The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lakers were probably trying to low ball them

If anything it’s the opposite. I’m sure they’re doing everything they can to make the Pelicans act now but it’s too personal with the Lakers right now.

Some combo of Tatum, Brown, Grizz/Kings 1st will end up getting it done this summer.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
If anything it’s the opposite. I’m sure they’re doing everything they can to make the Pelicans act now but it’s too personal with the Lakers right now.

Some combo of Tatum, Brown, Grizz/Kings 1st will end up getting it done this summer.
That could be it, but they could also be trying to use the whole " AD is going to be a rental to any team so you won't get as much as you want" , I hope they wait till the summer so the sun's have a better shot at getting holiday

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Klay Thompson now saying that if the Warriors don't offer him the max, he'll look at signing for the Lakers if they have Lebron AND AD.

And the downward spiral of the NBA continues...
on a selfish, personal level i guess it makes sense for Klay to pass on "max or Lakers" talk to a friend and have it leak out as a unverifiable "rumor" so that it pressures either his team or his target team to weigh him in any decisions they're making now. but it's terrible for his team, the fans and the sport

the Warriors have the rest of the regular season and another championship run ahead of them and they are crapping all over themselves with ego issues this year

and can someone tell me how they are even paying all their stars and superstars now
when posters here are anticipating we can't pay JJ, Oubre, and Holmes?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers were probably trying to low ball them

No, they don't want to talk to the Lakers because they are the ones trying to destroy their franchise. If I was the Pelicans I would trade him anywhere else even for a smaller offer just to not give them what they want.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At what point do teams shy away from players associated with Klutch. They violated the unspoken rules and what dignity is left in the sport in regards to player-team relationships. This has happened before but this is orchestrated on a franchise changing level, between magic, LeBron, Klutch and Davis. It has to suck being on the Lakers and Pelicans right now for anyone not named James or Davis, the thought of being waived/traded and moved out of what should be a productive season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whoa.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Why can't the Suns ever do something like this?

The Suns desperately need another star, and yet we sit here and watch the Lakers, Mavericks, Celtics, Raptors, Timberwolves and Sixers make the move the Suns need to make. All the Suns do is accumulate assets, only never really to use them.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why can't the Suns ever do something like this?

The Suns desperately need another star, and yet we sit here and watch the Lakers, Mavericks, Celtics, Raptors, Timberwolves and Sixers make the move the Suns need to make. All the Suns do is accumulate assets, only never really to use them.

Maybe everyone knew we had 3 tier players all along? This year we do have a few assets but nothing major to offer besides Booker and Ayton, the two whom we are supposedly building around.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WTF!!!!!

If your the Suns how did you get beat out on this you can trump any Dallas offer.

F'ing amazing

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Wtf? What can they be sending?!? And why aren’t we trying to get in on that? I’d send anyone not named Ayton or booker. If Porzingas returns to health a big three of booker, Ayton, porzingas would be mighty powerful.

I’d even include our unprotected pick this year!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wtf? What can they be sending?!? And why aren’t we trying to get in on that? I’d send anyone not named Ayton or booker. If Porzingas returns to health a big three of booker, Ayton, porzingas would be mighty powerful.

Apparently, it is Dennis Smith, Jr., DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews and a future first round pick for Porzingis, Hardaway, Jr. and Courtney Lee.

It's a deal we easily could have beaten, especially if James Jones had been smart enough to hang on to Tyson Chandler's expiring contract rather than just waiving him, so we could absorb salary to sweeten the deal.

It looks like our current ownership and management are content to have the Suns be a glorified minor league franchise just developing players to sign with other teams eventually...

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Why the f would we want Porzingis? 7'3 guy with MAJOR injury concerns who you need to pay the MAX this offseason.

He is not a power forward.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mark Cuban must have been blessed by the pope in the last 8 months or so, first Doncic falls into his lap and now Porzingis.

This is just incredible.

And that offer for Porzingis is one the Suns could have easily beat by offering Chandler and Rivers’ expiring deals had they not bought them out and just kept them DNP’d instead.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
PorIngas and two ugly contracts for DSJ and two expiring. Wow.

Can’t tell me had we hung onto our expiring guys instead of releasing for nada that we couldn’t have beaten that. Particularly if we were willing to pony up our pick this year.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the point is Cuban makes sh*t happen and we don't,
just like the Doncic move, there's a high probability he's getting the better end of this deal
and he's in the conversation for every big name player that may be available
and we're not
despite the fact that Dallas is no bigger a market than Phoenix
and they were at the bottom of the league alongside us last season
and they don't even have their first round pick to work with in trade

Dallas is being run by a shark
Phoenix is being run by a minnow

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mark Cuban must have been blessed by the pope in the last 8 months or so, first Doncic falls into his lap and now Porzingis.

This is just incredible.

And that offer for Porzingis is one the Suns could have easily beat by offering Chandler and Rivers’ expiring deals had they not bought them out and just kept them DNP’d instead.

Rivers contract could not be combined with others. He was only eligible to be traded by himself.

Your point is valid on Chandler though.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why the f would we want Porzingis? 7'3 guy with MAJOR injury concerns who you need to pay the MAX this offseason.

He is not a power forward.
Oy here goes slin with his “if you’re this tall you have to play this position” rhetoric again. He absolutely could be a stretch 4 and likely a perfect compliment to Ayton. It’s an ACL. Players come back from those all the time. This isn’t 1982.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
the point is Cuban makes sh*t happen and we don't,
just like the Doncic move, there's a high probability he's getting the better end of this deal
and he's in the conversation for every big name player that may be available
and we're not
despite the fact that Dallas is no bigger a market than Phoenix
and they were at the bottom of the league alongside us last season

Dallas is being run by a shark
Phoenix is being run by a minnow

Because we have ZERO need for a center with major injury history and RFA coming up.

Literally zero.

Good lord.