Suns Sign New Free-TV Deal

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I had all the games when I was on Directv too but my point was that it isn't because of the deals that Ishbia made. Spectrum, Directv, Comcast or whoever decides how many channels to make available for League Pass - I assume they do that in their specific deals with League Pass so that neither advertise more than they provide. It was even worse when I switched from Dtv to Verizon Fios when it first came out. They only made like 5 HD channels available and they were home team broadcast only, as were most of the non-HD games they showed.
But it indirectly affected Directv since they don't carry the new Suns broadcast channel. And they probably never will since it's a Phoenix general channel. I guess they could add it but only show Suns games. BUT, now that I think about it, I was able to record ONE game thus far that was the Phoenix broadcast. That was the Philly game. All I know is it is different this year than the last 20+ on Directv. I used to almost always get to pick home or away. That has changed this season. I used to like to watch half and half home and away unless I really couldn't stand the away announcers. Like I said, I will try switching to the NBA app but it's not easy for this old dog to do new tricks after so many years of having it one way. Plus, I still don't know if I can start a stream from the beginning in the middle of a game. That is a must for me.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it indirectly affected Directv since they don't carry the new Suns broadcast channel. And they probably never will since it's a Phoenix general channel. I guess they could add it but only show Suns games. BUT, now that I think about it, I was able to record ONE game thus far that was the Phoenix broadcast. That was the Philly game. All I know is it is different this year than the last 20+ on Directv. I used to almost always get to pick home or away. That has changed this season. I used to like to watch half and half home and away unless I really couldn't stand the away announcers. Like I said, I will try switching to the NBA app but it's not easy for this old dog to do new tricks after so many years of having it one way. Plus, I still don't know if I can start a stream from the beginning in the middle of a game. That is a must for me.
Well, maybe it's not the same thing I'm talking about. I've just been faced with several years of providers not wanting to waste the bandwidth for dual broadcasts of games/markets that just aren't worth it. On average, even though I get all the games, I lose the Suns broadcast probably a dozen times a season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, poor me. All i' can do is follow them on espn's gamecast.SMH :>)

Says you're in Flagstaff, you should be getting the games free over the air? I have family in Flag who hasn't had any issues watching.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm a little north of flag 8 or 10 miles on way to Page. Not sure I can get it out here? A text from that antenna maker did not sound too encouraging, so I've just kind of let it go, and just complain about it :>/

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm a little north of flag 8 or 10 miles on way to Page. Not sure I can get it out here? A text from that antenna maker did not sound too encouraging, so I've just kind of let it go, and just complain about it :>/

What I'd do, order an antenna from Amazon and if it doesn't work then return it. Returns with Amazon are easier than department stores, IMO. Box it up, print the UPS label they give and within 2-3 days tops all the moneys returned. There's also drop points for returns, I do that as well where I just take the package to an Amazon locker and they get it within 2 days or so.

There's also the app, although that is $14.99 a month. You can get an antenna for $20 outright, which is the best plan economically.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Covert Rain share any info on that OTA DVR you got? How's it working? Ive looked into those in the past and the Suns being on free tv now makes it more enticing. Just curious if you could make a recommendation or provide some insight since I recall you mentioning using one. Ideally it would be like $50-80 with about as many many hours of storage, like 50-100.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I'd do, order an antenna from Amazon and if it doesn't work then return it. Returns with Amazon are easier than department stores, IMO. Box it up, print the UPS label they give and within 2-3 days tops all the moneys returned. There's also drop points for returns, I do that as well where I just take the package to an Amazon locker and they get it within 2 days or so.

There's also the app, although that is $14.99 a month. You can get an antenna for $20 outright, which is the best plan economically.
I just checked the email (not text) that Channel Master sent me. The antenna set up they quoted me was about $270 on sale. So, I 'm not sure about that. Especially now just today my gate opener is not working properly and will probably need replacing (at end of life), another $6 or 7 hundred. SMH.
(Feeling sorry for myself):sad::confused::D

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just checked the email (not text) that Channel Master sent me. The antenna set up they quoted me was about $270 on sale. So, I 'm not sure about that. Especially now just today my gate opener is not working properly and will probably need replacing (at end of life), another $6 or 7 hundred. SMH.
(Feeling sorry for myself):sad::confused::D

They're trying to rope you into one of the outdoor antennas then. That may be what you need. I'd definitely shop around a little because that's crazy. You could get a full season of the Suns Live app for that.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Covert Rain share any info on that OTA DVR you got? How's it working? Ive looked into those in the past and the Suns being on free tv now makes it more enticing. Just curious if you could make a recommendation or provide some insight since I recall you mentioning using one. Ideally it would be like $50-80 with about as many many hours of storage, like 50-100.
I had an old TIVO but I forgot that you had to pay a guide subscription. I am only going to use this for the Suns games so I have been looking. I think I am buying this one because it’s cheap, no fees and has 50 hours. You can allegedly plug an play an external hard drive to expand. Just ordered. Will let you know.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just got my digital tuner to work. Az Family channel 3 is it. I know that doesn't help out of towners. Just posting for Phoenix peeps.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Suns schedule again. I have DirecTV. It looks like when 3TV and national TV doesn't carry the Suns game, they will be on NBA TV.

DirecTV emailed me a guide where I can enter a particular date. I'm still a bit anxious because the Suns schedule doesn't always reflect this.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is total BS.

Just checked and realized my tv doesn't even have a tuner, so I guess an antennae is out.

Guess I have to switch to Fubo.
Others can probably answer this better, but I think you can buy a tuner box.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Others can probably answer this better, but I think you can buy a tuner box.
Yeah I just did - reluctantly. They sound like junk based off the reviews, but I decided I should have something if the internet goes out anyway, so I bought it. Will check out how it works, have no idea what kind of signal I will get out of an antenna here.

Have a feeling I will just end up switching to FUBO. But at least have a week to see how this works.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah I just did - reluctantly. They sound like junk based off the reviews, but I decided I should have something if the internet goes out anyway, so I bought it. Will check out how it works, have no idea what kind of signal I will get out of an antenna here.

Have a feeling I will just end up switching to FUBO. But at least have a week to see how this works.
Same thing. My internet goes down every once in a while. I thought the same thing. I have TV now when my ISP goes out. Plus the trend now is Suns, Mercury, etc, now on antenna. Coyotes are on 7.2 I believe.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard