Butcher can die happy. That probably won’t happen, but hey, it’s nice of The Boys to pretend it’s possible, yeah?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I thought it was a good season but….

I really hope showing that Homelandear can be hurt takes the show in a new direction. This everybody cowering in front of Homelander is getting really old after two season. OK. We get it. The other thing that worries me is the son. Are we going to get a Brightburn rehash? Seems like where this is headed. I have some worries about where this show is headed.
Agreed. This was a great season but kind of a meh finale and a really lousy direction to go moving forward, IMO. Homelander has become just yawnworthy at this point.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished s3, awesome. Ending was not what I expected and I question what will be next but so far so good.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m on season two and I gotta say I find homelander hilarious.

The scene where he pushed his son off the roof had me cracking up

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m on season two and I gotta say I find homelander hilarious.

The scene where he pushed his son off the room had me cracking up

Homelander is hilarious. He's one of my favorite TV characters of all time. Too many people get caught up in the politics of the show when it's just a TV show that is ultimately made to entertain. A lot of entertainment nowadays is overanalyzed. It's absurd how many people do so with a dark comedy about superheroes.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Homelander is hilarious. He's one of my favorite TV characters of all time. Too many people get caught up in the politics of the show when it's just a TV show that is ultimately made to entertain. A lot of entertainment nowadays is overanalyzed. It's absurd how many people do so with a dark comedy about superheroes.
Yep, nothing to think about with this one. The political analogues are crystal clear.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So looking forward to season 4. Probably my favorite current show on any platform.

Has anyone been watching Gen V? I want to but am a bit worried it could sour me on The Boys some.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson