Texans...

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Considering the goal is to win the big one, I'm glad you are satisfied with "mediocre".....some of us would take 50 years of crap for one year of greatness(which seems to be the case if the year of greatness ever gets here) over many years of mediocraty.
Well if you heard me say that I was "satisfied" with mediocre then you've got voices in your head. I just said given the option of completely sucking or being mediocre, I'd go with the obvious choice. The good news for us is that each year we have the possibility of taking mediocre and turning it into something good. The Cardinals hope to take awful on to the field and not completely embarrass themselves.

By the way, it's a lot shorter jump from mediocre to great than it is from awful to great. You might want to adjust your starting point. Don't look now but we're not the ones underachieving this year.

Are we done yet?

Last edited:

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Well if you heard me say that I was "satisfied" with mediocre then you've got voices in your head. I just said given the option of completely sucking or being mediocre, I'd go with the obvious choice. The good news for us is that each year we have the possibility of taking mediocre and turning it into something good. The Cardinals hope to take awful on to the field and not completely embarrass themselves.

By the way, it's a lot shorter jump from mediocre to great than it is from awful to great. You might want to adjust your starting point. Don't look now but we're not the ones underachieving this year.

Are we done yet?

The only difference between our teams is that each year our team shatters our hopes a lot earlier than yours. The end result is always the same come the end of January....we're both watching the SB from our homes.

The NFL is an all or nothing sport.....it's one winner then everyone else.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Actually, you're taking Hasselbeck joking with his ex-teammates as an intentional showing of arrogance despite the fact that everyone knows that he's very humble and self deprecating. You're grabbed at straws because it was the only thing you could fire back with despite the fact that it's two year old news. It's about as relevant as the 38-0 drubbing that Hasselbeck put on the Cardinals that year which is to say it's not relevant at all... yet you brought it up.

By the way, no shot at Plummer at all. Why would I dig at him? He has gone on to prove that he wasn't the problem.

He wasn't joking with his ex teammates he was talking on a live microphone he knew perfectly well was being heard by everyone. And while I'm sure he'd deny it now he did it for a reason, if he'd have won the game, everyone would have raved about his confidence in saying that. Because he instead threw a game losing pick I'm supposed to believe he was joking? And I'm reaching?

I didn't say you were talking about Jake, I said I was.

He's gone on to prove that if he stops throwing picks, his team has a chance to win, which is what I said all along.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
The only difference between our teams is that each year our team shatters our hopes a lot earlier than yours. The end result is always the same come the end of January....we're both watching the SB from our homes.

In that case, we've got a lot of company. But I'm sure you'd agree that it's nice to be in the hunt every now and then. That's all I'm sayin'.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
He wasn't joking with his ex teammates he was talking on a live microphone he knew perfectly well was being heard by everyone. And while I'm sure he'd deny it now he did it for a reason, if he'd have won the game, everyone would have raved about his confidence in saying that. Because he instead threw a game losing pick I'm supposed to believe he was joking? And I'm reaching?

I didn't say you were talking about Jake, I said I was.

He's gone on to prove that if he stops throwing picks, his team has a chance to win, which is what I said all along.
Matt Hasselbeck - the new T.O. :biglaugh:

Grabbin' at straws Russ. Here's to hoping the Cardinals have the opportunity to have their QB embarrass himself in a playoff game this decade. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
In that case, we've got a lot of company. But I'm sure you'd agree that it's nice to be in the hunt every now and then. That's all I'm sayin'.

The Hags haven't won a playoff game since the early 80's....even the Cards have been more "in the hunt" than that!

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
The Hags haven't won a playoff game since the early 80's....even the Cards have been more "in the hunt" than that!
Dignity people, dignity!! You've been to one playoff game since 1947. But I guess the fact that you won that game puts you "in the hunt".

Seriously, you're insulting your own intelligence with comments like this. I'm embarrassed for you.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Dignity people, dignity!! You've been to one playoff game since 1947. In the hunt?

"Yeah, but we won that one playoff game!!" :stupid:

You do realize if you win a playoff game you get to play another.....wait, you probably weren't even born when the Hags last won one...so you wouldn't know that.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
You do realize if you win a playoff game you get to play another.....wait, you probably weren't even born when the Hags last won one...so you wouldn't know that.
Hey, good catch. And they've still played in less playoff games than the Seahawks. But you're in the hunt, man!! You're in the hunt!! :biglaugh:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Card Trader said:

I dont buy this one minute. I am assumming you are saying that unless you win the superbowl your season is not a "winning" oner. I dont buy it. I would gladly take the Cardinals winning the NFC West the next 10 years and NOT winning the Superbowl then the crap they have mascaraded as a football team since being in AZ.

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
The way people reacted to my initial point, you'd think I was the one that said that. :shrug:

Your 'inital point' was inflammatory. You expect people to react any other way? This IS a Cardinals fan board, lest I remind you.

SeaChicken (which, is a fitting name) said this:

This thread is hilarious. You guys are pitying the Texan fans? You've won one more game than them. And that was against the second worst team in the league. :biglaugh:

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
What we have here folks, is the Seahags trophy case straight from Seattle....

You must be registered for see images

tee hee hee

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
SeattleCard said:
Your 'inital point' was inflammatory. You expect people to react any other way? This IS a Cardinals fan board, lest I remind you.

SeaChicken (which, is a fitting name) said this:
You may have found it inflammatory but it was factual. I found it funny. If I said something inaccurate, let me know. Otherwise, try not to be so insensitive. If I can come on here and talk about the improvements the Cardinals made to their roster in the offseason (which I did), one would think I would be able to say when I saw something negative as well. But I guess that's not how this board works.

How about we all hold hands and sing a Barney song and tell each other more stories about how the Cards will win the NFC West this year?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
How about we all hold hands and sing a Barney song and tell each other more stories about how the Cards will win the NFC West this year?

Stranger things have happend...

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Who said you looked as bad as the Texans on a constant basis? Nobody. I just said it's funny for fans of a team that has won one game against a dubious team to be feeling sorry for the Texans. It may not sound nice but most people would agree that it's kind of funny. When you guys are kickin' ass, I'll be the first to say that too. Kind of what separates me from the trolls.

Your comment is troll like. The only reason you wrote it was to get some form of a reaction just like a troll. And your comments that followed reeked of being a troll. If walks like a duck, sounds like a duck then it's a damn duck.

We don't need your commentaries on our fan base, thanks.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Matt Hasselbeck - the new T.O. :biglaugh:

Grabbin' at straws Russ. Here's to hoping the Cardinals have the opportunity to have their QB embarrass himself in a playoff game this decade. :thumbup:

Talk about strawmen, didn't even remotely compare Hasselbeck to TO. That's kind of an insult to TO since he typically backs up his bragging with performance. Remember the catch to beat the packers from Steve Young, or his performance in the Super Bowl last year.

But if you want to make a list of most embarassing moments in playoff games in recent history I'm guessing most would put Hasselbeck's attempt to "call his shot" right up there with famous missed FG's and various other plays.

Never once did I try to say the Cards recent history is more impressive than Seattle's, I just pointed out recent playoff history for Seattle includes one of the more glaring gaffes in playoff history.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are two sets of fans who can ALMOST understand how tough it is to be a Cardinals fan ---- Seahawks and Lions fans. They've done nothing but break hearts since the merger.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
This thread is hilarious. You guys are pitying the Texan fans? You've won one more game than them. And that was against the second worst team in the league.

:biglaugh:

Have fun losing in the playoffs. :wave:

Have you guys won any games verse any good teams yet?

I mean we all know what a powerhouse the Redskins are :rolleyes:

Keep laughing.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Too bad this broke down into a fight with a Seahags fan.

Since I hate the Seahawks more than any other team I guess it makes it worse. My comments about a real bad team doing well in a bad division are above. I mean the Seahawks are a bigger joke, than the Carolina Panthers.

:thumbup:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
On to the actual topic of this thread.

How many of you have seen each Texan game this year? Please raise your hand.... :wave:

Why do they suck?

Thier offensive line is pitiful. If you are blaming David Carr then you have no idea what you are talking about. The guy is sacked almost SEVEN TIMES A GAME. So that means seven times a game he gets caught. He is probably either running for his life, or getting hit as he throws up to 20 to 30 times a game. It is impossible to play QB under those conditions. And it is being done by 4 or 5 man rushes. If we had David Carr here we would be AT LEAST 4-2 probably 5-1. He has the mobility of McCown and accuracy of Warner.

On top of that Dominic Davis has no chance since there are 8 to 9 people in the box at all times.

Furthermore the defense is complete joke. They cannot stop the run or the pass. There secondary is made up of an old Marcus Coleman, and Dunta Robinson. The rest is the equivalent of a fart in the wind.

NOT TO MENTION! Gary Walker, Andre Johnson, Jason Babin and Kalee Wong are hurt.

The coaching is a complete mess. They should all be fired. Clean house, and start over.

Tony Boselli not playing a down killed this franchise.

:thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard