The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Timberwolves are signing Canaan to a 10 day contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he plays out his contract then goes to the Lakers, he would be joining a 35 year old LeBron James.

LeBron joining the Lakers had nothing to do with wanting to win and was more so about the off court opportunities in LA. Makes sense since he’s already done all his winning titles and accolades and all that.

Davis is barely 26 years old and has even very recently said that winning is more of a priority for him than money and sponsorships and all that type of stuff.

Can’t imagine a washed up LeBron will help him get there.

I agree with this. I'm not at all sure that Paul wants him in LA but I'm confident that he has one or two destinations in mind already and he will force the situation the way he wants it. If he wants him in LA it will likely have little to do with Lebron's window.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They already have Teague, Rose, and Tyus Jones. How many more PG's do they need? They have Jerryd Bayless as well.

Teague is ruled out for Wednesday's game and Rose is questionable but my mind thought along the lines of a trade.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Can Brightside STOP with this nonsense... NOTHING GOOD comes from igniting this ignorant conversation....

Every team should always be open to trading anyone. There's always the remote chance that another team will offer much more than you thought was possible.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Can Brightside STOP with this nonsense... NOTHING GOOD comes from igniting this ignorant conversation....

Yep. Even if it made sense to trade him, how much are we going to get back on a player that's only making 3.3 million this season? Maybe a 3rd string pg?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker stat line tonight...

38 points, 74% shooting, 50% from 3... oh by the way 7 assists and 5 rebounds...

Stop with this sky is falling, trade Booker BS...

He is our future and any talk to ship him out is ludicrous

Just not at the point (6 turnovers).

The talk of trading him is not because he doesn't have an NBA future. It's the fear based on his visible frustration that he is on the cusp of pulling what Anthony Davis just did, and more notably what Bledsoe and Dragic did before that.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker stat line tonight...

38 points, 74% shooting, 50% from 3... oh by the way 7 assists and 5 rebounds...

Stop with this sky is falling, trade Booker BS...

He is our future and any talk to ship him out is ludicrous

There are some that apparently believe that any time a player gets upset we should trade them before they demand to be moved. I don't see much future in that, I think we should plan ahead but we should save the gross overreactions for when they are needed.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think we should plan ahead but we should save the gross overreactions for when they are needed.
Planning ahead means getting a Point Guard so Book won't want to bolt.

Save the gross overreactions (??) for when they are needed means waiting until it is too late.

You're choosing heads and tails? Even if the coin ends up on its side, it is not a winning situation. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning ahead means getting a Point Guard so Book won't want to bolt.

Save the gross overreactions (??) for when they are needed means waiting until it is too late.

You're choosing heads and tails? Even if the coin ends up on its side, it is not a winning situation. :)

I don't buy it. Yes we need a point guard but I just don't believe he's on his way out because we don't have one. But I especially don't believe in the overreactions on this board and elsewhere that suggest we should move him before he demands to be moved.

To quote Strictly Ballroom "a life lived in fear is a half life". Or to quote a famous General "never take counsel of your fears" (attributed to both Andrew Jackson and George S Patton).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't buy it. Yes we need a point guard but I just don't believe he's on his way out because we don't have one. But I especially don't believe in the overreactions on this board and elsewhere that suggest we should move him before he demands to be moved.

To quote Strictly Ballroom "a life lived in fear is a half life". Or to quote a famous General "never take counsel of your fears" (attributed to both Andrew Jackson and George S Patton).
Or as warren buffet says:

When people get greedy, I get scared. When people get scared, I get greedy.

I’d prefer to Buffett over the people. But many posters here live in fear.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Klay Thompson now saying that if the Warriors don't offer him the max, he'll look at signing for the Lakers if they have Lebron AND AD.

And the downward spiral of the NBA continues...

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Klay Thompson now saying that if the Warriors don't offer him the max, he'll look at signing for the Lakers if they have Lebron AND AD.

And the downward spiral of the NBA continues...

When I first heard this it was called speculation, has there been actual comments from Klay? I know Woj will pass on anything whether it's been sourced or not, until I see something else I'm not going to give this one much attention.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
When I first heard this it was called speculation, has there been actual comments from Klay? I know Woj will pass on anything whether it's been sourced or not, until I see something else I'm not going to give this one much attention.
Really? Is it really that far-fetched with the way the NBA is today? I think this is VERY believable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? Is it really that far-fetched with the way the NBA is today? I think this is VERY believable.

I didn't say it was far-fetched, I just challenged the way you worded it. As I said, the first time I heard it, it was not being passed off as a direct statement. It was pure speculation and now it's still no better than an anonymous 3rd hand comment. Maybe it's true, who knows. But it doesn't appear to be any closer to reporting than what we do here.