Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn’t good to enough to dictate where he played.
Maybe not but most of the sites had him as a top 5 or so player. He only fell to our range in the draft because his agent refused to provide background information, medical information or to allow interviews and workouts and informed the relevant teams that he would only play for Sacramento.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Paul is out for so long why the hell is he going to try and get in the game tonight

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Game shape is not the same as staying in shape.

Thinking this doesn’t severely hurt our title chances is ridiculous.

I think game shape will be fine he’s always played at a slow pace anyway and he never gets out of shape

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I had an avulsion fracture on my right thumb last July. I wish I would of documented my recovery so that I could better remember accurately how long it affected me. The thing that I remember most is that even when I stopped wearing a brace I still couldn’t grip anything without pain. The pain just kinda gradually got better over time before it was gone. I play basketball with my son and shooting a basketball wasn’t affected much, but I was super nervous about catching passes since it would cause my thumb to be pushed back.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Out “half the playoffs”? Yeah. You are smoking sherm. He was out 2 games against the also injured Clippers, missed zero games and was only hampered in two games against the Lakers.

But we also saw us get back door swept when he was injured against Milwaukee, losing 4 in a row.

Without him at all in the first round (a very real
Possibility) we are 50/50 to win any series and we have zero shot to beat GS or Grizz if we fall to the 2 seed and have to play an out of game shape CP3 or possibly no CP3.

**** Phoenix sports.
Yeah he played - but he was basically a liability for many of those games.

he is going to be back by the second round if he has to play with a still broken thumb.

only first round team that might be an issue is the clippers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had an avulsion fracture on my right thumb last July. I wish I would of documented my recovery so that I could better remember accurately how long it affected me. The thing that I remember most is that even when I stopped wearing a brace I still couldn’t grip anything without pain. The pain just kinda gradually got better over time before it was gone. I play basketball with my son and shooting a basketball wasn’t affected much, but I was super nervous about catching passes since it would cause my thumb to be pushed back.
Yeah.. the idea that you’re a-okay the moment you’re “cleared for activity again...” ah, screw it.

This just sucks. Guess it gives us a look at how far these guys have actually come and what life after CP3 will look like.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only because the suns let him, which they should not have.

Well the Suns were not the only team that passed on him we were drafting 10th

He wanted to play for the Kings and made it known

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chuck was even wanting to talk about it....you could tell he knew we are cursed. Hopefully we will be ok ...but damn man really?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only because the suns let him, which they should not have.
And a half dozen other teams that could have used a PG in that draft.

So why are you so positive that we screwed up by not taking a player who insisted he wouldn't play for us? It almost definitely would have kept us from going after Chris. But more importantly, tell me why you would draft a player without his medical history, without an interview and without a workout? I don't think I would have done that for a teenaged Kobe Bryant, I certainly wouldn't have done it for a slightly above average point guard.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All I know is Kyler said he was fine...yeah not...Book said CP3 was fine...yeah not. So I don't ever want to hear it's fine again lol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And a half dozen other teams that could have used a PG in that draft.

So why are you so positive that we screwed up by not taking a player who insisted he wouldn't play for us? It almost definitely would have kept us from going after Chris. But more importantly, tell me why you would draft a player without his medical history, without an interview and without a workout? I don't think I would have done that for a teenaged Kobe Bryant, I certainly wouldn't have done it for a slightly above average point guard.
Already had Chris at that point.

you pick the best player, and it’s not like it was a small drop off to jalen snith. Whatever probably need to stop talking about history that can’t be changed.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Certainly sucks but I’m not going to panic over it. I think the team is built to sustain injuries in the short term. A 6 1/2 game cushion hopefully will help and Cam will be back with Shamet after the break. I’m not sure where we rank in strength of schedule after the break but I know the Warriors have a tougher road ahead.

Keep your heads up amigos. Maybe we can convince Goran to come back and play some PG and off ball SG. ;) lol

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

you pick the best player, and it’s not like it was a small drop off to jalen snith. Whatever probably need to stop talking about history that can’t be changed.

Let...it...go

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul missed two playoff games against the Clippers last season, both wins.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sure, the draft was held 3 months after free agency that year but we had Rubio and if we were going to draft Haliburton it makes no sense to sign CP3.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, the draft was held 3 months after free agency that year but we had Rubio and if we were going to draft Haliburton it makes no sense to sign CP3.
Huh?

chris Paul is 36 and injury prone.

if we had him right now I don’t think anyone would be hyperventillating.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Haliburton had a major wrist injury that kept him out of the majority of his final college season. His agent refused to share his medical update with anyone but Sacramento. You can’t really blame Jones for not taking a player with injury red flags who doesn’t want to play for you.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh?

chris Paul is 36 and injury prone.

if we had him right now I don’t think anyone would be hyperventillating.
Agree with you that drafting Halliburton wouldn’t have kept us from trading for CP3 at all.

But I’d still think we were screwed for a title. You just don’t lose an MVP level leader/player/clutch beast and the straw the stirs the drink and go on a legitimately contend for a title.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson