Ted Lasso

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone think that at some point Ted and Rebecca are going to connect?

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s something unexpected… I’ve been invested in Ted Lasso for a few weeks now, but last night I watched an episode of The Boys, and it was so horribly mean spirited! I guess I just didn’t notice it as much when I saw it in me pre-Lasso days. I felt horrible after watching it.

We need more Ted Lasso and Free Guy and less The Boys.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Anyone think that at some point Ted and Rebecca are going to connect?

I'm thinking they're not going to. Shipping them seems like too easy of a trope and the show has been good about avoiding the easy one. Like in the last episode...
The Nathan story line could easily have gone to the "he's not getting the good table due to race" that I think lesser writers would have gone to. It was the easy route. Instead they gave him a nice arc about finding his self confidence and it had a nice payoff.
[\spoiler]

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking they're not going to. Shipping them seems like too easy of a trope and the show has been good about avoiding the easy one. Like in the last episode...
The Nathan story line could easily have gone to the "he's not getting the good table due to race" that I think lesser writers would have gone to. It was the easy route. Instead they gave him a nice arc about finding his self confidence and it had a nice payoff.
[\spoiler]

My wife and I nearly fell out of our chairs when Rebecca did her "I'm big" routine.... :D

My guess is that Ted and Rebecca will flirt with the idea, but understand what a mistake it would be and will act accordingly.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rebecca’s tinder is obviously Ted.
Well they are setting it up that way, but it could be a misdirection. There are some online saying that given the way the scenes play out and who's doing what that it could also be Nate.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well they are setting it up that way, but it could be a misdirection. There are some online saying that given the way the scenes play out and who's doing what that it could also be Nate.
There was a scene in the previous episode where Rebecca types on her phone, and the very next shot is Ted in the hallway walking, types on his phone and puts it away.

Sure, could be misdirection, but that was pretty obvious to me. Who would Ted be texting with a sly smile on his face? We haven’t established him with anyone unless it’s Sassy Smurf. But she’s been absent all season.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
There was a scene in the previous episode where Rebecca types on her phone, and the very next shot is Ted in the hallway walking, types on his phone and puts it away.

Sure, could be misdirection, but that was pretty obvious to me. Who would Ted be texting with a sly smile on his face? We haven’t established him with anyone unless it’s Sassy Smurf. But she’s been absent all season.

I do know this show has been very good at subverting tropes and expectations, so a misdirect would be very plausible.

Either way. I trust the show enough now that I know that whatever is happening, will be handled well.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chap, I definitely saw all of that and agree that is what they are no so subtly implying (though I'm not sure if I personally want that to happen). I'm merely suggesting they are continuing to be clever and might ultimately lead us another direction. I will also agree with carrrnuttt that I trust the show with it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great twist on the Rebecca Bantr storyline, and I love it. They were foreshadowing it several times in season 1.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved this episode. Stuff hapening all over the place and all of it very good. Wowzers.... AGAIN!

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I knew they wouldn't go for the easy and obvious trope.

Same here. The writing on this show has been too good to fall into the easy or obvious tropes. They've done a good job though with stuff like this or Nathan's dinner with teasing the obvious trope and then pulling the rug out from under it. It's nice to see good writing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. The writing on this show has been too good to fall into the easy or obvious tropes. They've done a good job though with stuff like this or Nathan's dinner with teasing the obvious trope and then pulling the rug out from under it. It's nice to see good writing.
It’s pretty incredible writing, directing, acting and casting all around. Pulling off a feel-good show is an incredibly tough balancing act. This show does it in spades.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty incredible writing, directing, acting and casting all around. Pulling off a feel-good show is an incredibly tough balancing act. This show does it in spades.

Coming from a television writer, that's a helluva compliment. :thumbup:

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After the last episode me and my wife were talking and both of us were saying you know I don’t think I’ve ever watched an episode of this show and said I don’t like that

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is just plain brilliant

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

This is just plain brilliant
Yup as it was happening I was cracking up and my girl was like “why the hell does he think that’s so funny?”

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nate is really starting to bother me.

I think they are going to set this up so Nate gets his own team and season 3 is a good vs evil showdown

so apparently they’ve already written season 3