Sun's vs Trailblazers (Preseason) 10/3

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I didn't get to see any of the game. How did everybody look? Did Josh play?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't get to see any of the game. How did everybody look? Did Josh play?

Josh played well. So did Booker and Warren. I think Jackson had about 14 points.

A lot of bench players played. Mike James, Daniels and Warren provided firepower down the stretch for the win.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Josh played well. So did Booker and Warren. I think Jackson had about 14 points.

A lot of bench players played. Mike James, Daniels and Warren provided firepower down the stretch for the win.

That's cool. Thanks MS! I'm so excited for this year. I know people think we should tank another year but I just cant help it with the Suns. My world is a little brighter when the Suns are good. Hahah (Dad puns)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's cool. Thanks MS! I'm so excited for this year. I know people think we should tank another year but I just cant help it with the Suns. My world is a little brighter when the Suns are good. Hahah (Dad puns)

I say the Suns should play hard, develop their youngsters and let the chips fall where they may.

Maybe if the Suns are not playing well near the end of the season, they can do what they have to do.

It's a new season. Let's have some fun. :clapping:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wonder if signing Len to th QO offer is going to bite McD in the butt. To me it ends up being a "no win." If he doesn't play well we won't keep him. If he does, we can't keep him.

But signing him to a long term deal might have taken away his motivation.

It's just one game but he looks miles better than Tyson.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wonder if signing Len to th QO offer is going to bite McD in the butt. To me it ends up being a "no win." If he doesn't play well we won't keep him. If he does, we can't keep him.

But signing him to a long term deal might have taken away his motivation.

It's just one game but he looks miles better than Tyson.

Yeah I don't know how signing Len comes out good after this season. But Williams went down so the suns needed an extra center...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think Len was offered more than the QO, how much though who knows. Surely the team wouldn't make it public and neither would he, especially if it was a really low offer. We may have offered some form of an extension prior to last season also that he didn't agree to. He's never seemed to excited to be a Sun, not like others have been. I can't recall him saying anything about being happy to be here in any interviews other than on draft day when he was selected.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he plays well, we have him for dirt cheap this year and still retain his bird rights, if he does not play well then he is gone. I don't see how the Len contract ISN'T a win-win.

And yes JC, it is just one game, and one game where Len didn't even step on the floor until the 2nd half when both teams used their 2nd and 3rd stringers for basically the remainder.

My only real takeaway from the game is that the off the ball movement and screening was WAY better than it's been in ages (clearly something they've worked on) but the results from that hard work go to waste when the ball handler goes 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 after pulling defenders in, basically every ball handler was guilty of this at some point. Also, Troy Daniels looks like a REALLY solid 3 point shooter, his career stats reflect that but I hadn't really noticed. The presumed status of Ulis being the primary backup PG seems shaky, as Daniels is a way better shooter and defender. Ulis really needs to develop something of an outside shot.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First things first.

Those uniforms are legit!!!

That is all

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And flat. Seems like he missed a lot of open ones tonight.

This is true as well. Although the Suns may want him to take the 3 point shot, I'd like to see him take a variety of shots. All four of his shot attempts were 3 point shots. Sometimes it's hard to get in a rhythm that way. The Suns should try to get him an easy shot or two to get him going.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TJ Warren quietly racked up 24 points and 6 rebounds. The Suns answer at PF may be Warren with Jackson at SF.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think Len was offered more than the QO, how much though who knows. Surely the team wouldn't make it public and neither would he, especially if it was a really low offer. We may have offered some form of an extension prior to last season also that he didn't agree to. He's never seemed to excited to be a Sun, not like others have been. I can't recall him saying anything about being happy to be here in any interviews other than on draft day when he was selected.

I think we agree about Len. Too bad he could not have been signed to a reasonable contract. Going into next summer the Suns weakest position is center.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
TJ Warren can flat out play just hope the dude can stay healthy. He's def a guy I root for.

Win or lose this should be a fun team to watch this year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't read much into Len looking better than Chandler in this last game. Chandler is a 16 year vet, he's not going to expend much energy in a preseason game and I doubt Watson would ask much of him either in preseason. I just hope Chandler plays well enough, and stays healthy, so the Suns can unload him for an expiring contract before the deadline. It's time to for the Suns to move on. Chandler can't be that upset at that decision either if we can move him to a playoff team.

t does kind of suck that we won't be able to match any contract offers he gets, if the light has finally come on for him. I think how much of an offer he gets though will depend on how good of a rim protector he is. That seems to be the main things teams look for in old school style centers like him. He's had good games before, his problem is stringing good games together.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't read much into Len looking better than Chandler in this last game. Chandler is a 16 year vet, he's not going to expend much energy in a preseason game and I doubt Watson would ask much of him either in preseason. I just hope Chandler plays well enough, and stays healthy, so the Suns can unload him for an expiring contract before the deadline. It's time to for the Suns to move on. Chandler can't be that upset at that decision either if we can move him to a playoff team.

t does kind of suck that we won't be able to match any contract offers he gets, if the light has finally come on for him. I think how much of an offer he gets though will depend on how good of a rim protector he is. That seems to be the main things teams look for in old school style centers like him. He's had good games before, his problem is stringing good games together.

It would be nice to have a young center already in place that the Suns are grooming for the future. With Chandler's age, Len's looming free agency and Williams injury the Suns have none of that.

If the Suns have a potential future center on the roster (presuming Len leaves), I think it is Bender. He does not appear ready to take the next step this season although the Suns should be playing him there to find out what they have.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wished Len worked out. It just seems too late now. Even if he kicked butt this season now we'd have to compete to keep him and his baby feelings are probably hurt over not getting a offer he wanted. He only has himself to blame. He was given every opportunity.

Our center "question" is probably answered in the next draft... hopefully.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Watching the replay on league pass now. Love love LOVE the purple away jerseys.

Bender and Chriss are too light to play inside defence on Nurkic. We should get some defensive beef in there now that the big sauce is injured.

Update: I agree the white stripes should have been left out. Also Chriss needs to impress in the preseason if he wants to keep his spot in the starting lineup. What do you say about that slin?

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bender and Chriss are too light to play inside defense on Nurkic. We should get some defensive beef in there now that the big sauce is injured.
Even though I have abandoned my preference for the big plodding Center of the past, I agree. Too light is as bad as too heavy.

But strength on defense at Center is a must. Other than an aging Chandler, we have none. A team short on balance is a losing team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort