Texans...

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Never once did I try to say the Cards recent history is more impressive than Seattle's, I just pointed out recent playoff history for Seattle includes one of the more glaring gaffes in playoff history.
Cool. I'll take it over not being there. :)

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Too bad this broke down into a fight with a Seahags fan.

Since I hate the Seahawks more than any other team I guess it makes it worse. My comments about a real bad team doing well in a bad division are above. I mean the Seahawks are a bigger joke, than the Carolina Panthers.

:thumbup:
Score. I'll take being a bigger joke than a team that has made it to the Super Bowl. The Cardinals are a bigger joke than... um... :confused:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Score. I'll take being a bigger joke than a team that has made it to the Super Bowl. The Cardinals are a bigger joke than... um... :confused:

At least we admit being a joke.

You sign Alexander yet?
:biglaugh:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Cool. I'll take it over not being there. :)

So your saying your better cuz your team does good but still sucks enough to lose year after year in the play-offs?

I would like to nominate this as the Lamest Post of The Week...

Thank you, drive thru...

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
blindseyed said:
So your saying your better cuz your team does good but still sucks enough to lose year after year in the play-offs?
:stupid:
No, I'm saying that my team is better because they win about twice as many games every year. I'm sure it's a tough concept for you.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
No, I'm saying that my team is better because they win about twice as many games every year. I'm sure it's a tough concept for you.

You're team? Another idiot thinking he;s on the team or owns it somehow..."My Dad is better than your Dad...nee ner nee ner"

Win during the regular season yet so heart broken when it counts....

As a long time loser yourself, you of all people should know ya gotta do better than that to insult a Cards fan, lady.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
blindseyed said:

I would like to nominate this as the Lamest Post of The Week...

Thank you, drive thru...
Hey genius, don't look now but you're the one who said it was "my" team. Man, you're lame.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shuffle

shuffle

shuffle

spin

spin

and now look what forum we are in

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Sc

does the term projectionist strike a bell with you? It should because your very good at accusing other's of what you yourself are very guilty of.
There's nothing backdoor about my comments to you.My first post, in response to yours, was brief and direct. Not necessarily insulting. My second was certainly of a lighter touch. But, take it as you will.
I have to give it to you, the Hags have a better record at this time.
I think you have to give it back that they are notorious for melting down no?
If everything had gone right, barring injuries to both teams, no BS calls etc., we'd probably be very competitive with the Hags at this point.
I believe, also, that we've split the series the last couple of years, no?
This season is still young. Injuries could put a serious hurting on your team. We've got a couple of starters coming back from injury.
I said we'll go 8-8 and I stand by that. I'll wager, no problem.
I still don't get why you would consider someone being empathetic to another team so insultingly hilarious? Especially when that really wasn't what the thread was started about in the first place.
Your welcome here, in my book, to talk football, but not to have a free laugh on a non football issue. That, amigo, is bad manners. And, you seem well bred enough and well spoken enough , to know that.
I actually thought we could win the division, until certain unforseen events occured. However, I don't believe anyone (on this board) didn't know the Hags were the team to beat.
I know this is redundant but, see you in Nov.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:

EVERY YEAR!?!?!

Now you are just plain dillusional. The Seahawks sucked for a LOOOOOONNNGG Time.

And I bet they did not have twice as many wins more that 2 or 3 seasons.

Whatever. Go talk about your Seahags, dwindling secondary.

:wave:

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
does the term projectionist strike a bell with you? It should because your very good at accusing other's of what you yourself are very guilty of.
There's nothing backdoor about my comments to you.My first post, in response to yours, was brief and direct. Not necessarily insulting. My second was certainly of a lighter touch. But, take it as you will.
I have to give it to you, the Hags have a better record at this time.
I think you have to give it back that they are notorious for melting down no?
If everything had gone right, barring injuries to both teams, no BS calls etc., we'd probably be very competitive with the Hags at this point.
I believe, also, that we've split the series the last couple of years, no?
This season is still young. Injuries could put a serious hurting on your team. We've got a couple of starters coming back from injury.
I said we'll go 8-8 and I stand by that. I'll wager, no problem.
I still don't get why you would consider someone being empathetic to another team so insultingly hilarious? Especially when that really wasn't what the thread was started about in the first place.
Your welcome here, in my book, to talk football, but not to have a free laugh on a non football issue. That, amigo, is bad manners. And, you seem well bred enough and well spoken enough , to know that.
I actually thought we could win the division, until certain unforseen events occured. However, I don't believe anyone (on this board) didn't know the Hags were the team to beat.
I know this is redundant but, see you in Nov.
It's all good, Dvl. I was unsuccessfully trying to be tongue in cheek in the first place but clearly my written words didn't come off that way. I too started out half kidding but the flames came and so it got ugly. I can handle it and it seems that you can too. Like I said, when the Cards are looking promising, I say so. I even took Arrington on my fantasy team for cryin' out loud.

But some of the posts in this thread are pretty comical. Melt downs? Of course we've had them. They're well documented. But what I don't get is how so many people that bought into the hype that the Cardinals could actually be better this year are so determined to convince me that the past is extremely relevant when predicting the future. Hypocritical, no?

Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I really thought you guys were going to compete. Honestly, I still don't know what went wrong. But it sounds to me like you guys are praying that we'll melt down. Did it occur to anyone that we're down our top two receivers and we're still competitive? So far so good. I think we've got the talent to walk away with the NFC West and seriously compete for the NFC Championship. We beat Atlanta, the Eagles don't look as stable as they once did, and there's no one else that really looks dominant in the conference. Maybe we make it and shut everybody up. Maybe we don't and start all over again. I'm just glad to see them with a real chance to compete right now, especially after everyone said our team would be blown up in the offseason.

I'm just enjoying the games. They're fun to watch when you're beatin' the snot out of someone, even if it's just the Texans.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
Whatever. Go talk about your Seahags, dwindling secondary.

:wave:
Assuming you're trying to be the "bigger man" and make some low class reference to the Ken Hamlin incident. Real smooth. Glad his massive head injury could be part of your pun. Do you clap when opposing players get injured at Sun Devil Stadium too?

Speaking of dwindling secondaries, how's Antrel these days?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carr is going to be a decent QB when the Texans either get a better offensive line or he goes to another team (even our line is better than the Texans').

Capers is too good to let the line go another year in this condition--he'll address it in the offseason. It might even start with Fergeson (which is good news for Cards' fans holding out hope for Lienhart).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I've always found interesting about the Seahawks is their first year in football they were in the NFC with Tampa Bay in the AFC(both in the West). The next year they flip flopped, TB went to the NFC and Seattle to AFC, they stayed that way for years until 2002 realignment and they went back into the NFC West.

My understanding was they moved Seattle because they felt their was less of a tradition of rivalry with them and the AFC west teams, essentially the identical reason given for moving the Cards from the NFC East to the West, less rivalry.

I grew up a huge Kenny Easley fan which is why I said yesterday I always sort of liked Seattle. And of course even Easley had a Cardinal connection, his career ended because Seattle traded him to the Cards and he failed a team physical which detected kidney problems that Seattle had missed. Easley was told continuing to play put his life at risk, so he retired. Easley had made the Pro Bowl the prior year and had only played 7 years(5 pro bowls) at that point so he was still very much in the prime of his career, was only 28, and I can recall being so thrilled that the Cards were getting one of my favorite players at the peak of his career only to be crushed when he had to retire.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Assuming you're trying to be the "bigger man" and make some low class reference to the Ken Hamlin incident. Real smooth. Glad his massive head injury could be part of your pun. Do you clap when opposing players get injured at Sun Devil Stadium too?

Speaking of dwindling secondaries, how's Antrel these days?

Hamlin is a punk and from all the reports it sounds like he got what was coming to him...a good ass whooping. He ain't dead, we don't have to mourn him.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
The thing I've always found interesting about the Seahawks is their first year in football they were in the NFC with Tampa Bay in the AFC(both in the West). The next year they flip flopped, TB went to the NFC and Seattle to AFC, they stayed that way for years until 2002 realignment and they went back into the NFC West.

My understanding was they moved Seattle because they felt their was less of a tradition of rivalry with them and the AFC west teams, essentially the identical reason given for moving the Cards from the NFC East to the West, less rivalry.

I grew up a huge Kenny Easley fan which is why I said yesterday I always sort of liked Seattle. And of course even Easley had a Cardinal connection, his career ended because Seattle traded him to the Cards and he failed a team physical which detected kidney problems that Seattle had missed. Easley was told continuing to play put his life at risk, so he retired. Easley had made the Pro Bowl the prior year and had only played 7 years(5 pro bowls) at that point so he was still very much in the prime of his career, was only 28, and I can recall being so thrilled that the Cards were getting one of my favorite players at the peak of his career only to be crushed when he had to retire.
Yeah, Easley was a stud. It was a pretty bitter break between he and the Seahawks even up until a few years ago. The two sides finally made peace and he was inducted into the ring of honor where he belongs. Even before then though, there was a lot of respect around the team for him. Marcus Trufant wore 45 in college but out of respect for Easley's legacy, opted against wearing it despite it's availability.

As I recall, the kidney problems were brought on by medication that he had been taking so that he could play through chronic pain. Pretty unfair what happened with his career.

Last edited:

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Hamlin is a punk and from all the reports it sounds like he got what was coming to him...a good ass whooping. He ain't dead, we don't have to mourn him.
And his life is not "out of the woods" yet either. But doesn't sound too much like you care about those kinds of things. Your mother should be proud.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Yeah, Easley was a stud. It was a pretty bitter break between he and the Seahawks even up until a few years ago. The two sides finally made peace and he was inducted into the ring of honor where he belongs. Even before then though, there was a lot of respect around the team for him. Marcus Trufant wore 45 in college but out of respect for Easley's legacy, opted against wearing it despite it's availability.

As I recall, the kidney problems were brought on by medication that he had been taking so that he could play through chronic pain. Pretty unfair what happened with his career.

Easley IMHO was better than Lott his contemporary, but his career was cut short. Easley at UCLA used to regularly play hoops with the basketball players and some guy named John Wooden once said the best onball defender he'd ever seen at UCLA, was Kenny Easley, said he covered end to end side to side like you couldn't believe, should videotape him to teach youngsters how to move their feet on defense.

You're right the kidney was taking some pain medication, like Lott he hit so hard he was constantly knocking himself silly.

I didn't know he left on such bad terms with Seattle, wonder if he was mad they'd missed his medical condition?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard