Terrible loss

MA Display

Reaction score
  • We have 2nd/3rd string safeties on the field over Isaiah Simmons... that is unacceptable.
  • Byron Murphy is holding on every play.
  • We are playing soft zone coverage on the Lions' final drive (trademark Vance Joseph judgement when in the clutch).
  • We run a BLATANT CB blitz with our supposed "shut down" corner to give them an easy field goal spot.
  • We take Kyler Murray off the field on 4th & 1. We then call a timeout. We then commit a false start.
  • We run cute gadget plays, despite the fact Hopkins is getting 10 yard receptions at will.
Steve Keim has to be about sick watching Simmons ride the bench and seeing soft zones to end a game.

Kyler Murray has to be livid at Kingsbury for calling needless gadget plays and interrupting rhythm (and having the balls to sideline him on 4th & 1).

Hopkins & Fitzgerald have to be wondering why the hell Keesean Johnson is getting targets when the game is on the line.

Awful game.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is one of those losses that may very well haunt them at the end of the season.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Or be a blessing in disguise. :)

I hope you are right, but I don't think so. I would much much rather get stomped by a legit playoff team and get a wake-up call rather than choke away a game to a crap team that won't win 5 games.

Everyone agreed that our ceiling this year might be competing for that 3rd WC spot.....but it was always going to be a struggle and would come down to some luck. This is a game that playoff teams don't lose. If we end up missing the playoffs by a game, we are going to look back at this game and be really angry

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope you are right, but I don't think so. I would much much rather get stomped by a legit playoff team and get a wake-up call rather than choke away a game to a crap team that won't win 5 games.

Everyone agreed that our ceiling this year might be competing for that 3rd WC spot.....but it was always going to be a struggle and would come down to some luck. This is a game that playoff teams don't lose. If we end up missing the playoffs by a game, we are going to look back at this game and be really angry

theLions will win more than 5 games...

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's the great thing about it all... Who knows!? That's the thrill of it all... After all..we are Cards fans and in a year like 2020 would you expect anything less than trial and tribulation? We are conditioned for this kinda stuff. ;)

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope this loss puts to bed all the visions of being up there with the big boys. This team at all levels needs a wake up call and come back to reality. No fire today and the Lions just wanted it more.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
theLions will win more than 5 games...

I'll believe it when I see it. I looked at their schedule, and I see 3 games they should win. I think they go 5-11 at best and Patricia is fired

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Team played terrible today. The turnovers need to be cleaned up fast.

This team is capable of having a 11-5 type season. They also could be 6-10 if they don't play better than today.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope this loss puts to bed all the visions of being up there with the big boys. This team at all levels needs a wake up call and come back to reality. No fire today and the Lions just wanted it more.
We can win more than our share of games, but we're not good enough, deep enough or lucky enough to assume this will automatically happen.

We have to play smarter, stop making bonehead mistakes, stay healthier and have 50% of the breaks go our way.

We're not good enough, lucky enough or deep enough to simply "assume" we can be a winning football team.

But I do see enough talent on our roster to compete for a playoff spot if we do what it takes to become better.

Do I think we'll prevail? Dunno. Time will tell.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As the thread says, A Terrible Loss. And most teams have them every year. What I can't accept is that we went to Keesean Johnson so many times. He was targeted seven times with two catches. AI was 4-4. Doesn't make sense. And to make matters worse, this was KJ's first game.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler was really bad

Byron was bad

Chandler was missing the whole game.

We most definitely need Kirk. KeeSean can’t separate from a soul.

Just awful.

On to the next.

Peterson had another great game. Kennard, kirkpatrick and phillips played well also. We needed to run more, drake was playing well. Murry just wasn't seeing the field well today.

Isabella had a breakout game.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler played far better running for his life, in his first career start last year than he did today. Loss is entirely on him not going through his progressions. There were WIDE open receivers on every single interception as well as on third down in the last drive. Not to mention he threw 2 more easy interceptions that the Lions dropped.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
  • We have 2nd/3rd string safeties on the field over Isaiah Simmons... that is unacceptable.
  • Byron Murphy is holding on every play.
  • We are playing soft zone coverage on the Lions' final drive (trademark Vance Joseph judgement when in the clutch).
  • We run a BLATANT CB blitz with our supposed "shut down" corner to give them an easy field goal spot.
  • We take Kyler Murray off the field on 4th & 1. We then call a timeout. We then commit a false start.
  • We run cute gadget plays, despite the fact Hopkins is getting 10 yard receptions at will.
Steve Keim has to be about sick watching Simmons ride the bench and seeing soft zones to end a game.

Kyler Murray has to be livid at Kingsbury for calling needless gadget plays and interrupting rhythm (and having the balls to sideline him on 4th & 1).

Hopkins & Fitzgerald have to be wondering why the hell Keesean Johnson is getting targets when the game is on the line.

Awful game.

Kingsbury has to be livid at Kyler regressing back to his rookie season and forcing passes :)

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He should be at the facilities watching tape right now...Man I hope today lights a fire under him.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The worst part is they don't have the right to over look any team.

We haven't earned that.

We are a below average team that is struggling to put it together.
It happens. it is why it is so hard to go 16-0. The more experienced teams get at winning, the less they should make these mistakes. Pats still lose to the Dolphins every once in a while.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Chopper if you have time to spare, can you make a post later on where this team is at going into game four
I was planning on posting it at the quarter mark. You need 4 games to start really making educated guesses. Early thought is that we are limited on defense based upon our DC and his scheme. Offense is heading in a very nice direction. ST are good. Drafting still meh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard