The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
One of my favorite dunks by amare in the playoffs. Pre Microfracuture surgery.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was one of the best at scoring in traffic and through contact. His hands were just so good around the basket, that was his real strength.

Amare was so explosive and he always wanted it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pre-injury he was something to behold. Was fearless.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think this was mentioned here but I could be wrong. Apparently Draymond Green has replaced his agent and signed on with Klutch Sports. He isn't a free agent until 2020 but I could see him pushing for a move this offseason. It doesn't make a ton of sense to replace his agent now unless he is planning on something sooner than later. He's got a year and a half until his contract is up. Durant is a free agent this summer so maybe Draymond forces a him or me situation and now has the agent who will do that for him. I wouldn't mind seeing him end up in LA and watching he and Lebron miss the playoffs again next year but the idea of Golden State restocking their bench with the Lakers youth is a bit troubling.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26244932/right-move-me

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yassss! Pre micro-fracture surgery his elevation was ridiculous. The defender here tried to reach amare at his plateau, but it seemed like Amare just kept rising. Amazing physical ability.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Finally found it after looking for two days. Terrible quality but yeah that I prime/peak Tim Duncan being rendered useless...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is probably my favorite Amare play of all time. Amare could get up there and when he wanted to do something there was nothing that could stop him. How many people can say they blocked Duncan when he was going for a dunk ?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is probably my favorite Amare play of all time. Amare could get up there and when he wanted to do something there was nothing that could stop him. How many people can say they blocked Duncan when he was going for a dunk ?

This was my all time fav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Idk man prime Amare was a beast both physically and athletically. Amare would have dunked that.
Collins has plenty of humiliating poster dunks as well. This was just one move.

I think those criticizing the comparison are assuming that was his only big highlight play.

Collins is actually a good defender as well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well... you could allow defenders to defend. Harden draws fouls from uncomfortable eye contact.

So far seems like not going to happen. When the Spurs beat the Warriors the other night Jim Barnett was talking up how DeRozan has clearly been scouting Harden. He always shoots lots of FT's himself but he's outright copying Harden's sweep the ball up into the defender, even has the same stepback now although for 2 not a 3. He made a bunch of contested shots and drew a ton of fouls that way too. The really good players are going to be copying Harden so until the NBA decides they don't want to reward that, it's going to be happening more and more. Draymond actually did a sweep through in that game.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So far seems like not going to happen. When the Spurs beat the Warriors the other night Jim Barnett was talking up how DeRozan has clearly been scouting Harden. He always shoots lots of FT's himself but he's outright copying Harden's sweep the ball up into the defender, even has the same stepback now although for 2 not a 3. He made a bunch of contested shots and drew a ton of fouls that way too. The really good players are going to be copying Harden so until the NBA decides they don't want to reward that, it's going to be happening more and more. Draymond actually did a sweep through in that game.

I saw Embiid do a similar step-back jumper recently. I agree with you, we will see more and more of this style.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm okay with the step back jumper, I just don't like the sweep through. It would be difficult to referee but I'd like them to add a rule that no contact will be called if the move seems designed primarily to draw contact. If it's a basketball move, fine, but if it's designed to create contact the contact should be ignored. Or something like that.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I'm okay with the step back jumper, I just don't like the sweep through. It would be difficult to referee but I'd like them to add a rule that no contact will be called if the move seems designed primarily to draw contact. If it's a basketball move, fine, but if it's designed to create contact the contact should be ignored. Or something like that.
I appreciate that it's not easy reffing in today's league, but I'd love to see the league and refs spend some time to try and reduce the egregious attempts at drawing fouls that happens. Harden is the easiest example to point at but it's pretty pervasive at this point. Booker himself is guilty of this.

They've had a couple goes at it - rip through move a common foul rather than a shooting foul, leg kick outs on jump shots as a offensive foul - but to me it's just such a negative experience to see players concentrate more on trying to draw a foul rather than getting a quality shot attempt off.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Nash used to draw fouls by abruptly stopping when bringing the ball up the court. I never saw anything wrong with this maneuver but some opponents saw it as unfair.

My thought was keep off his rear.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard