The 2014-15 Los Angeles Lakers thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't want to give the Lakers a ray of hope but I watched some of their summer league game last night while working and I really like Randle. Unreal handles for a guy his size. He could be almost unguardable if he develops a mid-range J to keep defenders honest.

yeah...I was pissed they got Randle. I think he's has the making of a very solid post player, if not a star.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed Davis was a great pickup for $1M. Boozer, as much as I don't like him, was a good value at $3.25M (13 & 8 last season with limited minutes).

Building the anti-lottery goon squad!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ed Davis was a great pickup for $1M. Boozer, as much as I don't like him, was a good value at $3.25M (13 & 8 last season with limited minutes).

Building the anti-lottery goon squad!

yeah...I'll now give them an outside shot at the 8 seed. I still wonder if Kobe's gonna hold up. You know he's gonna go full bore and full bore with all his injuries on a 36 year old body could be a recipe for disaster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what the heck is the hold up on the Lakers getting a coach?!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me what the heck is the hold up on the Lakers getting a coach?!

Speculation is - the longer Donald Sterling continues to fight to remain the Clippers owner...the more likely it is that Doc Rivers will become available. He has stated that he will not continue on as the coach if Sterling remains the owner.

:shrug:

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Speculation is - the longer Donald Sterling continues to fight to remain the Clippers owner...the more likely it is that Doc Rivers will become available. He has stated that he will not continue on as the coach if Sterling remains the owner.

Doc recently named himself President of Basketball Operations so while I don't doubt he said he would leave, I doubt he actually does it. As long as Doc is assured there is finality to Donald being owner, he stays. Same with the players. I am also sure those comments weren't recent but still used to sway the probate judge of the possible ramifications should Sterling remain owner.
Even if the Probate judge rules in favor of Donald ( no hint that is going to happen), the NBA can still gain control of the team and sell off in auction.
I sure hope the Lakers aren't waiting for that ball to drop.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

so, they continue living in a dream world where they're going to get the Melo's, LeBrons, Irvings and now...a coach that's under contract. Love this Lakers FO. Just LOVE them.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Byron Scott as coach. Will also back up Kobe to help fill the roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B-Scott.

Showtime is back!!!

(ok, well, a member of Showtime is back).

not according to the Lakers who denied the report in the Times today... even though Scott confirmed the report today. I mean...WTF is going on over there?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Huh? Why say you are and you really aren't? Does he just want to be in the limelight again?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not according to the Lakers who denied the report in the Times today... even though Scott confirmed the report today. I mean...WTF is going on over there?

Lakers said they are still negotiating with him, and he's the preferred. Offer was made by them though.

Dunno why he'd say he accepted it if he didn't though.

They are getting downright dysfunctional.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Lakers said they are still negotiating with him, and he's the preferred. Offer was made by them though.

Dunno why he'd say he accepted it if he didn't though.

They are getting downright dysfunctional.

Welcome to my world. :D

Hopefully it all comes to an end today, or this week for the Clippers.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve Nash Described Kobe Bryant in 3 Very NSFW Words, Black Mamba Approved

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Many people have nothing but flattering things to say about Kobe Bryant, but Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash had some pretty strong words to describe his teammate. And the Black Mamba loved every bit of it.

This week's issue of Sports Illustrated featured a very in-depth piece on Bryant by Chris Ballard. The article touched on quite a few things, but nothing stood out more than a story about how Nash described the Black Mamba to Gotham Chopra, the director of Bryant's upcoming Showtime documentary.

During filming, Chopra interviewed a number of Bryant’s teammates, current and former, and he asked them to describe Bryant in three words. After each interview Kobe would text Chopra, eager to hear what people said. Most answered with some variation of 'the ultimate competitor' or 'killer instinct.' But when Chopra asked Steve Nash, he said something different. After thinking for a moment, Nash answered, slowly, in three beats: 'Mother . . . f------ . . . a------.'

Those are some, um, interesting ways to describe a teammate. Words like that may offend some people, but not Bryant.

"Kobe thought this was awesome."

That probably surprises nobody.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe is a MFAhole, Nash and Kobe are both awesome. Kobe is still amazing, Nash is probably done forever.