Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

this just pisses me off.

I don’t care if he wanted to be on the suns or not, he would get over it.

what the hell is the point of a draft if you let the players choose who drafts them. Just stupid.
I think it's incredibly risky to draft a player you have questions about (and every team had questions about him) when he's already stated he will not play for you. Bluff or not, you don't bring that kind of player into your young locker room unless you're Ryan McDonough's more arrogant cousin.

And many players have done something similar although few have been as direct as Haliburton was (or his agent was). Usually they just won't interview or work out for the teams they don't want to play for and almost always that team is smart enough to stay away. But when it goes to an outright refusal, everyone stays away or regrets it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns traded for Chris Paul before the 2020 draft so there could be more to the story.

Phoenix could have always traded Haliburton or his rights if there was a problem.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it's incredibly risky to draft a player you have questions about (and every team had questions about him) when he's already stated he will not play for you. Bluff or not, you don't bring that kind of player into your young locker room unless you're Ryan McDonough's more arrogant cousin.

And many players have done something similar although few have been as direct as Haliburton was (or his agent was). Usually they just won't interview or work out for the teams they don't want to play for and almost always that team is smart enough to stay away. But when it goes to an outright refusal, everyone stays away or regrets it.
Well hindsight being 20/20, I’m sure Haliburton would’ve loved to play for an NBA title last year even if he had to come off the bench. But even if he did wanna go to Sacramento, Phoenix is still a historically better franchise than the Kings. Ironically, Jayson Tatum wanted to play in Phoenix and not Boston pre-draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right thumb fracture for Chris Paul per All-Star announcement.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Right thumb fracture for Chris Paul per All-Star announcement.
Yupp. He will be re-evaluated in 6-8 weeks….damn that’s rough. Well, let’s see how much we’ve grown as a team. We’re 12-0 without CP3 but we’re gonna have to dig deep.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a tweet about Chris Paul injury.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Paul going to be re-evaluated in 6-8 weeks

We need Cam Payne back NOW

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yupp. He will be re-evaluated in 6-8 weeks….damn that’s rough. Well, let’s see how much we’ve grown as a team. We’re 12-0 without CP3 but we’re gonna have to dig deep.
Just need to go 15-9 or so.

should be doable.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well hindsight being 20/20, I’m sure Haliburton would’ve loved to play for an NBA title last year even if he had to come off the bench. But even if he did wanna go to Sacramento, Phoenix is still a historically better franchise than the Kings. Ironically, Jayson Tatum wanted to play in Phoenix and not Boston pre-draft.
I don't think so but would we really be a title contender if we'd drafted a happy Haliburton? I seriously doubt we take on that huge CP contract if we had a PG we believed in. We'd have been a playoff contender with Rubio and the rookie backing him up but not a title contender (IMO).

Anyway, at draft time, and from putting together various reports/rumors, I believe his people were concerned that he would never be more than a bench player unless he was paired with a quick guard. Scouting reports at the time had concerns about his outside shot and his lack of quickness. And he had no desire to play his way into a starting role so Sacramento was picture perfect for him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so but would we really be a title contender if we'd drafted a happy Haliburton? I seriously doubt we take on that huge CP contract if we had a PG we believed in. We'd have been a playoff contender with Rubio and the rookie backing him up but not a title contender (IMO).

Anyway, at draft time, and from putting together various reports/rumors, I believe his people were concerned that he would never be more than a bench player unless he was paired with a quick guard. Scouting reports at the time had concerns about his outside shot and his lack of quickness. And he had no desire to play his way into a starting role so Sacramento was picture perfect for him.
He wasn’t good to enough to dictate where he played.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s when He’ll be REEVALUATED, not come back.

Anyone who thinks this doesn’t totally screw our title chances is smoking sherm.
Well I don’t. Not smoking anything.

remember he was out half the playoffs last year.

he is being reevaluated then, because that is when the bone should be healed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is unnecesary.

cam Payne and holiday along with point book are enough

Suns need another point guard to help get them to get them through the first round.

We don't even know if Cam Payne will be 100%.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good news is avulsion fractures typically do not require surgery. Bad news is that even if the hand is fine after 8 weeks how rusty and out of shape is CP3 gonna be. This town is cursed…

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good news is avulsion fractures typically do not require surgery. Bad news is that even if the hand is fine after 8 weeks how rusty and out of shape is CP3 gonna be. This town is cursed…
You really think he will just sit on his ass with the playoffs coming up?

come on the doomsayers here are getting out of control.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I don’t. Not smoking anything.

remember he was out half the playoffs last year.

he is being reevaluated then, because that is when the bone should be healed.
Out “half the playoffs”? Yeah. You are smoking sherm. He was out 2 games against the also injured Clippers, missed zero games and was only hampered in two games against the Lakers.

But we also saw us get back door swept when he was injured against Milwaukee, losing 4 in a row.

Without him at all in the first round (a very real
Possibility) we are 50/50 to win any series and we have zero shot to beat GS or Grizz if we fall to the 2 seed and have to play an out of game shape CP3 or possibly no CP3.

**** Phoenix sports.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If it is a fracture you’d think they’d 1) use a better sort of brace and 2) not let him TAKE IT OFF during the 75th photo shoot today.

Doesn’t add up.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really think he will just sit on his ass with the playoffs coming up?

come on the doomsayers here are getting out of control.
Game shape is not the same as staying in shape.

Thinking this doesn’t severely hurt our title chances is ridiculous.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is unnecesary.

cam Payne and holiday along with point book are enough
Payne has had his moments but neither he nor Holiday have shown the ability to be everyday starters in this league, or even close to it. And the point Book option has failure written all over it unless he's paired with a starting shooting guard that can draw the kind of defensive attention that he drew playing next to CP3.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson