Suns @ Trail Blazers Tuesday game thread 12-19-2023

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point in the season alarms should be sounding. I don’t care if the the “big 3” have only played togehter a limited time. It’s the lazy defense, turnovers and lack of any scheme from the coaching staff. This team isn’t very good right now.

One decent opposing screen and our defense falls apart. We either over rotate or no one moves at all.

The offense is basically nothing but Booker or Durant having to make tough shots.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My stream might be slow, when I posted that he'd only left the court a a minute or so prior... and we'd been giving up a layup line. He just can't stay infront of anyone.

We were down 3 when he checked out. The Portland lead grew to 9 without him. Our problem has been giving up corner 3's. Blazers have only scored 30 points in the paint to our 46. I haven't seen this layup line.

As I said, he's not perfect but he's not the problem. His rebounding and swatting misses back out for others has kept us in this game.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly i hate to say this but im not sure i want to watch this team try to w 2 gms in round 1 lol ughhhh

If things keep going the way they are, you won't need to worry.

This is not a playoff team right now, not even particularly close to playing at that level.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I quit watching Yotes cuz they were down 0-3, switched to Suns, and Yotes end up winning 4-3! LOL!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has no composure. They unravel so easily.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I quit watching Yotes cuz they were down 0-3, switched to Suns, and Yotes end up winning 4-3! LOL!
I liked it when they were called Phoenix. The suns are the only team left with Phoenix in their name.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The lack of leadership is also rather jarring.

Booker is the only one who seems to vocalize anything.

We blow a rotation or throw the ball away and these guys hardly react, it is almost like they expect to suck right now.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
So at what juncture does Vogel getting fired become a serious thing? Underperforming first year coaches almost always make it through at least one season, if not a minimum of two. But will that be the case with a team like these Suns where expectations are so high and the team as constructed has such a short make or break window?

At some point, Ishbia will have to concede to the fact that even if Vogel isn't to blame for the roster shortfalls and the injury issues, he also isn't doing anything that resembles a good job of coaching. If we have any hopes of being a contender with this team, we need to cut bait on the bad coaching and at least try someone else before things get permanently out of hand.

AzCardsfan76

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Turnover, bad defense, missed shot, turnover, bad defense, missed shot, turnover, bad defense, missed shot….

Phx Suns to change their name to the Groundhogs….

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Cant believe that I bought into the bullspit

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nurk follows up bad pass with a missed layup. LOL