Supernatural (CW)

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, they've done a really good job of making it "large scale" without having to go big budget.

Very cool spin on who their mom was...really liked that. It is shaping up to look like a clash between Dean and Sam though, which will be interesting.

It's a shame that Supernatural has to go up against the Office every week, virtually impossible to draw viewers away (Hurray for DVR's though, I'd hate to have to choose).

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The show if finally back on track for me. I was missing the "brother banter" and didn't like how the season started much. The last couple episodes definitely feel like Supernatural again. Can't say I was a huge fan of the entire angel story line but when they threatened to wipe out the town it started to get interesting.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First episode was really good and creepy. Second episode was cheese. Glad the show is back on though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they put the entire show on Blu I might get it. The 3rd season is available on Blu right now. It is the same as Prison Break. The 1st season and the 3rd season are available on Bluray. There are no plans to release the 2nd season which is keeping me from owning any of them.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If they put the entire show on Blu I might get it. The 3rd season is available on Blu right now. It is the same as Prison Break. The 1st season and the 3rd season are available on Bluray. There are no plans to release the 2nd season which is keeping me from owning any of them.

Well, if you don't buy the other seasons, they won't release season 2. It's basic economics. And a Catch-22, unfortunately.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought S1 on DVD and sold it when they released it on Bluray. When I found out that they weren't releasing S2, it stopped me from rebuying.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if you don't buy the other seasons, they won't release season 2. It's basic economics. And a Catch-22, unfortunately.

Hey Chap, so any inidcation on how the network view the status of the show. They happy how it finished for the year or do they need to knock it out of the park before the summer?

I bought S1 on DVD and sold it when they released it on Bluray. When I found out that they weren't releasing S2, it stopped me from rebuying.

It's a slippery slope. I have been buying Blu Ray movies but have yet to buy one series on Blu Ray yet. I don't want to buy a season of one to find out they are not releasing the next either.

I am probalby going to re-buy Firefly but that might be it for now.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Hey Chap, so any inidcation on how the network view the status of the show. They happy how it finished for the year or do they need to knock it out of the park before the summer?
I don't know any specifics, but the outlook is pretty good right now that there will be a Season 5. Can't say definitely, but the show's quality is waaaay up there right now, and people are noticing.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
The title of last weeks episode was freaking hilarious. "Criss Angel is a Douche"

Also dont forget to ask for Chief.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SN will be back next season. Just heard this was renewed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We had heard rumblings here at work for a few weeks--good to hear the confirmation.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Awesome news! I got my sister-in-law and her boyfriend hooked on it a couple of months ago and they've already finished seasons 1-3.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this season will be really good. Unlike the start of the season, after the Summer last year, which had some of the most disappointing stretch of episodes since the show started IMO. The show got back on track around November but still had some miscues. I was really disappointing in the writing. Luckily they closed out this past season strong towards the end.

Having said that, I am really looking forward to this season. They are in what appears to be a no win situation but can't simply give up. It's seems like they are up against it from up above and down below. Should be a fun season.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha haha. Last episodes favorite line.

Cass: Maybe some day, but tonight your my little bitch.
Dean: Yeah what he said.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another great episode last night. I simply think what they are doing with the Cass character this season is much better then how they used him last season. I won't spoil it but what they did with Cass's character was hilarious.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought Thursday's episode was the best of the season so far and one of the better ones of the past few years.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Thursday's episode was the best of the season so far and one of the better ones of the past few years.

Agree. Brilliant episode. I just hope they let the Cass character out of his shell a bit this season because we got a glimpse of a very cool version of him.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another good episode last night. They made fun of Grey's Anatomy and Knight Rider and sitcoms in general. Hilarious.

Hey Chap...I really hope this show doesn't go away after this season. This is the Best writing in 2 seasons IMO.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Another good episode last night. They made fun of Grey's Anatomy and Knight Rider and sitcoms in general. Hilarious.

Hey Chap...I really hope this show doesn't go away after this season. This is the Best writing in 2 seasons IMO.

Yeah, that episode was one of the more popular ones in our office. This and the episode "The End" (where Dean goes 5 years into the future) are some of the best television this year so far overall.

Word is that the positive numbers from Vampire Diaries are really helping Supernatural. And even though Eric Kripke said in the past that he pictured the show to go 5 years, he said this summer that he would definitely be open to a 6th season. So we'll see.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that episode was one of the more popular ones in our office. This and the episode "The End" (where Dean goes 5 years into the future) are some of the best television this year so far overall.

Word is that the positive numbers from Vampire Diaries are really helping Supernatural. And even though Eric Kripke said in the past that he pictured the show to go 5 years, he said this summer that he would definitely be open to a 6th season. So we'll see.

That would be awesome because I am sure you remember my disappointment in the writing at the start of last season. I thought the show finished strong but hated the writing at the start.

This season to me is like I said the best the writing has been in a very long time. The episodes I love so far is the the one you mentioned (Dean going into the future), the one from last night (TV Land) and even the one where Dean becomes an old man via gambling. Seriously, the writing has not been better and has renewed my enthusiasm for the show.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great writing so far, to be sure. Hopefully, it can come back for another season after this. :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow....there had better be some major redemption coming Sam and Dean's way. Holy crap.

Ellen and Jo die? That really sucks. I really liked both characters. Who is next? Bobby? Talk about their deaths being meaningless. They basically died for nothing. Gave their lives for nothing. It was a false hope. The Colt never had the power to kill the Devil.

How much more can Sam and Dean sacrifice? They have already lost everyone close to them. I really hope payback is a bitch. Despite the stellar writing....this episode kind of pissed me off. Not in a bad way but pissed me off just the same.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn