The 2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe is still relevant? Who was the genius that thought up doing this article?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I for one am very excited to watch Kobe this season. I expect him to make Jordan on the Wizards look like Jordan in Space Jam.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unable to Overcome Ongoing Back Issues, Steve Nash to Miss 2014-15 Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...back-issues-steve-nash-to-miss-2014-15-season

LOS ANGELES — The latest and perhaps last setback of Steve Nash's disappointing tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers has come.

Nash has been ruled out for the 2014-15 NBA season due to recurring nerve damage in his back, according to league sources.

The Lakers later confirmed the news.

Nash, 40, had said he expects this 19th NBA season to be his final one. But he has not announced his retirement. Nash has not stated an intention of playing for a team away from Los Angeles and his children, saying in March that he would be done if the Lakers used their stretch provision to cut him for salary-cap savings: "That would be it. I'll either be back here or I'll be done."

Now, Nash might try to dream anew of more rest for a full year and one more shot. But his body has simply told him that it isn't up to playing in the NBA, as much as his words have been telling people that he still loves playing and believes he can contribute if allowed.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers' Scott open to Nash sticking around as an assistant

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/612960

Although Steve Nash has ruled out playing for the Los Angeles Lakers this season, he could still conceivably stick around as a de facto assistant head coach.

As Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News notes, Lakers head coach Byron Scott is receptive to the idea of Nash mentoring young guards. This would allow Nash to contribute to the team, if only in a sideline capacity.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this season is going to be so much fun to watch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it will. I love delicious hater tears.

this season should be just as delicious as the last three seasons, if not more so because we're getting your lotto pick. just don't be so awful that it falls in the top 5, k? gracias.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Unable to Overcome Ongoing Back Issues, Steve Nash to Miss 2014-15 Season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...back-issues-steve-nash-to-miss-2014-15-season

LOS ANGELES — The latest and perhaps last setback of Steve Nash's disappointing tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers has come.

Nash has been ruled out for the 2014-15 NBA season due to recurring nerve damage in his back, according to league sources.

The Lakers later confirmed the news.

Nash, 40, had said he expects this 19th NBA season to be his final one. But he has not announced his retirement. Nash has not stated an intention of playing for a team away from Los Angeles and his children, saying in March that he would be done if the Lakers used their stretch provision to cut him for salary-cap savings: "That would be it. I'll either be back here or I'll be done."

Now, Nash might try to dream anew of more rest for a full year and one more shot. But his body has simply told him that it isn't up to playing in the NBA, as much as his words have been telling people that he still loves playing and believes he can contribute if allowed.

Lol Nick young and Steve Nash both out before season even begins.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Randle breaks his leg in his first NBA game.

Yep, that's how the season is going to play out for the Laker faithful.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is going to be amazing. only thing that will make this season even somewhat suck is when the Lakers get the fifth pick. But knowing that Fredo is at the wheel, I'm supremely confident he'll completely blow that pick and we'll get the 4th pick next year.

welcome to hell D-Dog. Enjoy sucking up those hater tears of joy.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked what I saw, even though they lost bad and Randle is done for. The team is ten times as fun to watch as the squad from two seasons ago that was just stomach turning to watch.

Hater tears are delicious and I'll get lots of them this year. Joy or pain, haters tears are hater tears.

A team with no expectations is so much fun to watch. Even if they suck.

Hell? Been there, that was the D12 experiment. This is limbo.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I liked what I saw, even though they lost bad and Randle is done for. The team is ten times as fun to watch as the squad from two seasons ago that was just stomach turning to watch.

Hater tears are delicious and I'll get lots of them this year. Joy or pain, haters tears are hater tears.

A team with no expectations is so much fun to watch. Even if they suck.

Hell? Been there, that was the D12 experiment. This is limbo.

You're a Lakers fan, you can't possibly know what hell is. Maybe Jimmy boy will let you experience it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison