Supernatural (CW)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Another absolutely spectacular episode airing tonight, for those that are watching...

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Have it recorded and watching it tonight.

This season has been pretty good. Best show on tv for me.

Both these characters own every scene and there is a perfect mix of horror, comedy, and drama.

I really liked the last episode with their parents and the whole Angel/Demon promises made.

For last night's episode, I know the preview showed Sam with a bloody mouth which tells me they revisit his taste for demon blood. That'll be interesting since that topic is so devisive with the brothers.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This last episode was so-so. It's OK, though the rest of the season has been awesome.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
I thought the show had an interesting couple of developments.

The first being that Dean continues to be the real emotion and heart of the series. His brash cockiness wasn't the reason he was not infected with famine. I thought that was heart wrenching when Famine told him why and even more so in the final moments of the episode.

But I also think that they have to explore the idea that the only way they can compete on an even playing field is to have Sam juiced up on demon blood.

The comment from the cherub about the hit on Sam and Dean's parents continues to echo the whole fate/free will tone of the show. Both heaven and hell have done and are doing everything they can to ensure that this battle happens and that the brothers have to fight to the death.

And Castiel continues to be and have pretty funny scenes.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Castiel character is awesome. Easily my favorite edition aside from Papa Winchester. I wish they would bring him back for at least one more episode before the show is over.

I read an interview with Jeffrey Dean Morgan about coming back to the show. He said he would love to and felt there was some unresolved story lines. He also indicated that he has let the producers know but there doesn't seem to be any mutual interest so he doesn't know if he will ever come back.

I guess if we have Castiel to fall back on that is the next best thing.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Supernatural returned last night with a pretty good episode that moved the storyline forward. Good take on the zombie stuff.

My only complaint is with the undertones that Sioux Falls is a podunk town. It has 200K people and is the largest city in SoDak. They have a Senor Weiner and a Macy's for crying out loud!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only complaint is with the undertones that Sioux Falls is a podunk town. It has 200K people and is the largest city in SoDak. They have a Senor Weiner and a Macy's for crying out loud!

Yes, in SoDak. However, compared to other cities it's podunk. That population # includes what they consider the metropolitan area (including 4 counties). That area still has alot of Rural areas spread out all over the place. To put it into perspective Tempe, AZ has nearly the same population. The Population density of Tempe is nearly 4000 people per square mile compared to Sioux Falls which is around 2000 per square mile. Sioux is 16 more square miles in size then Tempe with half the density. Now factor in that Sioux Falls has the feel of an Old town and is relatively far from other major cities.

That is podunk to me.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
I believe Thursday is the season finale.

That preview has me stoked. Great, great preview for what is to come. That song definitely sets the mood.

Really enjoying how the season is playing out. Though I do think they kind of took a shortcut with the third ring.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I believe Thursday is the season finale.

That preview has me stoked. Great, great preview for what is to come. That song definitely sets the mood.

Really enjoying how the season is playing out. Though I do think they kind of took a shortcut with the third ring.

No. Next Thursday is the season finale. And I work with the girl who sings the song.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree on it seeming like they took a short cut on the 3rd ring. However, I'm assuming it had to be done quickly to set up the finale cliff hanger for next season.

Ahh, the good old days when the Winchester boys were hunting down Wendigos. (Which, I really enjoyed the weekly scare fest). next week should be a good one!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I hope people got a chance to see tonight's finale. Spectacular episode, and would have been a great series ender.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope people got a chance to see tonight's finale. Spectacular episode, and would have been a great series ender.

Agreed. Great finale and in a sense, it IS "a" series finale as Kripke will not be heading it up as before. Glad that it's going to be back though and looking forward to finding out Sam's story.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Agreed. Great finale and in a sense, it IS "a" series finale as Kripke will not be heading it up as before. Glad that it's going to be back though and looking forward to finding out Sam's story.

Just so you know, even though Kripke isn't the showrunner anymore, he'll still be a producer on the show, and Sera Gamble, the new showrunner, has been involved with the show since the beginning.

She's also responsible for the more gory/horror episodes over the span of the series.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awesome episode. However, to be honest, I wish they had not shown Sam at the end. I would have preferred thinking Dean was moving on and that was that.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Awesome episode. However, to be honest, I wish they had not shown Sam at the end. I would have preferred thinking Dean was moving on and that was that.

That to me was their cliffhanger. I can imagine that IF this episode was the series finale, that shot of Sam wouldn't have been in the cut. I did like the shot, however. No emotion on his face and dead silence on the soundtrack. I loved that.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That to me was their cliffhanger. I can imagine that IF this episode was the series finale, that shot of Sam wouldn't have been in the cut. I did like the shot, however. No emotion on his face and dead silence on the soundtrack. I loved that.

I would have done it different. Maybe just a shot from behind of a figure watching Dean. Leaving the audience wondering who it was......that would have been much more dramatic of a cliff hanger IMO. Showing Sam just kind of took something out of it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I would have done it different. Maybe just a shot from behind of a figure watching Dean. Leaving the audience wondering who it was......that would have been much more dramatic of a cliff hanger IMO. Showing Sam just kind of took something out of it.

LOL, you could totally tell it was Sam from the back. You couldn't tell??

And I think there's still a lot of mystery there. Why is he there? How did he get there? Why doesn't he reveal himself? And is that really Sam?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, you could totally tell it was Sam from the back. You couldn't tell??

And I think there's still a lot of mystery there. Why is he there? How did he get there? Why doesn't he reveal himself? And is that really Sam?

I was picturing something less revealing. Say a shot of a persons body showing only the legs and jacket. That would have let people to many more questions. Who was it? Why were they watching Dean? Was is Sam? Was it a demon? Was it the devil? Plus all the questions you listed above.

Just thought that last few seconds was a let down. Oh well.....at least the show is coming back. I am going to be pissed though if they don't bring Jeffrey Dean Morgan back. He has said repeatedly in interviews he wants to come back.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I am going to be pissed though if they don't bring Jeffrey Dean Morgan back. He has said repeatedly in interviews he wants to come back.

Where did you hear that? He's getting a pretty full plate nowadays, I can't imagine he said that recently.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear that? He's getting a pretty full plate nowadays, I can't imagine he said that recently.

I just read it on some site a couple months back. He even acknowledged that he was busy but would like to do it. I am paraphrasing but he said that he feels like there are some unresolved story there he would love to visit at some point. He also indicated that he let "them" know he was interested. Whatever that meant.

I will try and find it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison