The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Oy here goes slin with his “if you’re this tall you have to play this position” rhetoric again. He absolutely could be a stretch 4 and likely a perfect compliment to Ayton. It’s an ACL. Players come back from those all the time. This isn’t 1982.
yeah 7'3 guys with foot problems and torn ACLs

those guys come back from that all the time.

Players never return 100% from torn ACLs and Porzingis is never ever a stretch 4.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Saw a report says lakers and pelicans talking now, so that didn't last long

Lakers reportedly offered lonzo, kuzma, Ingram, zubac and a 1st
kinda surprised they haven't taken that

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the Mavs get KP, can tank the rest of the year with a depleted roster and hope for a higher pick as well.

Maybe KP's rehab isn't going as well or so?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And not that DSJ was high on our radar, but there goes another guard we could have acquired.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
So the Mavs get KP, can tank the rest of the year with a depleted roster and hope for a higher pick as well.

Maybe KP's rehab isn't going as well or so?
It might have to do with the fact that he doesn't want to sign long term with them, it said he is going to sign the qualifying offer so he can be a free agent next year

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah 7'3 guys with foot problems and torn ACLs

those guys come back from that all the time.

Players never return 100% from torn ACLs and Porzingis is never ever a stretch 4.

100% wrong a torn ACL isn't that big of a deal anymore. There have been plenty to comeback from them

And he is the perfect Stretch 4 what the hell are you talking about

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And not that DSJ was high on our radar, but there goes another guard we could have acquired.

Why do I have the horrified feeling that James Jones is now going to trade for Frank Ntilikina?

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A similar trade by us would take us completely out of the market for a point guard via trade or free agency. We'd be looking at guys we could sign with the MLE or hoping to hit a miracle in the draft.

However... in the lens of "4 quarters do not equal a dollar in the NBA", the Mavs just swapped about 14 cents for a dollar.

The Knicks are a disaster.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mavericks are also getting Trey Burke in the deal. Yet another point guard who is superior to any point guard we have on the roster here.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A similar trade by us would take us completely out of the market for a point guard via trade or free agency. We'd be looking at guys we could sign with the MLE or hoping to hit a miracle in the draft.

However... in the lens of "4 quarters do not equal a dollar in the NBA", the Mavs just swapped about 14 cents for a dollar.

The Knicks are a disaster.

And what point guard are we going to get in a trade or free agency? I would much rather bring in a star power forward via trade than throw $25 million dollars per season at the likes of Terry Rozier or Ricky Rubio, or worse trade our assets for 2 disinterested and distracted years of Lonzo Ball.

Again, why don't the Suns ever take advantage of lopsided trade situations like this?

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
And what point guard are we going to get in a trade or free agency? I would much rather bring in a star power forward via trade than throw $25 million dollars per season at the likes of Terry Rozier or Ricky Rubio, or worse trade our assets for 2 disinterested and distracted years of Lonzo Ball.

Again, why don't the Suns ever take advantage of lopsided trade situations like this?
Why are you so against lonzo? Weren't you the one that wanted john wall and his horrible contract for two years but you don't want lonzo for 3

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only potential bright side for the Suns I see to this deal is Moudiay should now be available.

Well never mind, looking at his stats he's not so great. Yeah this deal just sucks.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The plot thickens...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thickens like PJ Tuckers bloodstream at 2am.

There is no way a dude coming off an ACL injury is going to turn down 150 million guaranteed. Zero chance. None. Shams is a dope.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why are you so against lonzo? Weren't you the one that wanted john wall and his horrible contract for two years but you don't want lonzo for 3

At least there's a snowball's chance in Phoenix that Wall wants to be here and sticks around long term and that he will at least try to do his part to turn this team's fortunes around.

The worst kept secret in the NBA is Lonzo Ball's desire, not to mention that of his father, for Lonzo Ball to spend his entire career, or at least as much of it as possible, in Los Angeles. Not only will Lonzo Ball continue to be lackadaisical in his approach to the game, his father will be a distraction as well, and the attitude of both will add gasoline to the fire that is the losing disgruntled culture here. Think this year's version of Trevor Ariza or last year's version of Eric Bledsoe and multiply it by a thousand.

And all of that aside, he can't shoot or defend at all.

This franchise is dangerously close to imploding as it is. Acquiring Lonzo Ball even for no price would pretty much assure that implosion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Your entire existence on this board is whining about point guards, that nothing will change until we get one... then you post THAT?!

... you are such a troll.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole. Good player, but the injuries scare me.

His injuries, his body type and his brother/agent all scare the hell out of me. Throw in the fact that he's been rumored to want to play with Doncic for awhile now and I wouldn't touch him for any reason. It's just too big of a gamble. But purely as a player, I'd have zero concerns about pairing him with Ayton.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Your entire existence on this board is whining about point guards, that nothing will change until we get one... then you post THAT?!

This team needs a LEGITIMATE NBA starting point guard in the worst way, not throwing a bunch of money or assets toward a point guard that is no better than the craptastic quartet at that position of Melton/Okobo/Crawford/Booker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest, as much fun as it would be to watch NO just stick it to the Lakers, I feel like they'll be cutting off their nose to spite their face if they really turned down a package of Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac and a first round pick as has been reported in LA. That is a HUGE haul of young talent that I don't know who can match.

Ball's got upside, Kozma and Ingram are already very promising (Ingram not as much as when he was drafted but still, only 21 and super talented with a lot of potential).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll be honest, as much fun as it would be to watch NO just stick it to the Lakers, I feel like they'll be cutting off their nose to spite their face if they really turned down a package of Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac and a first round pick as has been reported in LA. That is a HUGE haul of young talent that I don't know who can match.

Ball's got upside, Kozma and Ingram are already very promising (Ingram not as much as when he was drafted but still, only 21 and super talented with a lot of potential).

Kuzma and Ingram, certainly. Ball outside of LA has zero upside. None. He is a net negative.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only way we could have a worse point guard than we currently have would be to acquire a point guard and then, no matter who he is, he would instantly be worse than any guard we have. It's like magic.

Last edited: