Suns Trade Half the team.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No he is not, he is completely different to IT.

Also Brandon Knight is intelligent.

Yea but both are undersized shooting guards. I honestly have no idea why we have this obsession about running a dual PG lineup so damn badly.

Knight is also gonna be a FA real soon.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Knight is more like Dragic than IT, probably a better ranged shooter than Goran, not as good at the rim, better rebounder, not as good at passing, better off the ball, better defender than Goran.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I never thought I would have to ask this, but who exactly is still on the roster? It seems the Suns have traded three of their point guards for.. umm... another point guard.

The pick situation is not too encouraging. The Suns traded away a lottery pick for a few mid-to-late first rounders.

Knight's acquisition is on par with Bledsoe's, albeit more expensive, but, just like Bledsoe last summer, he will be an RFA this summer, and may very well be gone.

So the Suns trade both Dragic and IT, arguably the main cause behind Dragic's discontent? It would have been funnier if they were traded to the same team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Knight is the same type of player that IT is. Undersized shooting guard.

They are a bunch of inches different. I'm thinking the Suns are thinking they have three potential stars in Len, Bledsoe and Knight.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brandon Knight is shooting 44.8% from 2-point range this season; 6th-worst among qualified players.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never thought I would have to ask this, but who exactly is still on the roster? It seems the Suns have traded three of their point guards for.. umm... another point guard.

The pick situation is not too encouraging. The Suns traded away a lottery pick for a few mid-to-late first rounders.

Knight's acquisition is on par with Bledsoe's, albeit more expensive, but, just like Bledsoe last summer, he will be an RFA this summer, and may very well be gone.

So the Suns trade both Dragic and IT, arguably the main cause behind Dragic's discontent? It would have been funnier if they were traded to the same team.
We lost a potential lotto pick, but we really have no clue where it will end up, and we got 3 1st round picks that... who knows where they will end up, except that Cleveland pick, it will likely be in the late 20s.

Hard to see that Miami roster making any real strides over the next 3-4 years with so much cap tied up in severely declining players and so few draft picks.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Quick - let's do something drastic to distract everyone from how badly we goofed up the team.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quick - let's do something drastic to distract everyone from how badly we goofed up the team.

So... you feel that they goofed up the team, and now effort of fixing it was mere distraction?

A lot of the naysayers trying to argue both sides of the same coin.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Goofed up Part II.

They're going to keep trying until they get it right.

And we still didn't help ourselves at the power positions up front.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea but both are undersized shooting guards. I honestly have no idea why we have this obsession about running a dual PG lineup so damn badly.

Knight is also gonna be a FA real soon.

Brandon Knight is 6'3 combo guard. Isiah Thomas is a 5'9" PG.

Knight is basically the same size as Dragic.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
John Gambadoro @Gambo987 · 4m 4 minutes ago
The Suns got back Kendall Marshal!!!!l but they will waive him.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Knight will play half his minutes at PG and half at SG. I think it will work better than it did with Dragic.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Goofed up Part II.

They're going to keep trying until they get it right.

And we still didn't help ourselves at the power positions up front.

And we didn't really open up much playing time for Warren, Goodwin or Bullock either.

We basically reverted to same team from last season with Knight taking Goran's spot and Wright taking Plumlee's spot.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So... you feel that they goofed up the team, and now effort of fixing it was mere distraction?

A lot of the naysayers trying to argue both sides of the same coin.

I'm being flippant - their hand was forced by their own private misdeeds, magnified by Dragic's public misdeed. Considering the options, blowing it all up was probably the best thing to do and it sounds like RMcD's done a pretty good job.

But the distraction helps RMcD for sure. There's no doubt he's primarily responsible for the mess of our former team, which makes me nervous going forward. New players, same FO.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And we didn't really open up much playing time for Warren, Goodwin or Bullock either.

We basically reverted to same team from last season with Knight taking Goran's spot and Wright taking Plumlee's spot.
More reports have listed Wright at 210 pounds than at the 240 pounds some of our posters thought he looked like.

Given Len's health problems, having Wright or Kieff as backup Center will make us the weakest team in the league in the post except when Len is playing and not hurt or in foul trouble.

I wonder if this will affect Kieff's lack of discipline with technicals.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm being flippant - their hand was forced by their own private misdeeds, magnified by Dragic's public misdeed. Considering the options, blowing it all up was probably the best thing to do and it sounds like RMcD's done a pretty good job.

But the distraction helps RMcD for sure. There's no doubt he's primarily responsible for the mess of our former team, which makes me nervous going forward. New players, same FO.

The franchise was in disarray when he took it over, and not disarray like we currently had where "too many talented guys unhappy about sharing" but rather "entire roster of excrement".

Most outside observes have had nothing but overwhelming praise for the direction of the franchise since McD took over.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
Suns recently offered Dragic for Brandon Knight. Bucks said no. Now Bucks get the guys they wanted all along -- MCW and Ennis -- for Knight
I think Kidd is probably the best coach for both MCW and Ennis.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who knows, the thread could have been created by a quality poster like you..

At least I'm allowed to post there and isn't perma banned on multiple dupe accounts like you.

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The franchise was in disarray when he took it over, and not disarray like we currently had where "too many talented guys unhappy about sharing" but rather "entire roster of excrement".

Most outside observes have had nothing but overwhelming praise for the direction of the franchise since McD took over.

If you want to paint what just happened in a positive light, go for it. I definitely won't be. The fallout and subsequent team blow up in light of our success last year can only be considered mismanagement.

But he's earned a reprieve with these trades and probably had credit in the bank from previous trades.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you want to paint what just happened in a positive light, go for it. I definitely won't be. The fallout and subsequent team blow up in light of our success last year can only be considered mismanagement.

But he's earned a reprieve with these trades and probably had credit in the bank from previous trades.

You are entitled to be concerned with all the uncertainty these moves brings. However we didn't achieve anything. There is little fallout for a team that hasn't made the playoffs, if we don't this year, for five straight years. We weren't breaking up the '98 Bulls.

We got younger, more cap space, more picks, more talent, and got rid of players who were either causing problems (if rumors are true, Thomas) and guys who were unhappy and would of signed elsewhere (Plumlee, Dragic).

The NBA is a professional league, with little room for ego, and even the best, Lebron has quite a destructive ego. We are looking for the future, not trying to 'achieve' the 8th spot in the West. We didn't really lose anything. We potentially lost a good but uncertain who we could take 1st round pick from the Lakers, and a good talent in Ennis. In the end we profited.

We did this all in short order after getting thrown under the bus by Dragic, and all the other little 'me first' leaks we've had recently. Plus this will help show the players they don't run the henhouse, and maybe this will translate into less outbursts/technicals by players such as Markieff.

It's not spin, it's reality. Until we are able to compete for the top three spots in the west, we are just missing out on a 1st round loss unless a miracle happens. I don't want the Suns FO banking on a miracle, then another, and another instead of churning assets that will then allow for a solid foundation to be put in place. We didn't have one, we still don't have one, but we are grabbing the pieces and assets to get one.

Last edited:

Errntknght

Reaction score
Well, crap, they sent Ennis... the one real point guard we had.

GSW has the slash brothers and we have the turnover brothers... Knight turns it over more than Bledsoe, believe it or not. I suppose we should be thankful we didn't get Sanders back.