Survivor

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jersey Girl Cards Fan
I, too, thought it was weird that Sandra voted for Jon. If she had voted for Darrah and then Lil switched alliances, then Rupert would have been safe.

I think that Sandra person is sneaky. She got Rupert out at the immunity challenge and then voted for Jon. Watch out!

Yeah, she might have acted like it was an accident, but it wasn't...interesting.

Lil is the worst Survivor ever, she has no backbone, she's just too nice to be out there.

Mike

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
Also:

Did anyone else notice that Jeff had read 2 votes for Darrah, 1 for Jon, then 3 for Rupert, and read a 4th. That's 7 votes, 4 for Rupert, the 8th one shouldn't have mattered. But he read it like it did. Anyone know why? It was weird.

Mike

yeah my girlfriend and I think Jeff is really taking this show more personally because he liked Rupert and hates Jon. He again took exception to a comment Jon made "it's all about her" and asked him to repeat it. I really think he wanted to make sure everyone else heard it to stir things up because he knew Rupert was in trouble.

He is the strongest player so voting him off made sense, and he had sort of lost his grip on reality, but they're in big trouble food wise and I really am going to miss watching the guy.

Anybody else find it comical when Rupert said I knew I was the best dart blower out there, as if that's a normal thing we all do back home? And actually Burton was the best he seemed to be able to hit whatever he wanted.

I'm still a bit miffed that 2 players already voted off are back on the show and engineering Ruperts' demise, but that's what keeps Survivor interesting.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeff can't stand the Weasel jon.

If Jon wins the thing, I think Jeff's head will explode.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, she might have acted like it was an accident, but it wasn't...interesting.

Lil is the worst Survivor ever, she has no backbone, she's just too nice to be out there.

Mike

From her facial reactions I'm pretty sure Sandra did it by accident. And you could tell she was stunned that Rupert got voted off she just had no clue he was going.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI: Don't forget about the show being on Wednesday night next week.

Rupert was too trusting of Lill. He should have approached Darrah or T with some kind of deal and tried to get rid of Burton and Jon. He had the power. He could have said "If I'm gone, who's gonna bring you fish?" It may have worked because Burton is an Outcast and Jon is annoying. They might have wanted them gone.

Someone should have united those that haven't been voted off against the Outcasts. If I was on the show and hadn't been voted off, I would want to win it or have another non-Outcast win the whole thing.

Mini-spoiler:

A surprise is coming to which Jeff Probst could only respond with "M*therf*cker!" - - - Should be interesting.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa

Mini-spoiler:

A surprise is coming to which Jeff Probst could only respond with "M*therf*cker!" - - - Should be interesting.

I cannot wait for that...Jeff is the best host for a game/reality show ever. His distain for Jon is hilarious.

Mike

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot wait for that...Jeff is the best host for a game/reality show ever. His distain for Jon is hilarious.

Mike

I read something on the survivor website a few months ago in a chat text where Jeff said there have been several cast members he liked or disliked and while he does his best to keep that to himself, sometimes it comes through on the show. My guess is given the timing he was talking about Jon realizing it would really come through.

Which reminds me I forgot to tape the Early SHow this morning to see what Rupert had to say. Frankly I think he's popular enough now he'll get more than 15 minutes of fame, he'll probably get the talkshow circuit, commercials, guest shots etc. He'll make some money.

If I were on the show I would remind the rest of the cast what happened this year on Big Brother where the 2 people everyone disliked wound up in the final 2. People kept them around for the same reasons as Jon, easier to go against in the finals, it cost them all bigtime.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith

Which reminds me I forgot to tape the Early SHow this morning to see what Rupert had to say. Frankly I think he's popular enough now he'll get more than 15 minutes of fame, he'll probably get the talkshow circuit, commercials, guest shots etc. He'll make some money.

I don't think he was able to be on it, as he's filming Survivor All-Star right now.

Here's the link to the supposed cast members:

http://www.survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=s8_castaways

Mike

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good site thanks for the link Mike.

I'll wait until I see it but Survivor All star has a MTV ring to it that concerns me. One of the great things about the show is that Jeff is the only constant for each Survivor, if they get into that bringing the guys back for allstar shows they may have a problem of people getting sick of the people.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Russ Smith
Good site thanks for the link Mike.

I'll wait until I see it but Survivor All star has a MTV ring to it that concerns me. One of the great things about the show is that Jeff is the only constant for each Survivor, if they get into that bringing the guys back for allstar shows they may have a problem of people getting sick of the people.

I think it will be awesome...all of these guys have been on the show before...will Rich, Rudy and Susan all form an alliance right off?

The interactions and stories from everyone should be cool. Plus, we get to see Rob again from last season.

Mike

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
YES! My favorite Survivor of all time will be there - Jerri Manthy!!!

http://www.survivornews.net/snn.php?sid=s2_jerri

I love this artice about her

http://www.starmagazine.com/stories/news.cfm?instanceid=9587&CFID=11654573&CFTOKEN=30071349
SURVIVOR TEMPTRESS BRANDED SEX CHEAT

Millions have watched sexy Survivor 2 contestant Jerri Mantley emerge as the wicked witch of the west in the Land of Oz -- Australia's outback.

The divorced barmaid turned aspiring actress has used sexual treachery and a killer bod to eliminate male competitors from the tribe and become the breakout character the show's fans love to hate.

How did she go from an Air Force wife who was great in bed to a temptress in a c-cup fighting for a $1 million prize? Her betrayed ex-husband tells all in this week's STAR -- on sale at newsstands this weekend. Don't miss it.

:shock:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting I've actually been in that Huntsville Hooters mentioned in the article. Went there for work and we stopped in to buy tshirts since at the time there were no Hooters in California. Didn't eat there.

When MTV did the allstars thing for both Real World and Road Rules it became really boring, the people had gone from "real" to people who were all sort of falling back on their time on the shows to make a living, it made the interaction on the all star shows far less interesting to me it wasn't real people in real situations it was fake people in contrived situations. I'm told the ratings were good but I just didn't like it.

I'm sure I'll watch All star survivor.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Just curious...

Any chance Survivor pulls another rabbit out of it's hat... and gives others a chance to get back into the game??? (Maybe Rupert isn't really taping Survivor All-Stars???)

Wouldn't you love to see the look on Jon's face if Rupert was let back in??

I could imagine Rupert treating Jon like Michael Jackson in general population. :eek:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jon = piece of crap.

I can't believe that guy. I hope they find out his lie and make him pay for it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't BELIEVE he did that! That is pretty low. He needs to go.

As low as that lie was I strangely dont think it was bad as Sandra letting Chrissy take the rap for dumping the fish. That was low!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What happened tonight? My son changed the channel on the vcr and we did not get the show taped.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
What happened tonight? My son changed the channel on the vcr and we did not get the show taped.

Our VCR didn't tape either - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE??????

IT"S A CONSPIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

Christa got voted off. No big surprise there. Lil, John and Dara won the reward challenge and got to stay overnight on a yacht. Had tons of food, massages and everything.

Dara won reward.

IT wasn't anything too super this week. Next week looks interesting. The women supposedly are trying to take the men out. I dunno. We'll see.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!

Christa got voted off. No big surprise there. Lil, John and Dara won the reward challenge and got to stay overnight on a yacht. Had tons of food, massages and everything.

Dara won reward.

IT wasn't anything too super this week. Next week looks interesting. The women supposedly are trying to take the men out. I dunno. We'll see.

I hope they're smart enough to do it this time. I still can't believe Sandra and Christa were dumb enough to vote T off last week to save Burton. Then they turn right around and Christa is talking about voting Sandra off saying she has figured out the game, and gets totally blindsided when SHE gets voted off.

The best part is Jon and Burton did it so they don't even take the blame. Dara told Sandra and CHrista that Lil was going, so they both vote Lil, and the other 4 vote Christa off. Now Sandra is left as the "bad" one who voted for Lil, and Dara is the bad one who lied to Sandra.

If they'd just stuck to the plan and voted Burton off instead of T the women would have control.

The only way I can see Jon winning this is if the truth about his grandmother doesn't come out until after the final vote, but if they keep him around to the end they're playing with fire.

I gotta say in all seriousness Lil is one of the stranger people they've had on the show she's like a 5-6 year old girl with the you hurt my feelings stuff.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Lil is a little child sometimes...maybe she hangs around the boy scouts too much :)

I think Dara is starting to kick some butt, she's pretty good at physical challenges, and even won that spelling one.

With Burton gone, Dara will make it to the final two.

Mike

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrah will make it to the final two, IMHO - she'll win the final immunity and take Lil - and who's going to vote for Lil?

Definately a strange crew though. I hope they kick Jon's butt at the reunion after watching his Lies.....