That Was a "Same Old Cards" Kind of Game

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That was an absolutely disgusting display of football, made WORSE by how good we looked in flashes, not better. Why? Because we showed how absolutely fantastic we CAN be, only to pull the rug out from under the fans with a "But nah, we're not going to win, silly."

That was so very, very frustrating to watch. Defense? Ass. Vance Joseph can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, it seems. Kyler? Ass. Almost single-handedly pumped fuel into the Lion's offense and helped with their scoring. No, I'm not saying he didn't play well otherwise, but one "oh eff" outweighs a thousand "'attaboys." And he had well more than one "oh eff" play. He needs to get his head out and figure things out, and fast, or kiss the playoffs goodbye. Sorry, KM, but you're the one folks are anointing an MVP candidate and one of the better QBs out there--which, right now, is FAR from the truth. The burden of expectations can be extremely heavy. Get in the film room and get your game right, kid.

Murphy, saying you were ass would be an insult to asses everywhere. If you love receivers that much, you should marry them, or at least buy them dinner first.

Yes, I've used a great deal of hyperbole here. Yes, it's reactionary and over the top. But, ******* it, I lived through way too much "Same Old Cards" BS; I have absolutely NO desire to relive it. Displays like that will rile me every damn time. Not a player or coach who shouldn't be embarrassed and upset and determined to do better. A garbage effort against a garbage team. Do better, Cards, or face my wrath lol

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Lol this is a great old school darksider thread. Bravo!

I knew you'd get me, Ouchie!

I mean, losing to the Lions here was always going to be bad. Losing the way we did was just pathetic. Losing the way we did and "getting" to watch it was a special kind of hell.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't help that it's the Lions. The Lions have been trash for 3 straight seasons and this is the 3rd loss in a row and all at State Farm. That's not good.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say its the same old Cardinals. We had 3 turnovers and was still in the game. Defense was tired and hurting at the safety position. Defense fought throughout the game and it came down to them making a field goal to win.

To me the same old Cardinals was losing before half time.

We all feel different about things. Not saying you’re wrong. Lets just hope the team learned something and come back strong from this defeat.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree. Like I said elsewhere, Kyler throws one less pick, they win this game. If he throws two less, it's not even close.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yarp to all of the above. Same Old Cards could've been out of it by halftime, but also lose in the dumbest fashion against (the rare) worse team, too. I'm not saying we ARE the SOC, just that this performance was reminiscent of.

Thanks for letting me vent about them and not giving me a ton of grief, yinz guys. Let's hope this week is better.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What hurt is that the Lions were mouthing off this week about "They were tired of being disrespected" in the media. I thought gone were the days where we always the elixir to an opponent's woes!! Can't run the ball?? Step right up! No sacks or interceptions by your D? All you can eat against the Cards offense!! 0 and whatever?? Get your first win of the season right here! I'm not trying to go that route again. Not with a supposed sleeper team this year. I don't expect SB, but we have a chance to set ourselves up lovely coming into the meat of the schedule. Please don't F this up dammit!

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't help that it's the Lions. The Lions have been trash for 3 straight seasons and this is the 3rd loss in a row and all at State Farm. That's not good.

Brit, I thought one of them was at Detroit. The one where DJ got hurt? Did I miss one in between without going to Google?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yarp to all of the above. Same Old Cards could've been out of it by halftime, but also lose in the dumbest fashion against (the rare) worse team, too. I'm not saying we ARE the SOC, just that this performance was reminiscent of.

Thanks for letting me vent about them and not giving me a ton of grief, yinz guys. Let's hope this week is better.

Stout, you ain't know?? You have "vent immunity" round these parts brother!:D

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brit, I thought one of them was at Detroit. The one where DJ got hurt? Did I miss one in between without going to Google?

That was the year before.

We lost 4 straight but the Lions finished 9-7 in 2017. The last 3 years they been trash and beat us 3 times at State Farm.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
That was an absolutely disgusting display of football, made WORSE by how good we looked in flashes, not better. Why? Because we showed how absolutely fantastic we CAN be, only to pull the rug out from under the fans with a "But nah, we're not going to win, silly."

That was so very, very frustrating to watch. Defense? Ass. Vance Joseph can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, it seems. Kyler? Ass. Almost single-handedly pumped fuel into the Lion's offense and helped with their scoring. No, I'm not saying he didn't play well otherwise, but one "oh eff" outweighs a thousand "'attaboys." And he had well more than one "oh eff" play. He needs to get his head out and figure things out, and fast, or kiss the playoffs goodbye. Sorry, KM, but you're the one folks are anointing an MVP candidate and one of the better QBs out there--which, right now, is FAR from the truth. The burden of expectations can be extremely heavy. Get in the film room and get your game right, kid.

Murphy, saying you were ass would be an insult to asses everywhere. If you love receivers that much, you should marry them, or at least buy them dinner first.

Yes, I've used a great deal of hyperbole here. Yes, it's reactionary and over the top. But, ******* it, I lived through way too much "Same Old Cards" BS; I have absolutely NO desire to relive it. Displays like that will rile me every damn time. Not a player or coach who shouldn't be embarrassed and upset and determined to do better. A garbage effort against a garbage team. Do better, Cards, or face my wrath lol
Don’t agree we had a great chance after 3 Ints, maybe run the ball more and better with rbs? You know like started work last year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard