The 2019-2020 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockets beat Thunder 114-80 to take a 3-2 series lead.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers beat Trail Blazers 131-122 and win series 4-1.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
solid second round matchups if all goes to form:

Rockets v. Lakers should be an entertaining contrast in styles. Hoping Westbrook knocks the rust off before they start.

Clippers v Utah/Denver... meh.

Bucks v. Heat - lots of athletes, another contrast in style of size v. Small ball.

Celtics v. Raptors - just let a bunch of really great athletes get out and run.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
solid second round matchups if all goes to form:

Rockets v. Lakers should be an entertaining contrast in styles. Hoping Westbrook knocks the rust off before they start.

Clippers v Utah/Denver... meh.

Bucks v. Heat - lots of athletes, another contrast in style of size v. Small ball.

Celtics v. Raptors - just let a bunch of really great athletes get out and run.
I think the last two descriptions are spot on but id swap the first two, I feel like the Lakers are just going to blow through that team possibly 4-0 or another 4-1 series unless Westbrook is 100 %. The clippers series however could be very close depending on what playoff P shows up

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuggets getting Gary Harris back.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lebron gives the Suns a nod.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears President Obama had an impact on the players decision to return to play.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge are the premier HC/GM duo in the league right now.

until they win a championship I disagree. Haven’t really done anything honestly

SA and Toronto are pure first class

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching the Mavericks and Clippers game during the first quarter when Morris committed the flagrant and was ejected.

The next thing I know the ball game is over.... I fell asleep.

Looks like Luka's ankle is okay because he put up 38 points and had 9 assists.

That had the makings of a nice series until the injury to Porzingis. George's shooting was never right.

Clippers win 111-97 and finish the series 4-2.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuggets beat Jazz 119-107 to tie the series at 3-3.

Murray and Mitchell with insane 3-point shooting.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jamal Murray is on a different planet these playoffs.

Can we go back in time and draft Jamal Murray instead of Dragan Bender. A Booker-Murray back court would be phenomenal.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Can we go back in time and draft Jamal Murray instead of Dragan Bender. A Booker-Murray back court would be phenomenal.
I’ve been wrong on a lot of draft prospects (I was not a Jaylen Brown fan in that very draft), but I absolutely loved Murray coming out of college.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been wrong on a lot of draft prospects (I was not a Jaylen Brown fan in that very draft), but I absolutely loved Murray coming out of college.

Suns were thinking big went the league was going small. Murray was an astounding prospect.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Don't get me going about Fox... that still hurts.
I loved Fox, I had him ranked right behind Jackson... whoops. I will say this though, that draft reminded me of something very important when scouting a player. I watched two full Kansas games that year and I wasn’t super impressed with Jackson. But then I fell in love with him after the season when I was reading all the hype and watching all the highlight videos. Goes to show, watch the games and trust your eyes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Fox, I had him ranked right behind Jackson... whoops. I will say this though, that draft reminded me of something very important when scouting a player. I watched two full Kansas games that year and I wasn’t super impressed with Jackson. But then I fell in love with him after the season when I was reading all the hype and watching all the highlight videos. Goes to show, watch the games and trust your eyes.

Watching a player live in a game is the best way to scout a player for sure. It tells you a lot about about him against other players and teams you know.

Jackson wasn't a good outside shooter but if one looks at his college stats it doesn't really show it except for free throw shooting. This is why when I look at prospects I always look at their free throw shooting.
Assists to turnovers also help.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

I remember really liking Fox, but the thinking was that the Suns weren't looking at PGs because they had Bledsoe.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Murray is actually the player I wanted at 4 in that draft. I was pissed when they drafted Bender.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose