Texans...

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
noone invited you and your smart ass remarks to the party. Other than a couple of games, actually half of one and the complete other, we've been in every game. AND YES, injuries have taken a real toll on the Cards. So blow it out your ass. Your hags will have their usual melt down real soon.
And there's somewthing to be said about having some EMPATHY, not pity, do you know the difference, it's in book called a dictionary, for another team that's going what you've been through.
By the way, the thread has evolved into how inept their GM has been, after what looked like a team that could rise quickly. Entiende amigo?
See ya 11/6. There will be a vocab test!
That dictionary you speak of... Is it anywhere near the book where they explain how to use punctuation and capitalization? Relax.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
I want to pick Matt Leinart as bad as anyone else might. Nothing is a sure thing in the draft. As Russ pointed out, Leinart has, at the very least, an injured shoulder that will take some time and rest to heal. He's also had a couple of concussions. Look at how far Derrick Johnson fell. When the college football season ended last year he was a top three pick on many boards.

One could argue that Ferguson would be a better pick for almost any team in the NFL. In my mind there are only three classic franchise Left Tackles in the NFL - Pace, Ogden and Jones. Pace and Ogden are getting up in years (for an OL) so Ferguson would be a good pick for the Rams and Ravens as well.

If Houston picks first, they won't pick Leinart.

I think that we may have to just agree on disagreeing on this one. Without injury, I do not see how any team passes on Leinart this year. It reminds me of the year that Michael Vick was drafted. San Diego was not sold on him, traded the pick and both teams made out pretty well. (drafted LT)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
That dictionary you speak of... Is it anywhere near the book where they explain how to use punctuation and capitalization? Relax.

Nice.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Redsz said:
If you think we have looked as bad as the Texans on a constant basis then you have just proved how freakin' clueless you are. Take a hike, troll.
Who said you looked as bad as the Texans on a constant basis? Nobody. I just said it's funny for fans of a team that has won one game against a dubious team to be feeling sorry for the Texans. It may not sound nice but most people would agree that it's kind of funny. When you guys are kickin' ass, I'll be the first to say that too. Kind of what separates me from the trolls.

I didn't realize I was in the "only say what you're thinking if other people will like it" zone.

You guys pity the Texans fans. The Texans won 7 games last year. It's been a few years since the Cards did that.
Oh I see. It's only okay if another Cardinal fan says it. Got it.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:

Dvl's one of the most hardcore fans we have, and he's a respected member of this forum. It would be in your best interest not to be offending everyone on here for no reason.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
vince56 said:
Dvl's one of the most hardcore fans we have, and he's a respected member of this forum. It would be in your best interest not to be offending everyone on here for no reason.
Personal attacks breed personal attacks. You bow down to him all you like. I stand behind my opinion and my graciously subtle rebuttal to his personal attack. Cheers.

Last edited:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Actually

Punctuation and capitalization are in the Grammar 201 book. We'll go to that next time.
Thank you Vince, for taking my back. It's OK. The "Chicken" knows what I mean about the melt down, that's enough.
BTW S.C. nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody, on this board bows down to me. They are usually respectful (most of the time), however, I have been in many a heated discussion with many a Cardinals fan on this board.
And, personally, I wouldn't let anyone cowtow to me.
With you, my only point was, I actually empathize with the Texans. I don't pity them at all.
What seemed even more ironic, to me, was the fact that a fan of a team that implodes, for no reason, year after year, would come here and dis? (kinda) any of our fans for being able to relate to the Texans and their fans.
MOF the guy that runs your Seahawk Tailgate site and I have met and got on very well. He was very respectful.
Anyway, I don't think it's the punctuation as much as it's the fragmented sentences. I usually leave the corrections to BIM. LOL.
So, see ya in Nov. OK? Spelling is the class after grammar!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
freebyrd said:
well i live in fresno where carr played his college ball so i saw a lot of him,
i think he'll be a good quarterback for someone, but he needs to get out of houston,
hopefully it won't be on a stretcher
i say :bhiich: :D
freebyrd

Carr is a good QB and will be good for someone else IMO... The wierd thing is when I lived in Fresno, I never thought in a million years that Volek would turn out as good as he is...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
Carr is a good QB and will be good for someone else IMO... The wierd thing is when I lived in Fresno, I never thought in a million years that Volek would turn out as good as he is...

He's just another Tedford robot! :D

Apparently that system is broke because it sure isn't making Joe Ayoob look good this year :mad:

Volek surprised everyone, even Tedford has said he wasn't sure Volek had the arm to be effective in the NFL.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
Punctuation and capitalization are in the Grammar 201 book. We'll go to that next time.
Thank you Vince, for taking my back. It's OK. The "Chicken" knows what I mean about the melt down, that's enough.
BTW S.C. nobody, and I mean absolutely nobody, on this board bows down to me. They are usually respectful (most of the time), however, I have been in many a heated discussion with many a Cardinals fan on this board.
And, personally, I wouldn't let anyone cowtow to me.
With you, my only point was, I actually empathize with the Texans. I don't pity them at all.
What seemed even more ironic, to me, was the fact that a fan of a team that implodes, for no reason, year after year, would come here and dis? (kinda) any of our fans for being able to relate to the Texans and their fans.
MOF the guy that runs your Seahawk Tailgate site and I have met and got on very well. He was very respectful.
Anyway, I don't think it's the punctuation as much as it's the fragmented sentences. I usually leave the corrections to BIM. LOL.
So, see ya in Nov. OK? Spelling is the class after grammar!
Good thing I'm not as sensitive as you or you might actually be successful with your attempted digs with the implosion remarks. If it was coming from a fan of a team that has broken .500 more than once since Reagan was in office, that might actually sting a little bit.

I found irony in the thread and that hurt your feelings. That's unfortunate but I'm sure you'll live. Let's move on, shall we?

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
If it was coming from a fan of a team that has broken .500 more than once since Reagan was in office, that might actually sting a little bit.

You got a great point there, let's all be a fan of a team that hasn't won a Playoff Game since Reagan's first term. :rolleyes:

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
You got a great point there, let's all be a fan of a team that hasn't won a Playoff Game since Reagan's first term. :rolleyes:
Oh good lord. Are we now supposed to believe that you wouldn't trade that one playoff win for some winning seasons? Don't you want the Cardinals to be looked at as competitive? Where's your dignity? Don't throw that weak argument out there. You're insulting your own intelligence. Wouldn't you rather have been in the fight and lost than to be looked at as a perennial also-ran? The way you put it, it sounds like you'd rather the Cardinals were home watching T.V. and laughing at the playoff washouts rather than being in there risking anything themselves. Where's the courage in that?

Besides, your argument is predicated on the hopes that no one knows the other side to that coin - that the Seahawks would have to have SEVERAL more seasons without a playoff win to match the all time record of 52 years that is held by... the Cardinals. But nice try.

Can we cut this out and move on? Something tells me the answer is gonna be "No."

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously the Cards have little to brag about.

But i sure don't recall our QB ever saying "we're going to receive, and we're going to win" and then throwing a game losing INT to knock his team out of the playoffs! :D

And believe me we've had some QB's who made those type of throws, they were just never dumb enough to say what Hasselbeck did before doing it.

I actually like Seattle, I just found that whole thing with Hasselbeck last year pretty hilarious.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Obviously the Cards have little to brag about.

But i sure don't recall our QB ever saying "we're going to receive, and we're going to win" and then throwing a game losing INT to knock his team out of the playoffs! :D

And believe me we've had some QB's who made those type of throws, they were just never dumb enough to say what Hasselbeck did before doing it.

I actually like Seattle, I just found that whole thing with Hasselbeck last year pretty hilarious.
What you mean to say, Russ, is that you've never had a QB with that much courage or confidence in himself. I'd rather have a QB go out and say "I'm going to succeed" and die going in that direction then to have somebody go in there and say "I hope I don't screw this up." Where were the Cardinals when the Seahawks made that valiant effort in freezing Lambeau when the world said they had no shot to even compete in that game? Oh that's right. Nate Poole was in the stands selling out/sucking up to the Green Bay fans because that was the only way he was ever gonna get to a playoff game.

So where are we two years later? The guy you're ragging on is the solidified leader of the number one offense in the country (thanks in no small part to the Cardinals defense) while McCown is still trying to prove that he deserves a spot on the roster. Looks like Matt got the last laugh after all.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
So where are we two years later? The guy you're ragging on is the solidified leader of the number one offense in the country (thanks in no small part to the Cardinals defense) while McCown is still trying to prove that he deserves a spot on the roster. Looks like Matt got the last laugh after all.

Ehem... The Cards are #4 in total offense and that is without even a semblence of a running game. Where is your offense w/o Alexander?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2005/regular?sort_col_1=4

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What we have here folks, is the Seahags trophy case straight from Seattle....

You must be registered for see images

I can definitely see why you would come on here with your smug attitude and act like you somehow are better than us because your team is constantly overrated and can consistently be mediocre finishing with 8 or 9 wins each year. I'm glad that helps you sleep at night.....and if you need some more room to pat yourself on the back, I'm sure you can sneak into the Seattle Seahawks trophy room...there's plenty of space in there.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
What we have here folks, is the Seahags trophy case straight from Seattle....

You must be registered for see images

I can definitely see why you would come on here with your smug attitude and act like you somehow are better than us because your team is constantly overrated and can consistently be mediocre finishing with 8 or 9 wins each year. I'm glad that helps you sleep at night.....and if you need some more room to pat yourself on the back, I'm sure you can sneak into the Seattle Seahawks trophy room...there's plenty of space in there.
Somebody call a cop!! Our lone NFC West champion trophy is missing!! Oh that's right. The Rams stole it. :biglaugh:

Consistently mediocre vs. consistently bad. Hmmm... Yep. I'll take option A. I'm willing to cut it out anytime guys. I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. Just saw the irony in the thread and noted it. But we can go on ad nauseum if you'd like. None of us is going to be any smarter for it.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Uh... I don't know. The same place the Colts offense is without Peyton Manning? Maybe the same place the Ravens defense is without Ray Lewis?

Our offense isn't without Alexander so what's the point? :shrug:

That is my point, the Cardinals have ZERO running game, which is the reason we are 1-4.

Edit: Other point being that Warner/McCown have done a good job moving the offense...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
What you mean to say, Russ, is that you've never had a QB with that much courage or confidence in himself. I'd rather have a QB go out and say "I'm going to succeed" and die going in that direction then to have somebody go in there and say "I hope I don't screw this up." Where were the Cardinals when the Seahawks made that valiant effort in freezing Lambeau when the world said they had no shot to even compete in that game? Oh that's right. Nate Poole was in the stands selling out/sucking up to the Green Bay fans because that was the only way he was ever gonna get to a playoff game.

Actually that was a veiled reference at Jake Plummer, and jake certainly never lacked confidence. With all due respect Hasselbeck brought that on himself by doing that knowing full well he was on a mike and everyone was going to hear him.

I admire his confidence but his execution wasn't very good.

Not sure where McCown and Poole came into all this they had nothing to do with Hasselbeck losing a playoff game?

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SeaChicken said:
Consistently mediocre vs. consistently bad. Hmmm... Yep. I'll take option A.

Considering the goal is to win the big one, I'm glad you are satisfied with "mediocre".....some of us would take 50 years of crap for one year of greatness(which seems to be the case if the year of greatness ever gets here) over many years of mediocraty.

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Actually that was a veiled reference at Jake Plummer, and jake certainly never lacked confidence. With all due respect Hasselbeck brought that on himself by doing that knowing full well he was on a mike and everyone was going to hear him.

I admire his confidence but his execution wasn't very good.

Not sure where McCown and Poole came into all this they had nothing to do with Hasselbeck losing a playoff game?
Actually, you're taking Hasselbeck joking with his ex-teammates as an intentional showing of arrogance despite the fact that everyone knows that he's very humble and self deprecating. You grabbed at straws because it was the only thing you could fire back with despite the fact that it's two year old news. It's about as relevant as the 38-0 drubbing that Hasselbeck put on the Cardinals that year which is to say it's not relevant at all... yet you brought it up.

By the way, no shot at Plummer at all. Why would I dig at him? He has gone on to prove that he wasn't the problem.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard