Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Ummm....

January 26th 2020

June 21st 2019

December 29th 2018

As you pointed out BC, we all make bad predictions, but this dude made them and then beat the drum 1,000 more times each. He gets to be wrong every time he beat the drum. So that guy was wrong... a lot.

I have mixed emotions about responding to your post. While 1Sun was negative all the time (as have been the Suns performances),
citing three examples overlooks the many things where he was spot on. Eventually, our masses came around to various opinions
that he gave. This is not to excuse his constant repetitive posts.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have mixed emotions about responding to your post. While 1Sun was negative all the time (as have been the Suns performances),
citing three examples overlooks the many things where he was spot on. Eventually, our masses came around to various opinions
that he gave. This is not to excuse his constant repetitive posts.

He was wrong on far more than just those.

Furthermore, he wasn't just often wrong, but he would lie and exaggerated, always in ways to make things seem as bad as possible.

He is a troll. I don't doubt that you earnestly want the Suns to do well BC... 1Sun isn't on your side. He is a masochist who wants to make everyone else miserable... and he has admitted as much.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He was wrong on far more than just those.

Furthermore, he wasn't just often wrong, but he would lie and exaggerated, always in ways to make things seem as bad as possible.

He is a troll. I don't doubt that you earnestly want the Suns to do well BC... 1Sun isn't on your side. He is a masochist who wants to make everyone else miserable... and he has admitted as much.

OK, Phraz, I'll accept that. 'Too bad Sarver isn't on our side either. And he's the only one who could make a difference.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a stat I came across earlier today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not really big news but some news, Booker got a new tattoo in Kobe's hand writing on his wrist that says "Be legendary". That was how Kobe signed a pair of shoes and game program for Booker during his final season in the league. I think this can help put in perspective how much Kobe meant to Booker, if nothing else.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/04/devin-bookers-new-be-legendary-tattoo-a-tribute-to-kobe-bryant/

For those that don't want to click, here's a pic of it and a quote from Booker on how Kobe's impacted him as a player.

“It’s been a lot of what I do, man, mentality wise, approach wise everything, before I even knew him personally, he had shaped my life. My basketball career. My approach to everything,” Booker said. “The biggest thing for me was earning his respect,” Booker said. “To even be the guy in the room after we play them that he wanted to talk to or share advice with. Then our relationship had grown from there. Just figuring out what type of person he was outside of the Mamba mentality. How he raised his daughters and how much of a family man he was something that was just incredible.”

You must be registered for see images attach

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder what his previous handle was? he mentioned being here when curt schilling used to post here.
That time frame was July 26, 2000 to the end of the 2003 season. Does that time frame line up to how old this forum is?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not really big news but some news, Booker got a new tattoo in Kobe's hand writing on his wrist that says "Be legendary". That was how Kobe signed a pair of shoes and game program for Booker during his final season in the league. I think this can help put in perspective how much Kobe meant to Booker, if nothing else.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2020/03/04/devin-bookers-new-be-legendary-tattoo-a-tribute-to-kobe-bryant/

For those that don't want to click, here's a pic of it and a quote from Booker on how Kobe's impacted him as a player.

You must be registered for see images attach

That would explain the arm sleeve he had on last night.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gina Mizell (@ginamizell)
3/4/20, 1:14 PM
Devin Booker’s mouth — which required stitches after colliding with Kyle Lowry at the rim last night — was quiiiiiite swollen today. He opted not to speak to the media, because he couldn’t really, and that’s understandable.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
3/4/20, 1:15 PM
Monty: “I don’t know how that’s not an offensive foul...Book actually went Point A and backwards to avoid the contact. He gets hit in the face and there’s a foul on him. I’m sure his frustrations are at a high level.“ #Suns

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
3/4/20, 1:15 PM
More Monty: “I thought the offensive foul on him with Hollis-Jefferson, to have Hollis-Jefferson laughing at the referees afterwards was a joke, because (he) knew Book didn’t foul him. Our guys have had to really manage their emotions as it relates to some of the calls.” #Suns

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That time frame was July 26, 2000 to the end of the 2003 season. Does that time frame line up to how old this forum is?
If not, it would be its predecessor. Or the one before that.

Now I'm curious, too, what 1Sun's handle was.

I'm pretty sure I used my BC867 through all of them.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not really. If he's who I think he is, I remember him being around when Curt and his two biggest fans (both females) started posting but I think that was either on AzProSports or the Rivals board (many of the posters here came from one of those forums). I'm pretty sure he was on both of those but I don't recall him being here although I did take an 18 month break shortly after this forum opened so I might have missed him.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Not really. I remember him being around when Curt and his two biggest fans (both females) started posting but I think that was either on AzProSports or the Rivals board (many of the posters here came from one of those forums). I'm pretty sure he was on both of those but I don't recall him being here although I did take an 18 month break shortly after this forum opened so I might have missed him.
Thanks, Steve, for mentioning AzProSports and Rivals as the preceding boards to ASFN.

My declining short term memory -- instant recall -- for names drives me crazy.

I also didn't remember Curt's two biggest (female) fans.

Curt gave few hints of privileged info once in a while, if we read between the lines.

But, of course, he initiated posts, but never responded to any.

I guess if we average his lack of responses . . . and 1Sun's repeated posts . . .
they average out, huh. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If not, it would be its predecessor. Or the one before that.

Now I'm curious, too, what 1Sun's handle was.

I'm pretty sure I used my BC867 through all of them.

I think I've used a different screen name on every site I've ever used although I didn't do it by design. Back when I was just posting on the Alt. newsgroups I used my real name and that turned out to be a bad idea so since 1990 I've rotated between probably a half dozen screen names between here and the other sports forums I've frequented through the years. And then I've rotated between a different set of screen names on the various home theater, movie and TV boards I've frequented.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think I've used a different screen name on every site I've ever used although I didn't do it by design. Back when I was just posting on the Alt. newsgroups I used my real name and that turned out to be a bad idea so since 1990 I've rotated between probably a half dozen screen names between here and the other sports forums I've frequented through the years. And then I've rotated between a different set of screen names on the various home theater, movie and TV boards I've frequented.
Hmmm. Lamont Cranston

How many posters other than the two of us know that reference?

Even if we say, "The Shadow". :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3/4/20, 12:51 PM
Deandre Ayton did not practice for the #Suns today. Monty Williams said Ayton got an MRI earlier today and that they are awaiting results. He’ll be in a walking boot in the meantime. Seems unlikely he plays tomorrow against Portland.

Seems like Ty Jerome was in a walking boot early in the season and he was out quite awhile.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
You mean your name's not Steven?! o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson