Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s no silver lining to a shooting hand/wrist injury.
Well, there is at least a possible silver lining. If he can be fully rehabbed in 6 weeks or so he could return in time to be up to speed by the postseason and he'd have a rested body and fresher legs than most.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, there is at least a possible silver lining. If he can be fully rehabbed in 6 weeks or so he could return in time to be up to speed by the postseason and he'd have a rested body and fresher legs than most.
Yep. This team is deep. They'll be just fine IMO. Fans might be the only ones who struggle during his absence because of a few more losses...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He would’ve been fresh regardless assuming they had the #1 locked up with 1-2 weeks left in the season. If he has hand surgery there’s no guarantee he has 100% feel back by then.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Grain of salt Flex

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Grain of salt Flex
Way to go out on a limb. He expects an update after the ASG. After everything has started already.

Wow….thanks Captain obvious.

There is definitely a reason he can’t go into details. Just not the one he is inferring.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to go out on a limb. He expects an update after the ASG. After everything has started already.

Wow….thanks Captain obvious.

There is definitely a reason he can’t go into details. Just not the one he is inferring.
Lol at that last line.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only a thought. I don't know if it's possible but could Paul already have had a surgical procedure?

The Suns played the Rockets Wednesday night and supposedly he had an MRI on Thursday in LA.

Of course maybe rest and rehab is all that is needed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’ve got a big cushion, a soft schedule and a team who knows they can win with guys out.
Only a thought. I don't know if it's possible but could Paul already have had a surgical procedure?

The Suns played the Rockets Wednesday night and supposedly he had an MRI on Thursday in LA.

I don’t think he’d do anything with a fresh surgery. Playing with tendons freshly tethered together… that is insanely risk.

I think he has a severe sprain, to tear.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve got a big cushion, a soft schedule and a team who knows they can win with guys out.

I don’t think he’d do anything with a fresh surgery. Playing with tendons freshly tethered together… that is insanely risk.

I think he has a severe sprain, to tear.

Yeah, mostly exploring every option until we hear something concrete.

If Paul were to need surgery it might be better to get done now if it gets him back for the playoffs. Of course Paul and his doctor should know best. He said something to the effect hand surgery has become part of the family.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Muggz from Tent City

I expect we will get some info on CP3 sometime after I write this.
He will be out several games or one game or he wont miss any.
As usual I know what the injury is but sadly I cant tell you at the request of my various high level sources in the NBA and the Mayo hand clinic.
Feel free to hit me up if there's ever anything you don't want to know.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I suppose he could have had arthroscopic surgery to take a peak inside but I seriously doubt it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose he could have had arthroscopic surgery to take a peak inside but I seriously doubt it.

I was thinking along those lines especially since the hand was covered but I'm no doctor. Paul made a conscious effort not to use the hand. Maybe after today we find out more.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

this just pisses me off.

I don’t care if he wanted to be on the suns or not, he would get over it.

what the hell is the point of a draft if you let the players choose who drafts them. Just stupid.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this just pisses me off.

what the hell is the point of a draft if you let the players choose who drafts them. Just stupid.
And it’s not like he was a number 1 pick who had all this fanfare and power to make a team force their hand.

That said, this was at a point where the Suns were looking to completely change their culture. I won’t fault them too much for passing on someone who already didn’t want to be there.

In the future though... I don’t care what the player wants when you have a certain amount of control over their rights. As in... DA after this season if he asks us not to match a possible RFA Max offer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

this just pisses me off.

I'm disappointed to hear this. Suns passed on Karl Malone because he didn't work out for them too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson