The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Even more so when the warrant your supposed to be serving is 10 miles away from the house your busting into.

They made a huge mistake and then tried to cover it up. Instead of calling for an ambulance and saying oh damn my bad, they tried to cover it up and the cover up is always worse than the crime. Especially when Cops are the ones trying to cover it up
If there's anything I have had penetrate my thick skull, is admit when you are wrong, do your best to make it up. Ambulances should have been called immediately, although it may not have helped. Cops should have paramedics on stand by when they do things like this. Even if it's just for them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No knock warrants have their place, this doesn't appear to be one of them. There are procedures in place to keep things like this from happening and it sounds like those were sidestepped by the authorities. The no knock isn't the problem, failure to do their jobs correctly is IMO.

And it wasn’t the first time. Back in 2018, some of the same cops were involved in another no-knock raid on the wrong house. Luckily everyone survived that time. Breonna wasn’t so lucky.

https://reason.com/2020/08/27/more-...-home-invasion-based-on-dubious-evidence/?amp

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NBA and NBPA may release a statement tonight regarding an action plan.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Everyone has a voice on here.... no? Relevant or not.
Meh, someone who doesn’t watch a league but only comes on when there’s a politically charged element seems to just be trolling or looking for a fight. They’ve already admitted they don’t care about the sport or team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That is a really stupid statement.

There is almost nobody who gets shot who is not resisting arrest.

Cops don't start shooting at people who don't provoke them - your odds of getting killed by lightning are greater - literally.
Breonna Taylor. Without even thinking. Now who made the stupid statement?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Isn’t this the United States of America? Last I checked it was & I had the rights to go almost anywhere, watch whatever & say what I want to say. At least it’s the good ol USA for at least 5 more months.

smh. Have a shot Ouchie
I didn’t say you didn’t have a voice. I just said it was irrelevant.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shams Charania on CNN talking about the players goals.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Breonna Taylor. Without even thinking. Now who made the stupid statement?

Tamir Rice... a 12 year old little Black kid playing with a toy guy. Shot dead.

Last night’s white murderer... shot 3 people is walking around with an AR-15, everyone is yelling at the cops that he’s the shooter, he’s got his hands up and the cops just walk right past the murderer.

if the difference between those situations ain’t the definition of white privilege and how cops treat Black kids v. White kids , I don’t know what does.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Shams Charania on CNN talking about the players goals.

You have to wonder if the owners somewhat regret having the most player empowered league there is. They are realizing that you can never be woke enough going down this path. Some may be fine with it... Some probably aren’t.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to wonder if the owners somewhat regret having the most player empowered league there is. They are realizing that you can never be woke enough going down this path. Some may be fine with it... Some probably aren’t.

For the most part I like the cooperation and unity between owners and players. It makes getting things done easier.

As long as the NBPA has a reasonable leader they should be fine. When Michele Roberts leaves, things could be different though.

I think the NBA and NBPA are going to put a company in charge of the new changes so that should help.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reportedly 100 NBA employees are on strike today supporting social justice.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adam Silver writes letter to employees.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russell Westbrook looking explosive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Using the arenas as voting facilities is a great step.

yup. So many things idiots were saying “what do these guys want? They just want to bitch spoiled babies.”

first, if they just wanted to bitch, I’d have problem with that considering how their community has been treated like trash for centuries. Second, they want ACTION like what they just got with NBA Arenas being opened for voting. They know NOTHING can happen without winning at the ballot box first.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My fear was that the message would be lost by right-wingers dismissing the players as whiny millionaires. But with concrete measures like making arenas voting facilities should quell a lot of that nonsense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fear was that the message would be lost by right-wingers dismissing the players as whiny millionaires. But with concrete measures like making arenas voting facilities should quell a lot of that nonsense.

should but won’t.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
should but won’t.
Well, let's say render it as noise rather than true propaganda. The full right wingers aren't going to change their tune, but this will go a long way for some people on the fence and minorities who up until now weren't dedicated to voting in November (if any still exist that is).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

off topic but in the article, that tweet with Melania’s face turning from faux love to Maleficent-esque scorn pre and post Ivanka is hilarious. Man... after seeing all the videos of her swatting away Trump’s hand, a similar shot of her faux smile at inauguration, and all the rumors, I can only wonder who she hates more... Trump and his family or herself for goldigging her way into it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
off topic but in the article, that tweet with Melania’s face turning from faux love to Maleficent-esque scorn pre and post Ivanka is hilarious. Man... after seeing all the videos of her swatting away Trump’s hand, a similar shot of her faux smile at inauguration, and all the rumors, I can only wonder who she hates more... Trump and his family or herself for goldigging her way into it.

I'm thinking the pay must be good.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Link please.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave