The Answer

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Here is why we will take Cutler...assumeing the other two are gone.

1. said this in another post....too embarrassing for Bidwill's if he turns out to be a star.

2. the areas where there is the biggest drop off (in those we need) are DT, OT. (WR is the weakest area but we are not in the running for a WR unless it is a KR)

3. the "decision makers" feel that in rounds 2 - 4 there is depth in the areas we need immediate help DT, OT and TE (not necessarily in that order.

4. therefore we cover all bases including the public relations angle by taking cutler, young and still get solid players in the next three rounds that can contribure....

5. Front office and coaches will put on their game faces when Cutler?Young arrives and say how much he was the guy they always wanted

does this make sense?? or not. by the way i am not in favor of this but that is the way i see it.

seesred

Reaction score
I'm not sure you are right. I got a gut feeling if isn't young we will take BPA at the ten slot. QB position in the first round is a very expensive miss. I do believe that a qb is in our imediate future IE Collins. Warner is hoping we don't take a QB as he has gone thriough this before with Manning. I hope he can concentrate on winning not just focus on not making mistakes. I truly think we will take who ever is on top of our board.

GBR

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lobo said:

1. said this in another post....too embarrassing for Bidwill's if he turns out to be a star.

2. the areas where there is the biggest drop off (in those we need) are DT, OT. (WR is the weakest area but we are not in the running for a WR unless it is a KR)

3. the "decision makers" feel that in rounds 2 - 4 there is depth in the areas we need immediate help DT, OT and TE (not necessarily in that order.

4. therefore we cover all bases including the public relations angle by taking cutler, young and still get solid players in the next three rounds that can contribure....

5. Front office and coaches will put on their game faces when Cutler?Young arrives and say how much he was the guy they always wanted

does this make sense?? or not. by the way i am not in favor of this but that is the way i see it.

How is #1 embarrassing to Bidwills in any way shape or form? Say the Cards draft someone else and they are a star too? Say they draft someone else and they bust? Really makes no difference. So if they draft Cutler and he turns out to be a bum would they be embarrased that their pick didnt turn out?

Thats just a dumb reason to list as evidence or a reason that we will pick Cutler. In fact its one of the dumbest reason I have ever heard for drafting anyone!

#5 they will do no matter who they pick!

Last edited:

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seesred said:
I'm not sure you are right. I got a gut feeling if isn't young we will take BPA at the ten slot. QB position in the first round is a very expensive miss. I do believe that a qb is in our imediate future IE Collins. Warner is hoping we don't take a QB as he has gone thriough this before with Manning. I hope he can concentrate on winning not just focus on not making mistakes. I truly think we will take who ever is on top of our board.

GBR

Any player in the top 10 is an expensive miss. If you don't want to take a QB than reaching for someone else that high doesn't make much more financial sense. We hear about the high rookie QB salaries because they're being picked at the very top of the draft. Reggie Bush going #1 overall will make more than Matt Leinart at #3. The huge paydays come on the second contract and that's where QBs jump way above everyone else.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I am in favor of a QB, but whoever we pick will help IMO...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
lobo said:

Who are the Bidwells? Friends of yours lobo?

OP
OP
lobo

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who are the Bidwells? Friends of yours lobo?

i have been a cardinal fan since they got snookered out of leaving chicago...ran out of st louis and waited 18 years here to get a stadium built....the only thing that has remained constant is the Bidwill family...how can you not be "friends" with this group?? they are the anti-steinbrenners!!! but seriously it does appear they are starting to see the light....

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dunno the bidwells but the bidwills are finally turning this team around!