Reaction score
NBA playoffs to resume but not today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you survive, that’s an awesome idea.

That is a really stupid statement.

There is almost nobody who gets shot who is not resisting arrest.

Cops don't start shooting at people who don't provoke them - your odds of getting killed by lightning are greater - literally.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What action does Lebron and the rest of these guys want?

Do they want cops to let criminals grab deadly weapons and allow them to attempt to kill cops?? I'm sorry this is the stupidest reaction to an event I can ever remember.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What action does Lebron and the rest of these guys want?

Do they want cops to let criminals grab deadly weapons and allow them to attempt to kill cops?? I'm sorry this is the stupidest reaction to an event I can ever remember.

Yes. They want cops to let criminals grab deadly weapons and kill the cops.

What a freaking joke.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cops don't start shooting at people who don't provoke them - your odds of getting killed by lightning are greater - literally.

Breonna Taylor would disagree with you if the cops didn’t riddle her body with bullets while she asleep in bed.

same with the Black guy sitting in his apartment the female cop walked into and just started shouting and killed.

or these kids who were brutally tased and thrown out of their car for no reason post protest in Atlanta...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/body...-students-pulled-car-atlanta-officers-police/

or the countless stories of Black men reaching for their insurance in glove boxes and getting shot to death?

and regardless of ANY OF YOUR THE ABOVE, the cops do not have free reign to be judge, jury and executioner whenever the F they want to be.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. They want cops to let criminals grab deadly weapons and kill the cops.

*** with that BS.

Explain what they want then.

There was 5 or 6 people yelling at the guy including his own family to stop while the cops were holding a gun on him, and he didn't stop.

They had already tried to tackle and subdue him but he got away - the cops had two options let the man grab his weapon or shoot at him.

They shot him - and 95% of all cops would have done the same.

If they didn't shoot him - they would have been attacked and possibly killed. If you are not going to allow cops to defend themselves there will be no cops because they will all quit and we will have anarchy.

No reasonable person wants anarchy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Breonna Taylor would disagree with you if the cops didn’t riddle her body with bullets while she asleep in bed.

same with the Black guy sitting in his apartment the female cop walked into and just started shouting and killed.

or these kids who were brutally tased and thrown out of their car for no reason post protest in Atlanta...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/body...-students-pulled-car-atlanta-officers-police/

or the countless stories of Black men reaching for their insurance in glove boxes and getting shot to death?

and regardless of ANY OF YOUR THE ABOVE, the cops do not have free reign to be judge, jury and executioner whenever the F they want to be.

Breonna Taylor was heavily in the drug business with her ex boyfriend - that is the reason they had the warrant for her address. Her boyfriend started shooting at the cops and they shot back. It's a very unfortunate incident - but hardly the case of the cops looking to go out and shoot somebody.

Tasing someone is not killing someone. If they were wrongly tased they should sue the crap out of the police department.

Countless? - if they are so countless how come you have 1 incident you can name. 14 unarmed black people were killed last year and at least 8 of them were resisting arrest. 12 people died from lightning last year by the way.

As far as cops not having the right to be an executioner - you are dead wrong - if their life is threatened they have every right to protect themselves with deadly force - just like every citizen does.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Explain what they want then.

There was 5 or 6 people yelling at the guy including his own family to stop while the cops were holding a gun on him, and he didn't stop.

They had already tried to tackle and subdue him but he got away - the cops had two options let the man grab his weapon or shoot at him.

They shot him - and 95% of all cops would have done the same.

If they didn't shoot him - they would have been attacked and possibly killed. If you are not going to allow cops to defend themselves there will be no cops because they will all quit and we will have anarchy.

No reasonable person wants anarchy.

I think you discovered the problem.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Isn’t this the United States of America? Last I checked it was & I had the rights to go almost anywhere, watch whatever & say what I want to say. At least it’s the good ol USA for at least 5 more months.

smh. Have a shot Ouchie
You haven’t watched in the nba in 20+ years? That kind of makes your voice irrelevant here . . . no?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t watched the NBA since Jordan retired & that won’t change. Who cares, bring on Big Red football

You are missing out Bucky! No reason you can't enjoy both.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon leaves bubble due to hamstring injury.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Isn’t this the United States of America? Last I checked it was & I had the rights to go almost anywhere, watch whatever & say what I want to say. At least it’s the good ol USA for at least 5 more months.

smh. Have a shot Ouchie

lmao

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

Wow, a lot of lightning in black communities lately!

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score

smh. Have a shot Ouchie
Sure, if you're white.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Breonna Taylor was heavily in the drug business with her ex boyfriend - that is the reason they had the warrant for her address. Her boyfriend started shooting at the cops and they shot back. It's a very unfortunate incident - but hardly the case of the cops looking to go out and shoot somebody.

Tasing someone is not killing someone. If they were wrongly tased they should sue the crap out of the police department.

Countless? - if they are so countless how come you have 1 incident you can name. 14 unarmed black people were killed last year and at least 8 of them were resisting arrest. 12 people died from lightning last year by the way.

As far as cops not having the right to be an executioner - you are dead wrong - if their life is threatened they have every right to protect themselves with deadly force - just like every citizen does.

interesting

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm taking this from 2 stories Google found in 10 seconds.

Walker fired first because the 3 officers who came in had a no knock warrant, which literally means they entered the house without identifying themselves. Walker has a permit for his gun and in the state of Kentucky you are allowed to use deadly force to protect yourself, and your property(which I question). Walker has stated repeatedly they did not immediately identify themselves as police officers, it was night, he thought people were breaking in so he grabbed his gun and shot to defend himself and Breonna.

The suspects they were looking for were her ex boyfriend, and his friend, also last name Walker. The ex boyfriend had used her mailing address several times, not clear if she knew or not.

The police had no idea if the actual suspect was in the house, in fact if you look up no knock warrant it literally says the police are allowed to enter a house without knocking or identifying themselves in advance because to do so would jeopardize their case. The normal use would be a situation where if the suspect knows the police are outside they can destroy evidence, drugs etc, and or it may put the police in danger if they identify themselves first. In this case the suspect was NOT there and it appears they made no effort to ensure he was there. He had apparently used her car in the past so the police claimed they saw the car outside and assumed he was there, it was her car. One of the conditions of such a warrant is you are supposed to be close to certain that what you think is in the house is in fact there. You can't use a no knock warrant as a fishing expedition, right after this case Louisville banned no knock warrants for that very reason, too often police were using them without meeting the standard for certainty they had the right place, the person was there etc

Taylor had no criminal record, she did have a drug dealing ex boyfriend but she herself had no record, and there were no drugs found in the house. The police said they got the warrant because they suspected she was receiving packages of drugs on his behalf, and because drug dealers have cameras that allow them to see police coming in advance and destroy the evidence. There were no such cameras in the house, and the Postal Inspector for Louisville, Tony Gooden, said they'd already investigated that allegation and informed the police there was no evidence she was receiving such packages. That happened 2 months before the police got the warrant to enter her house. Attorneys for the family contend the police lied in the documentation they gave to the judge in order to get the Warrant. THe police also insist they knocked repeatedly( Walker says he heard banging as they came in) and they identified themselves as police, Walker insists they did not. Again literally the purpose of the warrant in their own words was so they could enter the house WITHOUT identifying themselves so there was less time to destroy evidence, now they're claiming they repeatedly identified themselves. Walker thought it was a home invasion.

Walker fired a low warning shot that apparently went through a door or wall and hit one of the cops in the leg. The cops then fired back, broke down the door with a battering ram and fired at least 20 shots, 8 of which hit Taylor who was asleep in bed when it started.

As is so often the case in these situations rather than try to find out what went wrong so they can train their officers to avoid it again, the police are spending their time trying to figure out a plausible defense for why Breonna Taylor is dead.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot to add the judge who issued the warrant issued FIVE no knock warrants to the same cops at the same time. It's not 100% clear but it appears all of them had the same 2 suspects named the ex boyfriend and the guy Adrian Walker. if true the judge should lose her job immediately. She literally violated the entire "rules" of a no knock warrant which is supposed to require a higher standard of proof, you're supposed to know with pretty clear certainty the suspect is in the place and the drugs or weapons or whatever you're arresting them for are there. you don't grant FIVE warrants for the same suspect if you have been shown enough evidence to meet that standard of certainty. She allowed them to do precisely what no knock warrants are NOT supposed to do, be used for a fishing expedition.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I would only issue a no knock warrant if there is a hostage who's life is at risk. Maybe kidnapping. Anytime you enter a person's house at night unannounced, what do you think is going to happen??

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
2020. I'm not the oldest person on this board but can anyone name a worse year that they've seen in American history, I moved to another country for work before the year started but man I feel for you guys and my family back home. And it's only getting worse, I hope none of you are in the path of this upcoming hurricane because it's going to be a disaster so if you are evacuate immediately do not stay. I'm not black but my 5 year old nephew is and it broke my heart to hear him say he wants to hide from police today.
I am probably the oldest person on this board. I was about 4 years old during WW II, a war against tyrants.
But it was not within our country. We were united. Fighting for a common cause.

The Civil War has to be the worst occurrence in American history.

Any police officer who chokes to death someone whom he has
captured . . . or one who shoots even a criminal in the back . . .
indicates there is a problem. Cops are not meant to be judge,
jury and executioner in the field.

But for it to be so widespread, the overview must be their
superiors. To tackle the problem means to pursue the people
in charge.

And, regardless of politics, race baiting is certainly being
encouraged by the White House. Ironic -- "white" house.

Perhaps it's time to change the name to The People's House.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would only issue a no knock warrant if there is a hostage who's life is at risk. Maybe kidnapping. Anytime you enter a person's house at night unannounced, what do you think is going to happen??

No knock warrants have their place, this doesn't appear to be one of them. There are procedures in place to keep things like this from happening and it sounds like those were sidestepped by the authorities. The no knock isn't the problem, failure to do their jobs correctly is IMO.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am probably the oldest person on this board. I was about 4 years old during WW II, a war against tyrants.
But it was not within our country. We were united. Fighting for a common cause.

The Civil War has to be the worst occurrence in American history.

Any police officer who chokes to death someone whom he has
captured . . . or one who shoots even a criminal in the back . . .
indicates there is a problem. Cops are not meant to be judge,
jury and executioner in the field.

But for it to be so widespread, the overview must be their
superiors. To tackle the problem means to pursue the people
in charge.

And, regardless of politics, race baiting is certainly being
encouraged by the White House. Ironic -- "white" house.
People are arguing over who cops kill the most. That's not the point. We should not have as many cops killing people period! It's a problem that needs to be discussed instead of arguing who gets killed the most! I agree 100% with you BC867!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Even more so when the warrant your supposed to be serving is 10 miles away from the house your busting into.

They made a huge mistake and then tried to cover it up. Instead of calling for an ambulance and saying oh damn my bad, they tried to cover it up and the cover up is always worse than the crime. Especially when Cops are the ones trying to cover it up