The 2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... We'll take your 2016 pick when it's only top 3 protected. Good lord are the Lakers awful.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From one Laker fan to another, Donald:

I think the D in D-Dogg is for Delusional.

:doi:

:D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Laker Fans, after two games, what is the over/under on wins?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From one Laker fan to another, Donald:

I think the D in D-Dogg is for Delusional.

:doi:

:D

that's because D-Dogg at this point seems more a Kobe fan then a Laker fan. He gets everything he wants right now... Kobe doing EVERYTHING, no matter what happens and for once people won't blame him for not getting teammates involved because his teammates are awful (although, his teammates are awful because his salary chokes the cap and wouldn't allow them to sign two MAX guys, meaning no Max guy in their right mind would come to the Lakers trainwreck alone).

I feel like he'd be more comfortable in the Laker Underground Myopia then anywhere else.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So Klay just agreed to an extension according to Marc Stein. Four years, max extension. Who are the Lakers going to 'reload' with again?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Klay just agreed to an extension according to Marc Stein. Four years, max extension. Who are the Lakers going to 'reload' with again?

the next guy they're DEFINITELY getting is Westbrook... in 2017!

actually, just saw the Khwai Leonard is going to forgo a contract extension and will test RFA next off-season. My guess is Fredo throws the Max at him, the Spurs are smart enough to realize he's not a MAX contract and the Lakers end up with a Shawn Marion-esque albatross contract to hang on top of Kobe's leaving them to continue to be terrible for the foreseeable future.

and D-Dogg will probably come on here and love it and tell us how great it is, just like he used to laud Kwame Brown as a great defensive C and that Vlad Radmonovich was an impact FA signing.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's because D-Dogg at this point seems more a Kobe fan then a Laker fan. He gets everything he wants right now... Kobe doing EVERYTHING, no matter what happens and for once people won't blame him for not getting teammates involved because his teammates are awful (although, his teammates are awful because his salary chokes the cap and wouldn't allow them to sign two MAX guys, meaning no Max guy in their right mind would come to the Lakers trainwreck alone).

I feel like he'd be more comfortable in the Laker Underground Myopia then anywhere else.

Kobe is my favorite current player and it is stats padding time. That's fun, I can't lie. I love Jordan hill and Ed Davis with their hustle rebounds and d. Jordan Clarkson is a guy I am eager to see develop and I really like his game...I am excited when he gets the ball. Not a big Lin fan but he can get to the rack.

swaggy is fun to watch and he'll be back soon. Unfortunately Randle is hurt but the future with him is bright.

So while the sum of the whole is not very good and could be really really bad, I enjoy watching the parts play. I have no expectations and am just enjoying some ball. Wins are the best but I'm not going to fret that they aren't going to come. What does that help? I'm still cruising on a fame 7 title win over boston. That's a loooooooong high to ride.

Rock bottom was the d12 season and it was miserable. Just hated it. I love this team and am excited to watch them play.

they are the 16 time champion franchise and have given me far more pure joy in my life than disappointment. I can ride the tide.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe is my favorite current player...

That's where we differ. Mine is ABK: Anyone But Kobe. Can't wait for him to be gone. He should be gone already. Would have been awesome if he had gone away (trade or as a free agent) and we had Chris Paul or some other building blocks for the future. I wish some other team was throwing their money away on him.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's where we differ. Mine is ABK: Anyone But Kobe. Can't wait for him to be gone. He should be gone already. Would have been awesome if he had gone away (trade or as a free agent) and we had Chris Paul or some other building blocks for the future. I wish some other team was throwing their money away on him.

I know Brian. I mourn for you, but I understand. He pulled me out of my post magic depression though and I love his warrior mentality and relentless work. Ballhog? Yep. Douchecanoe? Certainly. But dude is incredible and has brought 5 rings. Jerry West was all in and I was as well. My favorite Lakers in order are Magic, Kobe, Worthy, West and Goodrich. I'm hoping Randle is that 6th guy.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This Lakers tank job was pulled off pretty damn well. Casual fan thinks they were trying to win but this god awful team has zero intentions of winning. I know Kobe has said he won't ask out but is he really going to go down like this?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This Lakers tank job was pulled off pretty damn well. Casual fan thinks they were trying to win but this god awful team has zero intentions of winning. I know Kobe has said he won't ask out but is he really going to go down like this?

No, I disagree. You don't get old man Boozer if your plan is to tank. I think they wanted to spend money this summer but couldn't find anyone to take it. They're in the tank but not on purpose.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

kinda agree. they can sell to the fans WATCH KOBE, while being atrocious and likely getting a top 3 pick. the place will sell out, ratings will be okay for the next couple years, they can promote Kobe and suck ass.

all that said, Fredo will still find a way to keep that team in the tank for a looooooooong time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe's arm is gonna fall off come the All-Star break.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Kobe Bryant !!! :D

Kobe Bryant sets mark for misses

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...les-lakers-sets-nba-record-missed-field-goals

Kobe Bryant made history Tuesday, setting the NBA record for missed field goals.

The Los Angeles Lakers star set the mark with 6:22 left in the fourth quarter of a 107-102 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies. He missed a 14-foot fadeaway jumper from the left side, giving him 13,418 career missed field goals, one more than Boston Celtics legend John Havlicek.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe looks atrocious and Nash won't return Byron's calls to get him to mentor the young guys.

this is awesome.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atrocious? How so?

Shooting percentage? How is Melo or Bron's shooting right now?

I thought Kobe was "done"

#haterade

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atrocious? How so?

Shooting percentage? How is Melo or Bron's shooting right now?

you're kidding, right? Kobe is shooting 36.7%, LeBron is shooting 49% and Melo is shooting 43.7%.

Only in yours and Lakerunderground fans minds could one think someone shooting 36.7% ISN'T atrocious.

I thought Kobe was "done"

#haterade

you thought right. scoring 25 ppg on 23 shots while shooting 37% percent pretty much says you're done. And he's beyond atrocious on defense. dude's old Allen Iverson esque. he'll score points because he'll put up a ridiculous amount of shots, but makes zero impact whatsoever and will continue not to do so.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you're kidding, right? Kobe is shooting 36.7%, LeBron is shooting 49% and Melo is shooting 43.7%.

Last week they were both much lower. Currently kobe is shooting the same as Kevin Love and James Harden.

you thought right. scoring 25 ppg on 23 shots while shooting 37% percent pretty much says you're done. And he's beyond atrocious on defense. dude's old Allen Iverson esque. he'll score points because he'll put up a ridiculous amount of shots, but makes zero impact whatsoever and will continue not to do so.

27ppg. 44% for 44 points in 3 quarters last night. A loss of course.... but does not = done. This is apparently Kobe stat padding season. And 56% for 28 points tonight to get past 32K points. (and now at 39% shooting - he'll be back in the mid 40 range as the games pile up). Also, fewer shots with Swaggy P back who WILL shoot the ball and opens up the defense. Kobe will jack like crazy if nobody else is going to go Alpha. Nick will.

At this point though, better to lose. Lose, lose, lose. Get another top pick to pair with Randle (and screw over the Suns in the process). That's gonna be something, at least.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last week they were both much lower. Currently kobe is shooting the same as Kevin Love and James Harden.

27ppg. 44% for 44 points in 3 quarters last night. A loss of course.... but does not = done. This is apparently Kobe stat padding season. And 56% for 28 points tonight to get past 32K points. (and now at 39% shooting - he'll be back in the mid 40 range as the games pile up).

6-22... 38% for the season. do we want to make an avatar bet on that mid-40's range?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave