The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team needs a LEGITIMATE NBA starting point guard in the worst way, not throwing a bunch of money or assets toward a point guard that is no better than the craptastic quartet at that position of Melton/Okobo/Crawford/Booker.

I'm sorry Eeyore, there are going to be a TON of guys available this summer. You're the one who brought up those trash names as though the bottom of the barrel are the only options... because you're a troll.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
At least there's a snowball's chance in Phoenix that Wall wants to be here and sticks around long term and that he will at least try to do his part to turn this team's fortunes around.

The worst kept secret in the NBA is Lonzo Ball's desire, not to mention that of his father, for Lonzo Ball to spend his entire career, or at least as much of it as possible, in Los Angeles. Not only will Lonzo Ball continue to be lackadaisical in his approach to the same, his father will be a distraction as well, and the attitude of both will add gasoline to the fire that is the losing disgruntled culture here. Think this year's version of Trevor Ariza or last year's version of Eric Bledsoe and multiply it by a thousand.

And all of that aside, he can't shoot or defend at all.

This franchise is dangerously close to imploding as it is. Acquiring Lonzo Ball even for no price would pretty much assure that implosion.
Other than "his father will be a distraction" and "he can't shoot ". That might be one of the dumbest things I've read on this board. I highly doubt lavar would be much of a problem no matter where lonzo goes, he's annoying yes but he isn't the cancer some fans make him out to be, all he does is make outrageous claims on Twitter and media, not like he's running around doing blow off strippers with the players

And lonzo is a great defender, rebounder, and passer, all of which are better then all of our point guards

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be honest, as much fun as it would be to watch NO just stick it to the Lakers, I feel like they'll be cutting off their nose to spite their face if they really turned down a package of Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac and a first round pick as has been reported in LA. That is a HUGE haul of young talent that I don't know who can match.

Ball's got upside, Kozma and Ingram are already very promising (Ingram not as much as when he was drafted but still, only 21 and super talented with a lot of potential).

I mean you are probably correct. That is not a bad haul at all. In fact I am not so sure the Lakers won't be worse after the trade, but I just don't want the lakers to get their way.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sorry Eeyore, there are going to be a TON of guys available this summer. You're the one who brought up those trash names as though the bottom of the barrel are the only options... because you're a troll.

Name one, just one, that the Suns have a legitimate chance of signing that is a legitimate NBA starting point guard.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Name one, just one, that the Suns have a legitimate chance of signing that is a legitimate NBA starting point guard.

I'm sorry Eeyore. Your entire posting existence is bitching about point guards... now it doesn't matter if we make a trade that ruins our ability to get one because we wouldn't have landed one anyway?

You are a troll defined.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the Mavs get KP, can tank the rest of the year with a depleted roster and hope for a higher pick as well.

Maybe KP's rehab isn't going as well or so?

Cuban has this figured out. Can we trade owners.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because we have ZERO need for a center with major injury history and RFA coming up.

Literally zero.

Good lord.

In a situation like this, Porzingis could play power forward.

When a team adds immense talent, you worry about positions later.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw a report says lakers and pelicans talking now, so that didn't last long

Lakers reportedly offered lonzo, kuzma, Ingram, zubac and a 1st
kinda surprised they haven't taken that

Maybe they want Hart instead of Zubac because Zubac will be a free agent.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
In a situation like this, Porzingis could play power forward.

When a team adds immense talent, you worry about positions later.
In response to that philosophy, the Suns have worried about that enough. Three alpha Point Guards competing all season long to be "the man".

Two rookie Power Forwards drafted together with no commitment to either. Competing with each other, not just during practice, but for playing time.

Four Small Forwards fighting for the position. It is the opposite of team chemistry. And is a major factor in why the Suns suck! And have for the better part of a decade.

Centers, forwards, guards. And now temporary acting General Managers splitting the job. The Suns approach to people management is consistent. Unfortunately, it is consistently stupid!

Divide and conquer. In a family, it would be called abuse.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In response to that philosophy, the Suns have worried about that enough. Three alpha Point Guards competing all season long to be "the man".

Two rookie Power Forwards drafted together with no commitment to either. Competing with each other, not just during practice, but for playing time.

Four Small Forwards fighting for the position. It is the opposite of team chemistry. And is a major factor in why the Suns suck! And have for the better part of a decade.

Centers, forwards, guards. And now temporary acting General Managers splitting the job. The Suns approach to people management is consistent. Unfortunately, it is consistently stupid!

Divide and conquer. In a family, it would be called abuse.

So is that a no for Porzingis? I'm not sure.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kuzma and Ingram, certainly. Ball outside of LA has zero upside. None. He is a net negative.

even Kuzma and Ingram as a package is better than anything they're likely going to get. and disagree on Ball. Jury's still out there, IMO.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm sorry Eeyore. Your entire posting existence is bitching about point guards... now it doesn't matter if we make a trade that ruins our ability to get one because we wouldn't have landed one anyway?

You are a troll defined.

So you refuse to answer my question...perhaps because you are unable to name a single legitimate free point guard that has any chance whatsoever of signing with the Suns.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

You are a troll defined.

And, by the way, my solution is to TRADE for a legitimate point guard, since none of the legitimate free agent point guards will sign here.

And if the team can't trade for a legitimate point guard, the next best thing is to get a star power forward to fill our other gaping hole and sign a stop-gap second or third tier point guard instead, rather than throw ridiculous money and/or assets at the likes of Rozier, Rubio or Ball.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You are a troll defined.

no. you're making a straw-man argument that is false and you are insulting & harassing him
so you are being the troll
his posts are on topic -- you just don't like them

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Knicks get two first round picks from Dallas as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media