Suns updates and discussion for the 2021-22 season

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree with you that drafting Halliburton wouldn’t have kept us from trading for CP3 at all.

But I’d still think we were screwed for a title. You just don’t lose an MVP level leader/player/clutch beast and the straw the stirs the drink and go on a legitimately contend for a title.
He’ll be back for the playoffs, we will almost certainly have home court, it’s still ours to lose.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’ll be back for the playoffs, we will almost certainly have home court, it’s still ours to lose.
Absolute best case scenario is he’s back some time in the first round... out of shape, still probably with a hand that isn’t ready to have the best handles in the game.

Also, the last four years he’s played, it’s taken him about a month to get back in the swing of things with his shooting. Being out possibly two months is going to be like an off-season where I fear the same ramp up necessary.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This will be like last year in the thick of the playoffs... Right when we think the sky is falling this team gets better within their own game, holds the fort, and gets back cp3 just in time for that finals push. Some things are blessings in disguise.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh?

chris Paul is 36 and injury prone.

if we had him right now I don’t think anyone would be hyperventillating.

This is getting ridiculous

You are overvaluing Halliburton like crazy. Yeah he’s so great the Kings just traded him away

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Absolute best case scenario is he’s back some time in the first round... out of shape, still probably with a hand that isn’t ready to have the best handles in the game.

Also, the last four years he’s played, it’s taken him about a month to get back in the swing of things with his shooting. Being out possibly two months is going to be like an off-season where I fear the same ramp up necessary.

Why would he be out of shape? You actually think Chris Paul of all people wouldn’t be ready if he came back during the playoffs?

It sucks that he’s out at all, but it’s not like he’s Deandre Ayton coming back from an injury.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous

You are overvaluing Halliburton like crazy. Yeah he’s so great the Kings just traded him away
While I agree the hyperventilating here is over the top…

It’s the Kings we are talking about. They screw up everything.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This sucks. He’s basically Colts Manning to this team. He runs the entire show and is the team leader.

We’ve seen how compromised he gets if his handle isn’t 100% so it could be a major problem if he isn’t back to his old self by the postseason. Best case is he’s back with 1-2 weeks to go and ready for R1.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If it is a fracture you’d think they’d 1) use a better sort of brace and 2) not let him TAKE IT OFF during the 75th photo shoot today.

Doesn’t add up.

He wanted to play (for whatever reason) and the Suns don’t have the gumption to tell him no. Idk why you risk even a weekend of healing time practicing or playing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wanted to play (for whatever reason) and the Suns don’t have the gumption to tell him no. Idk why you risk even a weekend of healing time practicing or playing.
Doesn’t even make sense from a rest period. His hand and thumb should be cast and immobilized so it can start healing immediately instead of jostling around for five days.

F’n stupid.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So in essence this is worse than his first injury to it. 6 to 8 weeks before reevaluate. That puts us in the playoffs and IMO no chance he is 100% to start playoffs.

I think we will have to escape the first round to have a shot at him being 100% again.

Now keeping 1st seed seems like a different ballgame let alone getting out of the first round.

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

this just pisses me off.

I don’t care if he wanted to be on the suns or not, he would get over it.

what the hell is the point of a draft if you let the players choose who drafts them. Just stupid.
Agreed. Stupid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You really think he will just sit on his ass with the playoffs coming up?

come on the doomsayers here are getting out of control.
Of course not. But he can’t shoot with it being his shooting hand being injured. 6-8 weeks is a long time not to shoot a ball. Nor can he work on his ballhandling. There’s little doubt if it’s 8 weeks there will be a lot of rust and it will be in the second round. This is really freaking awful.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Doesn’t even make sense from a rest period. His hand and thumb should be cast and immobilized so it can start healing immediately instead of jostling around for five days.

F’n stupid.
I will be curious to see if he gets a hard cast, and if so, for how long. I went with a removable brace for my injury. It felt nice to take it off every once in awhile to slowly move my thumb around.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be curious to see if he gets a hard cast, and if so, for how long. I went with a removable brace for my injury. It felt nice to take it off every once in awhile to slowly move my thumb around.
Interesting.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am seeing a silver lining here. A Chris Paul with fresh legs for the playoffs. This is cool to me. Meanwhile I hope Lebron, Giannis, Embid, Curry, all play 48 minutes a game!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Welp I guess we get see if book really is a top superstar and if all the posters who say Ayton has been sacrificing can actually step up his offensive game now that he is needed to do so without his main assist guy.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Someone is going to be the closer in games now. Who? My bet is Johnson and Ayton. I Think Shamet will come alive also

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Welp I guess we get see if book really is a top superstar and if all the posters who say Ayton has been sacrificing can actually step up his offensive game now that he is needed to do so without his main assist guy.
My guess would be Bridges is the one that steps it up some more offensively. Of course we should be getting Payne back for the next game which will help offset this a little.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about the All-Star game but also discusses the absence of Chris Paul going forward.

I have to believe Paul's leadership from the bench will be huge.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns should be able to get through the first round without Paul. The second round will begin at the end of April. That gives him nine weeks to get back into game shape.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Aldridge looks at the positive side of Chris Paul being able to rest his legs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA