Suns Sign New Free-TV Deal

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Flagstaff it is antenna channel 3 as well as 32. Channel 32 is the AZ Family Sports.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tried to watch the game for free on the app last week, but??? I guess I'm just too old to understand these things and how it works. Couldn't get it to work, got mad and deleted the app.:mad:. What else is new?:rolleyes:

Here's an FAQ if you have questions, ask here. I'm sure someone can help get your situation under control. Hopefully this webpage helps you though.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tried to watch the game for free on the app last week, but??? I guess I'm just too old to understand these things and how it works. Couldn't get it to work, got mad and deleted the app.:mad:. What else is new?:rolleyes:

Rabbit ears work in flag.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Are the TNT games (like the opener) also going to be shown on AZFamily?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are the TNT games (like the opener) also going to be shown on AZFamily?

I would guess they won't. They have not the last few years, except for games that have been flexed into a national broadcast. If you wanna watch the national broadcasts you'll need ESPN or TNT.

Although, games listed as "NBAtv" will have the local broadcast, all NBAtv does is piggy back on a local feed.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Ronin any chance you can make a lock stickied thread with the Suns schedule for us here?

There's a few options for images to add/use of the schedule.

You must be registered for see images attach

And

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Ronin any chance you can make a lock stickied thread with the Suns schedule for us here?

There's a few options for images to add/use of the schedule.

And
I will get to it in a couple of minutes here.

SeattleCardinal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hulu has AZfamily and the game tonight was not on it. So, it appears even having AZ Family via a streaming service does not guarantee the games. I had to watch it on my OTA.
That seems to be the case for tonight’s game with Chicago. I have Hulu + Live TV and the game was nowhere to be found. Do I need to switch to YouTube TV?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the case for tonight’s game with Chicago. I have Hulu + Live TV and the game was nowhere to be found. Do I need to switch to YouTube TV?
Probably or get an OTA antenna. That’s how I am getting them. I am also buying a cheap Tableau DVR to record them.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
For some reason this new TV arrangement is affecting NBA League Pass on DIRECTV. Many of the Suns broadcasts are not available. Like tonight I only had the Bulls broadcast available. I see the same thing for the Thunder game on Sunday. Only the Thunder broadcast is available. But then I just checked LP on the NBA app on AppleTV and the Phoenix stream was available there for tonight. So it seems to be specific to DIRECTV.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason this new TV arrangement is affecting NBA League Pass on DIRECTV. Many of the Suns broadcasts are not available. Like tonight I only had the Bulls broadcast available. I see the same thing for the Thunder game on Sunday. Only the Thunder broadcast is available. But then I just checked LP on the NBA app on AppleTV and the Phoenix stream was available there for tonight. So it seems to be specific to DIRECTV.
I could be wrong but I don't think that has anything to do with what Ishbia has done. For me, it's not been unusual to have only the home team broadcast available on League Pass (through Spectrum). Spectrum only makes a certain number of channels available for the NBA package and almost every night, a few of the games will only include the home broadcast. And when we were at our worst, it happened for the majority of our games. I've had to settle for the other guys broadcast crew quite often the past 7 or 8 years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting. In Texas, I have had all versions of the broadcast available. And in fact, even if it's on NBA TV, I'm still getting the Suns broadcast. They are even putting on the Suns Halftime Show now and some of the Pregame.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Local blackouts and streaming rights come into play if you live in AZ. That’s why even though if you have Hulu (which has AZFamily) you can’t watch the games there. If the game is on TNT or ESPN you. Any watch on league pass. This was so much easier back in the UPN45 days.

Superbone

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I don't think that has anything to do with what Ishbia has done. For me, it's not been unusual to have only the home team broadcast available on League Pass (through Spectrum). Spectrum only makes a certain number of channels available for the NBA package and almost every night, a few of the games will only include the home broadcast. And when we were at our worst, it happened for the majority of our games. I've had to settle for the other guys broadcast crew quite often the past 7 or 8 years.
Not for me. Almost every Suns broadcast was available when not on NBA TV, ABC, ESPN, or TNT. Very few games only had one team's available. But like I said, this must be DIRECTV specific since yours was on Spectrum. I bet the difference is that the Arizona Bally's Sports channel which is available no longer carries the games and there is no AZ Family 3TV equivalent on DIRECTV.

Superbone

Reaction score
Interesting. In Texas, I have had all versions of the broadcast available. And in fact, even if it's on NBA TV, I'm still getting the Suns broadcast. They are even putting on the Suns Halftime Show now and some of the Pregame.
DIRECTV?

Superbone

Reaction score
Local blackouts and streaming rights come into play if you live in AZ. That’s why even though if you have Hulu (which has AZFamily) you can’t watch the games there. If the game is on TNT or ESPN you. Any watch on league pass. This was so much easier back in the UPN45 days.
I'm in So California. Only Lakers and Clippers games are blacked out and I'm forced to watch their local broadcasts.

Superbone

Reaction score
No mine is through nba.com.
OK, yeah, it's DIRECTV specific then. Like I said, it was available on the NBA app. Might have to start using that. Can you watch when the game is in progress and start at the beginning?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, yeah, it's DIRECTV specific then. Like I said, it was available on the NBA app. Might have to start using that. Can you watch when the game is in progress and start at the beginning?
it will probably work for you because Chap is also out state. In state you are still subject to blackouts/streaming rights.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for me. Almost every Suns broadcast was available when not on NBA TV, ABC, ESPN, or TNT. Very few games only had one team's available. But like I said, this must be DIRECTV specific since yours was on Spectrum. I bet the difference is that the Arizona Bally's Sports channel which is available no longer carries the games and there is no AZ Family 3TV equivalent on DIRECTV.
I had all the games when I was on Directv too but my point was that it isn't because of the deals that Ishbia made. Spectrum, Directv, Comcast or whoever decides how many channels to make available for League Pass - I assume they do that in their specific deals with League Pass so that neither advertise more than they provide. It was even worse when I switched from Dtv to Verizon Fios when it first came out. They only made like 5 HD channels available and they were home team broadcast only, as were most of the non-HD games they showed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison