Ted Lasso

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Nate is really starting to bother me.

I think they are going to set this up so Nate gets his own team and season 3 is a good vs evil showdown

so apparently they’ve already written season 3

I am curious if a show like Ted Lasso would ever go down a super dark road. In watching the end of last episode I wondered if they would go as far as having the new locker room attendant kid commit suicide because of how Nate is treating him. It seems entirely too heavy of a subject, but the writers of Ted Lasso seem like the type that would consider tackling it. Probably a long shot, but the last scene made me think about the possibility.

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am curious if a show like Ted Lasso would ever go down a super dark road. In watching the end of last episode I wondered if they would go as far as having the new locker room attendant kid commit suicide because of how Nate is treating him. It seems entirely too heavy of a subject, but the writers of Ted Lasso seem like the type that would consider tackling it. Probably a long shot, but the last scene made me think about the possibility.

it was the first time watching this show that just left a bad taste in my mouth

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe they'd go there, but it does seem like it's setting up to be a serious thing.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is an interesting subplot. Nate's got a real humdinger of a dad, plus, while reveling in all the positive praise he got, he fell of the cliff with a negative tweet. I think things are going to spiral down fast for Nate and Coach may be the one who really pulls the stopper out. The kid commit suicide? Ehhhhhhh, seems unlikely as there are several other ways to get the ball rolling. But so far, the writers have been mistake free, as far as I'm concerned, so it will be interesting.

My real interest is in what is floating around inside Ted's head. They've been flirting with it for awhile but between the end of last episode and his interactions with the counsellor this episode..... wow.

The last two episodes have been "off the chain," and I'm likin' it. Roy, as always, is a hoot!!!

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another absolutely outstanding show. You just never quite know where they are young to go in the various subplots, but they always seem to do very, very well as they go.

As always, Roy steals the show. If you look up curmudgeon in the dictionary, they should have his picture there.....

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That scene in the locker room with Jamie and then Jamie and Roy was awesome. I'll probably watch it again later today when I'm supposed to be working.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coach Beard After Dark was a very, very, VERY odd episode.

I thought it was kind of fun, but in the end, pointless. According to the actor, everything actually happened to him except for the two sportscasters popping up all the time. I call BS on that The show normally has a feel of real to it, and this was nowhere close to that. If they'd played it as all a drunken dream sequence, which I thought it was right up to the end, it would have worked. But seeing the pants at the end left me cold. I've pretty much loved every episode of TL, but this one was a slow foul ball dribbled up the third base line IMHO)

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
Coach Beard After Dark was a very, very, VERY odd episode.

I thought it was kind of fun, but in the end, pointless. According to the actor, everything actually happened to him except for the two sportscasters popping up all the time. I call BS on that The show normally has a feel of real to it, and this was nowhere close to that. If they'd played it as all a drunken dream sequence, which I thought it was right up to the end, it would have worked. But seeing the pants at the end left me cold. I've pretty much loved every episode of TL, but this one was a slow foul ball dribbled up the third base line IMHO)

I don't know. I actually liked this one.

It also moved the show in the sense that resolved Coach Beard's love life enough to where we can now back away from his side drama and now get on with the big picture, whatever that may be.

I found the boyfriend funny in that that dude is what Roy would be if he had been 'roid-head.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I actually liked this one.

It also moved the show in the sense that resolved Coach Beard's love life enough to where we can now back away from his side drama and now get on with the big picture, whatever that may be.

I found the boyfriend funny in that that dude is what Roy would be if he had been 'roid-head.
Don't disagree with what they were (apparently) trying to get across, it's the route it took. Agree with you on the boyfriend.... OI!!!!!

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were originally supposed to be 10 episodes and then mid-shoot they asked for 2 more. I know the Christmas episode is one of the extras, and I imagine this one was the other.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There were originally supposed to be 10 episodes and then mid-shoot they asked for 2 more. I know the Christmas episode is one of the extras, and I imagine this one was the other.
Yep. And the Christmas episode turned out to be the best of the series so far (IMHO) and this one....well was not one of the best of the series.....

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah this was kind of a head scratcher for me and my wife.

We’re supposed to care about this relationship with this woman who by all accounts treats him like crap over and over.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yeah this was kind of a head scratcher for me and my wife.

We’re supposed to care about this relationship with this woman who by all accounts treats him like crap over and over.
The relationship is besides the point. There is some truth about how Beard doesn’t like himself.

I actually liked the episode a lot. Spent the whole episode with a character that needed some more development. And boy, did they do that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
You haven’t lived until you see Brett Goldstein do Muooet Christmas Carol in 6 minutes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Another great episode. Only thing I'm not digging is
the potential love triangle with Roy, Keeley and Jamie.

These writers continually surprise, so hopefully they will in that as well.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bravo Ted Lasso

That episode last night was about as good as it gets.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Agree

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great, dense episode. Next week is going to be a hell of a season finale.

I have to say, I'm a bit worried.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great, dense episode. Next week is going to be a hell of a season finale.

I have to say, I'm a bit worried.

No kidding!!!

Virtually everything is up for grabs, but it looks like Nate's head has gotten too big for his shoulders.... and Ted is about to remove it for him. Roy & Keely are worrisome, too. Will their joint confessions bind them or destroy them? Yow!!! My fingernails will be chewed off by next week!