Suns vs Lakers Nov.20

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Andrew-like? When in the hell did I become a verb?

Like it or not, I have my opinion and so do you...either learn to live with it or don't read my posts because I am not leaving here anytime soon...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Its way to early to be conceding anything this year. We have a ways to go before this team even functions as well as it can. While the Lakers are good they are far from unbeatable.

Agree nashman.

I was waiting in line at the restroom after the game listening to a bunch of Laker fans chanting "world champions!"

I responded by saying, "championships are not won in November." That got the Suns fans pumped up and the Laker fans deflated a little bit.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Andrew-like? When in the hell did I become a verb?

Like it or not, I have my opinion and so do you...either learn to live with it or don't read my posts because I am not leaving here anytime soon...

We had weekly meetings, every Monday while you were banned. We wanted to add words to the English language and that made the most sense.

We even took your Avatar and added it next to the word in the dictionary. Your famous my brother!

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Steve Nash plays better in the open floor with his soccer-mentality of quick passing and attacking. This slow post up game doesn't work for him, which is why he goes crazy with turnovers in the playoffs when the Spurs slow everything down. We need a more offensive minded point guard in fact. Think Tony Parker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its way to early to be conceding anything this year. We have a ways to go before this team even functions as well as it can.

unfortunately, I don't even see the right pieces or coaching that will get this to a finely tuned engine in the first place, but even if I'm wrong (and I hope I am), by the time that engine could get running, age and injuries will probably rear their ugly heads at that point. Nash, Shaq and Hill are only going to slow down as the season goes on and at least one of them is going on the shelf for an extended period of time at some point IMO.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Well good for you. Here is a cookie.

No. Steve Nash is leading Steve Nash to be ineffective. Steve Nash was a freaking MVP. He needs to stop being a little whiny bitch and do what is expected from him. Newsflash- Steve Nash is old, has a bad back and can not carry any team on his shoulders anymore. Steve Nash, is in fact what John Stockton was his last 2-3 years. He simply can not be any more than that. I like the guy, I think he is the best damn point guard since Magic Johnson and John Stockton, but he can not lead the team to victory.

It is Steve Nash's job to incorporate Shaq and Amare. That mean running a pick and roll as usualwith Shaq on the weak side, and at other times, dumping the ball to Shaq and then spotting up for a three or cutting to the basket. You put Shaq on the bench and you're going to have the same problem you had with D'Antoni. Suns will get destroyed in the paint. Bogut looked like Shaq playing against the Suns before Shaq came to town. Do you know what Bynum and Gasol would to do the Suns if Shaq weren't there?

Why would you want Shaq to dominate other team's second unit Center when he can dominate their first unit? That's no different than having Steve Nash dominate 2nd unit point guard or Amare doing the same thing with the 2nd unit power forwards. It is absurd.

Is it Shaq's fault that Amare is missing point black layups when Shaq serves him a basketball on a silver platter one foot away from the basket with no Laker within 5 feet of him? Is it Shaq's fault that Nash is bricking wide open shots? Is it Shaq's fault that nobody outside of Diaw and Barnes is cutting to the basket? Is Shaq making Steve and Raja run around like headless chickens?

You have a clear advantage on the Center position against just about any team in the league. You simply don't give that up. You exploit it, you don't give it up.

They are not "lost". They are flat out terrible. Boris Diaw is not "lost". He is the smartest player on this team. His basketball IQ is twice that of Amare. He just doesn't give a crap. Singlettary and Dragic know exactly what porter is trying to do, but they are just two rookies who are not any good yet and who have no confidence. Barbosa's mind is simply not on basketball, and I can't blame him for it, but the bottom line is that even when his mind is in the game, he is just not that good. Lopez is a rookie, and Amudson is a slightly improved Bo Outlaw. Bench is horrible, bench is crap. Moving some of that crap to first unit is not the answer.

2nd unit is not capable of wiping their own asses. They are incompetent at this point and they will be incompetent no matter who is on the floor with them. You double Shaq, stay on Hill, and you just stopped the DCR's 2nd unit. I am sorry, but outside of Nash, Amare, Shaq, and to some degree Hill, Barnes and Diaw, this team is TERRIBLE.
Shaq, Amare, Diaw, Hill and Barnes are good enough to make out front court among the best in the league. Our back court consists of one good, but aging player (Nash), one average player (Bell), two rookies (Singletary and Dragic), erratic and unstable Barbosa, and Tucker who is virtually unknown at this point.

Half of our team is crap. No matter how you move and mix that crap, it is still going to stink. Without a capable shooting guard and a competent back up point, this team is going nowhere. Whether you dump the ball to Shaq in the low post or run a pick and roll with Nash and Amare is irrelevant. Either, a trade happens, Bell, Nash, Diaw and Barbosa pull their heads out of their asses and play like they are supposed to, or this team is getting swept in the first round of playoffs.

Great post! DCT just conveniently forget that even DA with younger Nash and Bell couldn't pull us out of the WCFs, what's the meaning of copying the same style of play that Nash used to be a master at? I'd rather they try something else and fail than going back to the run-n-gun that was doomed already.:bang:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was waiting in line at the restroom after the game listening to a bunch of Laker fans chanting "world champions!"

I responded by saying, "championships are not won in November." That got the Suns fans pumped up and the Laker fans deflated a little bit.

They should have replied "championships are not won in Phoenix, either."

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man this team is getting real hard to watch they will eaither play great or they will look like old over the hill players that committ to many turnovers and miss wide open jump shots. I kind of like that fact that Amare is taking more jumpers but I wish he would go to the basket more that is where is real talent is at. I'm just disapointed we couldn't put up a better fight against a real talented laker team at home I hope we play a lot better than this in this playoffs if we do not we don't have a chance.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Something I have always wondered, would a Suns fan marry a Lakers fan and what team would their kids root for?

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
I am gonna laugh my ass off in a psychotic state when I am here longer than some of you in the future...

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Are there any official yearly awards given to posters at ASFN?

If not, there should be.

You could have people PM their votes on various categories every month, then announce the monthly winner, then have people vote out of the 12 nominations at the end of the year.

I bring this up purely on fact that I have keeled over many times on visits to this thread.

Classic.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I am gonna laugh my ass off in a psychotic state when I am here longer than some of you in the future...

Why? It's your goal to drive everyone away? You understand that a conversation requires more than one person, right?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you? do something psychotic? no way.

i'm laughing that you think someone being a fan of another team would somehow be an impediment to getting married. there is life outside of basketball andrew. probably about 99% of it.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score

I am SOOOOO glad I was not in this thread during the game or I would have gone crazy and probably been banned for some of my comments.. Not to mention a dissappointing game I would have had to read all of the ridiculous comments by yours truly (not going to mention any names. I am sorry but it makes me frustrated. However, I refuse to let it drive me away from the board as hard as it is.

Andrew.....what would happen if you were a Suns fan and you married a hard core suns fan who actually liked them instead of just liked Shaq and then Shaq was traded to a new team?? Would you get a divorce or how would that work? Just wondering. By the way when you are going to go in your psychotic state let me know so I can make sure I am on here to enjoy it.

That is enough. Go Suns I hope we can improve our areas that are lacking.