Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton vs "The Greatest Player in the World" Embiid.

Embiid stats first two years (0-0-0-0-0-0-0).
"I think he can consistently put up a double double throughout his career." Thanks for the strong analysis Fiz :rolleyes:
I thought that was funny too.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Fizdale even watch Ayton? I like how he said "He doesn't shoot a ton of 3's" right before the double double comment at the end. Ayton has 3 attempts on the year. I know 1 of those was just the other day, makes me wonder if the other 2 happened vs the Knicks before Fiz was fired.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Jerome could play some small forward behind Bridges and Johnson. I wish the Suns would look at somebody they might want to bring back next season no matter what the position.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Perhaps Jerome could play some small forward behind Bridges and Johnson. I wish the Suns would look at somebody they might want to bring back next season no matter what the position.
The fourteenth man is not important. Can anybody tell me some fourteenth men in the NBA

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fourteenth man is not important. Can anybody tell me some fourteenth men in the NBA

They are like spares tires. When a team has lots of injuries they need them. They add depth to the roster. Diallo might be considered a fourteenth player.

If you look at the waiver wire the Clippers had a late addition in Reggie Jackson.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reggie Jackson is not a Bench warmer

You are right but he is an example of a late addition to a roster. There have been some players waived that have been good additions. I was trying say the 14th or 15th player can be important.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Does Fizdale even watch Ayton? I like how he said "He doesn't shoot a ton of 3's" right before the double double comment at the end. Ayton has 3 attempts on the year. I know 1 of those was just the other day, makes me wonder if the other 2 happened vs the Knicks before Fiz was fired.
What he said is completely true unless you think 3 is a ton!

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What he said is completely true unless you think 3 is a ton!

While it is true, I found it odd. Shaq shot about the same number of 3's in his first couple of years and no one would have said "Shaq doesn't shoot a ton of 3's" to describe his early days. They would have said he doesn't shoot 3's or not even have mentioned 3's because it's irrelevant to his game. It's like the double double remark after that, it's common sense to say something like that and I expect more from a professional analyst who considers himself to have the talent to be a head coaching at the highest level of the game.

Shaq shot 2 3's in each his first 2 years and Ayton is sitting at 3 attempts this year and had 4 last season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know it's not a lot but I like the increase in his blocks. He was at 0.9 block a game last year and it didn't appear to be trending up based on how poor of a rim protector he was. If he didn't miss all of the games because of his suspension he'd be tied for 8th in the league at blocks per game right now, tied with Aldridge and Drummond.

Hope to see it get up to 2 or more a game by year 4. I know he's in year 2 now, I'll give him a little time to get up there. So long as he stays in the top 10 though I'm happy.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know it's not a lot but I like the increase in his blocks. He was at 0.9 block a game last year and it didn't appear to be trending up based on how poor of a rim protector he was. If he didn't miss all of the games because of his suspension he'd be tied for 8th in the league at blocks per game right now, tied with Aldridge and Drummond.

Hope to see it get up to 2 or more a game by year 4. I know he's in year 2 now, I'll give him a little time to get up there. So long as he stays in the top 10 though I'm happy.
Agreed. He’s become a better rim protector. Happy to see that. Let’s hope it continues.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
While it is true, I found it odd. Shaq shot about the same number of 3's in his first couple of years and no one would have said "Shaq doesn't shoot a ton of 3's" to describe his early days. They would have said he doesn't shoot 3's or not even have mentioned 3's because it's irrelevant to his game. It's like the double double remark after that, it's common sense to say something like that and I expect more from a professional analyst who considers himself to have the talent to be a head coaching at the highest level of the game.

Shaq shot 2 3's in each his first 2 years and Ayton is sitting at 3 attempts this year and had 4 last season.
I was just messing with you. ;) I know what you’re saying.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somehow, Ayton is the least of my worries currently. The guy is going to be a force.

His first 10 or so games after coming back, his offense was sketchy but over the last 6 weeks or so he has been, easily, one of the best 5 big men in the entire league, on both ends of the court.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Somehow, Ayton is the least of my worries currently. The guy is going to be a force.

His first 10 or so games after coming back, his offense was sketchy but over the last 6 weeks or so he has been, easily, one of the best 5 big men in the entire league, on both ends of the court.
Yep. Last night Book had 6 turnovers. Unacceptable. That is the game right there.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season I waited for the Suns to add Kenneth Faried. This season I wait for Trey Burke.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last season I waited for the Suns to add Kenneth Faried. This season I wait for Trey Burke.

You're going to be waiting a while. They need a wing with Oubre out. Cam is the only one they have now. Perhaps they should have kept Tyler Johnson. He's not ideal at SF but he could play it more than anyone else on our roster. He could slide Booker up to SF also, depending on the matchups. I think we'll see Booker log some minutes at SF going forward, which might not be bad. Rubio & Carter with Booker, Mikal, and Ayton in the frontcourt. That's small but quick. Probably the most athletic lineup they could put out there now.

We're so used to combing the waiver wire and G-League for PG's and bigs that I don't have a clue what wings might be available. Maybe Davon Reed is out there?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave