Supernatural (CW)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the season premier for this the other night? It was pretty creepy.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Anyone see the season premier for this the other night? It was pretty creepy.

Watched it, Season Passed it on Tivo for now...I liked it, and it was creepy...

Mike

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
Damn my blondeness--I didn't realize it had started already...it looked like it would be a good one! What nights is it on?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I watched it as well. And yes it was creepy. I really like the premise of this show and how they hooked you into it in the pilot episode.

It goes straight to the season pass for me.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another decent episode tonight...although I was a bit bummed that they didn't find anything about their dad at this place...nor why he sent them there.

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Supernatural

If anybody has the chance of picking up the first season, definitely do it, this show is great. Part of its problem is that it gets a bad rap simply because it's on The CW, which isn't as bad as people like to make you think it is.

It was co-created by Kim Manners, who is a big-time veteran of the X-Files. Which is no surprise there--only 2 main characters, very supernatural feel to it. It mostly has to do with legends, poltergeists, ghosts, demons, you name it. Much more "hit you over the head" than the X-Files, which was vague in a lot of its stuff. This is by and large still an "investigation" show, but the monsters are definitely real, where in The X-Files, a lot of it was implied.

I have yet to see much of Season 2, but Season 1 is nothing short of brilliant--many people I've talked to say that it is much better than most of the Smallville stuff that's being broadcast now.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
This show is very cool.

Season 2 is much better than season 1. Sam and Dean's characters are really coming into their own and it's cool to watch their struggle with what happened to not only their mother but their father now too.

Plus we learn that something is up with Sam and they are stringing it along without letting us know what's up.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched most of last year, but there is just too much on Thursday nights to be able to keep watching it...which kind of sucks.

Mike

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
I watched most of last year, but there is just too much on Thursday nights to be able to keep watching it...which kind of sucks.

Mike

same here.

It was co-created by Kim Manners, who is a big-time veteran of the X-Files.

that's funny, but it makes sense. i described this show to a friend as x-files lite.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Supernatural

Anyone else watch this show? I'm a fan of horror movies and for a tv show, they do a surprisingly good job of creating some decent stories and sending a chill or two down the spine.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
same here.

that's funny, but it makes sense. i described this show to a friend as x-files lite.

I think it's more of a cross between X-Files and BTFS/Angel. It has lots of demons and talks about that mythology yet they treat each one more case like a la X-files.

I really like the show.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For those still following:

Because of the writer's strike, Supernatural's third season will consist of 16 episodes. The CW has ordered four additional episodes on top of the 12 currently airing. The final four episodes of the season will begin April 24th. On March 3rd, the CW announced the pickup of the show for a 4th season.

The last episode "Jus in Bello" rocked...if you missed it you can watch it here:

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/supernatural/full/?play=448-2974

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
For those still following:

Because of the writer's strike, Supernatural's third season will consist of 16 episodes. The CW has ordered four additional episodes on top of the 12 currently airing. The final four episodes of the season will begin April 24th. On March 3rd, the CW announced the pickup of the show for a 4th season.

The last episode "Jus in Bello" rocked...if you missed it you can watch it here:

http://www.cwtv.com/cw-video/supernatural/full/?play=448-2974

The last 3 or 4 episodes have been brilliant. This is one of those shows that gets better and better with age.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
bump

If you haven't watched the show yet, now would be a good time to go to the website and catch up on it. 10 days until it comes back and you'll definitely want to know the story line.

It's very entertaining and chalk full of good creepy feelings.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting show last night. They did a good job of mixing comedy and frights. I think that had to be the most graphic death scene on network television and I was kind of surprised they were able to get it past the censors...and the "*****" line.

That said, I really enjoyed it. :D

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting show last night. They did a good job of mixing comedy and frights. I think that had to be the most graphic death scene on network television and I was kind of surprised they were able to get it past the censors...and the "*****" line.

That said, I really enjoyed it. :D

Actually, there was a much gorier death earlier in the season involving a table saw.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Actually, there was a much gorier death earlier in the season involving a table saw.

I thought in that one they just implied what was going on (Wasn't that when Dean went ballistic on a vampire?)

Last edited: