Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that Nurkic gets fouled constantly with no calls? To be fair I also think he gets away with ramming over defenders, but that has more to do with officials letting everyone get away with that.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't Think overall the phoenix suns are on the wrong end of the officiating. I don't think there's any conscious effort by the league for the officials to help some teams more than others. I am also don't believe looking at total fouls in a game or a season even is definitive proof of that.

BTW if Bradley Beal was healthy most of this season I think we would be at the top of this list or close to it. of course I also believe we would be a top three or four team in the Western Conference standings right now. But he hasn't been healthy and we are where we are.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I don't Think overall the phoenix suns are on the wrong end of the officiating. I don't think there's any conscious effort by the league for the officials to help some teams more than others. I am also don't believe looking at total fouls in a game or a season even is definitive proof of that.

BTW if Bradley Beal was healthy most of this season I think we would be at the top of this list or close to it. of course I also believe we would be a top three or four team in the Western Conference standings right now. But he hasn't been healthy and we are where we are.

I don't think there is a directive of any sort for the league to help some teams or screw others but I do believe there is regarding certain players, typically stars like Doncic, Giannis, Embiid, LBJ, and in the past Harden. Not only do more fouls get called getting those guys to the line I believe a lot of their common fouls are ignored to allow them to stick around. The NBA is a business and it makes sense they'd want their stars on the floor as much as possible.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Western conference is just wild this year.

Phoenix started yesterday as the 8th seed going up against LA. With the win, they were temporarily in 7th. Dallas loses, PHX up to 6th. NOP loses, up to 5th. Sac wins last night, back down to 6th. Sac loses tonight on a B2B and now Phoenix is back in 5th.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I do think for our star Booker gets less and ones, and foul calls period of any star of any NBA team, period. I think back on guys like Kobe, Jordan, etc, and it seemed if you just breathed on them it was a foul. AT least once a game Booker is rising up and shooting when the foul occurs and they make it a side out foul. At least Vogel reacts to it. I got too tired of Monty just sitting there, likely it was no big deal.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Western conference is just wild this year.

Phoenix started yesterday as the 8th seed going up against LA. With the win, they were temporarily in 7th. Dallas loses, PHX up to 6th. NOP loses, up to 5th. Sac wins last night, back down to 6th. Sac loses tonight on a B2B and now Phoenix is back in 5th.
Every game matters at this point.