OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Phrazbit

I hope you realized I was joking when I said this in post #1340:

"No worry. The Suns have Payton. He started 63 games for the Knicks last season."

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm into a thing now where I expect the Suns to win every game. I know it's unrealistic but this is what I've come to expect.

Even if they get down in a game I think they are going to come back and win.

It's really hard for me to process a loss.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There’s a bigger gap between 1/2 in the west than 1/play-in in the East. The team we face in the finals will have earned it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not taking contact on that hand.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah, it's not what I hoped to see.

I wondered why we never heard the results of the MRI.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Paul plays a play or two and comes out of the game.

It's hard to think surgery might not be an option.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the F? If he plays with a hand that he won’t even touch other people with to high five, that is beyond stupid.

I'm not going to speculate but I think we know what we are going to hear after the All-Star game.

It's means a lot for Paul to play with Monty and Booker at this event.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to speculate but I think we know what we are going to hear after the All-Star game.

It's means a lot for Paul to play with Monty and Booker at this event.
I think you’re right. Paul prob doesn’t want any distraction or other story out that could overshadow Monty or the game in general, but I’m now fearing the worst.

If he was okay or just going to miss a little time like a week or two, there’s no reason whatsoever they wouldn’t have said as much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you’re right. Paul prob doesn’t want any distraction or other story out that could overshadow Monty or the game in general, but I’m now fearing the worst.

If he was okay or just going to miss a little time like a week or two, there’s no reason whatsoever they wouldn’t have said as much.

If the MRI had come back good, we would have heard about it right away.

Maybe it takes a few days to prepare for what appears to be the inevitable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Paul uses his left hand for a play or two and then comes out of the game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I expect to hear a lot more after the All-Star game.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm into a thing now where I expect the Suns to win every game. I know it's unrealistic but this is what I've come to expect.

Even if they get down in a game I think they are going to come back and win.

It's really hard for me to process a loss.
Golden State on Christmas was a tough one to lose. All of my friends know I’m a huge Suns fan and Book shot terrible that game 5/19 and we still almost had a shot to win until Otto Porter went off. Miami loss was annoying because we just didn’t show up in the first half. Atlanta, Trae had it going and we couldn’t stop him but we have 10 losses on the season lol. But yeah I’ve come to expect us to win. And there’s games we’ve won (Houston this week) where we probably should’ve lost but found ways to win.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t make sense for him to be on the court in any kind of live action where someone could bump into him, he instinctively raises his hand as a ball comes at him or anything if he’s looking at decent amount of time off.

This sucks. And I think they’re going to be cagey about whatever injury he’s got the rest of the season.

And I’ll be just beyond pissed if surgery is necessary and they delayed it for this.

Last edited:

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Doesn’t make sense for him to be on the court in any kind of live action where someone could bump into him, he instinctively raises his hand as a ball comes at him or anything if he’s looking at decent amount of time off.
Man I was looking forward to seeing him and Book go at it for a couple possessions. We all know how stubborn CP3 is but this all-star game isn’t more important than our ultimate goal. I think he’ll definitely miss time coming back post all-Star. So we’re gonna need Cam Payne and Shamet to actually contribute at a high level. Let’s not waste this 6 game lead. I’m curious how Book plays knowing that he has to get everyone going and then also get his. Game 1 of the WCF he had a 40 point triple double. He’s going to have to make better decisions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This sucks. And I think they’re going to be cagey about whatever injury he’s got the rest of the season.

And I’ll be just beyond pissed if surgery is necessary and they delayed it for this.

The other players know about Paul so my guess he goes out there and makes a pass or two with his left hand and comes out.

Maybe it took a few days for the swelling to go down. I'm sure he has consulted with the best doctors.

My mind has already started to wander to buyouts.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Golden State on Christmas was a tough one to lose. All of my friends know I’m a huge Suns fan and Book shot terrible that game 5/19 and we still almost had a shot to win until Otto Porter went off. Miami loss was annoying because we just didn’t show up in the first half. Atlanta, Trae had it going and we couldn’t stop him but we have 10 losses on the season lol. But yeah I’ve come to expect us to win. And there’s games we’ve won (Houston this week) where we probably should’ve lost but found ways to win.

A lot of those wins came knowing Chris Paul knew how to closeout games. My concern now has shifted to getting Chris Paul healthy for the playoffs and maybe looking at buyout options to strengthen the team down the stretch.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I was looking forward to seeing him and Book go at it for a couple possessions. We all know how stubborn CP3 is but this all-star game isn’t more important than our ultimate goal. I think he’ll definitely miss time coming back post all-Star. So we’re gonna need Cam Payne and Shamet to actually contribute at a high level. Let’s not waste this 6 game lead. I’m curious how Book plays knowing that he has to get everyone going and then also get his. Game 1 of the WCF he had a 40 point triple double. He’s going to have to make better decisions.
That 1 seed is the key the whole playoffs. Getting to avoid a titanic second round match up with the Grizz before having to play GS would just be huge towards achieveing the final goal.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs surgery. Why the hell else are they being cagey?! I bet he misses at least 6 weeks. Delaying for this meaningless game is so dumb.

The bigger issue is seeding. That number one seed is so important and that might evaporate with Chris down.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This may be a best case scenario.
While I really doubt CP3 will miss much time or that he needs surgery. This team does need to learn to work without him just in case.
We've won games without CP3 before. Hell we've won playoff games without him.
Suns will be fine, even if we dump half the games we have left we will still be in a good spot for a playoff run.
Maybe this pushes Monte and JJ to find a real backup PG so the drop off isnt too much.
I have a feeling CP3 is just being really really careful.
The number 1 seed would be nice yeah but the way this team lines em up and knocks em down doesn't concern me.
This team can/will beat whatever you put in front of them and the order doesn't matter.

Last edited: