Suns offering blake griffin 4 years $130m

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Marc Stein reporting Suns meeting with Blake Griffin on Saturday about a 4 yr $130m contract.

Ive been a proponent of the art of the tank and building through the draft until the team is ready to truly compete but it is hard to look away in this case.

A team of Bledsoe, Book, jackson, griffin, and Tyson can be an immediate 4-5 seed i think.

My concern here is also stunting Chriss and Benders growth however they are fairly versatile position wise so finding minutes is possible. The 4 year deal isnt too long too the point where he is a high risk of being an old bad contract.

Im at peace with it.

Last edited:

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree, with the clippers down, memphis going down (randolph may be leaving and he is old anyway) no reason a suns team with griffin couldn't be in the utah category at least (and heyward) might be out.

I look at it as len for 4 years 70 million or griffin for 4 years 130, what is the better move? If the suns get griffin len is gone.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The big worry would be injuries but... even though he is not the same athlete he was when younger a healthy griffin is still a top 15 player in the league.

The second worry, does it stunt marquese's growth at all? A 4 year deal, meaning chriss is 24 when over, still several years away from his prime. I think it will be ok.

You basically set yourselves up as a good team now, while maitaining all your youth and ability to contend when golden state fades out, so i'm for it.

Millsap is stupid as hell, because he's 32 and not the player a healthy griffin is.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I don't know if Blake or Milsap is the answer but I do agree with the timing. It's time to try and compete. All these kids need to learn how to win. The Suns have a really nice collection of young talent. The tank needs to end.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Little nervous bout the injury issues but suns do have a good training staff.

If griffin can stay healthy suns would be a pretty talented young team and could push for a 6th or 8th seed in the playoff.

Prob wont happen but would be fun to watch!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, zero to hero in one off-season? Yes please

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
Please, no.

I'll have a hard time reconciling my utter distaste for Griffin's unsportsmanlike demeanor. Particularly if it doesn't vastly improve the Suns chances at success.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm fine if it happens, but I'd imagine there's probably a 10% chance it actually does.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Griffin recently put the Suns on his Mount Rushmore of NBA Cities. Cited Climate, Fans, Scottsdale, and Training Staff as his reasons.

Fenkin

Reaction score
Our kids need learn how to win games in playoffs. So, Griffin would be good addition for us if he stay healthy.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm on board. I think the Suns are ready to take the next step and contend for the playoffs. Our young guys need some experience winning. I don't want Booker coming up for free agency without us ever making the playoffs. We have enough young players on the roster.

It is time to start building a winner. Bringing in Griffin sacrifices nobody from our core. The only casualties will be Len and Williams.

Some of you guys were willing to trade Bledsoe and Jackson for Irving, but don't want Griffin even though we can get him w/o giving up anyone.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
The Suns don't have star players interested in coming here much anymore. Reports say Griffin is interested in the Suns...why wouldn't you take a shot at bringing him in? Injuries are a little concern for me, and I'm not the biggest Griffin fan, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Blake Griffin injury history:

Sprained left MCL, January 2008
Torn right knee cartilage, March 2008
Broken left kneecap, October 2009
Sprained left knee, May 2012
Torn left meniscus, July 2012
Strained left hamstring, February 2013
Sprained right high ankle, April 2013
Bruised left knee bone, October 2013
Stress fracture to the back, July 2014
Staph infection of the right elbow, February 2015
Partially torn left quadriceps, December 2015
Broken right hand, January 2016
Surgery on the right knee — “minor” to remove “loose bodies,” December 2016
Bruised right big toe, April 2017
How pathetic is Robert Sarver that he wouldn't pay the max to keep Amare and keep together a contending team but is now willing to pay out big $$ to a guy who has played in just 59% of available reg season games in the last 2 years

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How pathetic is Robert Sarver that he wouldn't pay the max to keep Amare and keep together a contending team but is now willing to pay out big $$ to a guy who has played in just 59% of available reg season games in the last 2 years
Settle down. We are only meeting with him -- technically, we are NOT offering him that contract, only that we CAN.

Too bad nobody has faith in our training staff anymore.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I like the timing of it and not giving up anything worthwhile but I don't like Griffin at all. I mean if our young guys develop nicely we'll be the Clippers all over again. He's an average rebounder at best and worthless as a rim defender... we'll have to get a good defensive center to have decent interior defense. Maybe no one will top the qualifying offer we made to Len...

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I like the timing of it and not giving up anything worthwhile but I don't like Griffin at all. I mean if our young guys develop nicely we'll be the Clippers all over again. He's an average rebounder at best and worthless as a rim defender... we'll have to get a good defensive center to have decent interior defense. Maybe no one will top the qualifying offer we made to Len...
Um, Tyson Chandler? ;)

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Settle down. We are only meeting with him -- technically, we are NOT offering him that contract, only that we CAN.

Too bad nobody has faith in our training staff anymore.
Sarver didn't even have faith in our training staff in 2010.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Please, no.

I'll have a hard time reconciling my utter distaste for Griffin's unsportsmanlike demeanor. Particularly if it doesn't vastly improve the Suns chances at success.
Exactly. Blake isn't a good character guy at all and isn't the type of star we should put around these kids.

I don't like signing either one but I'll take Millsap over Blake even though Millsap is older since Millsap is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy more durable than Blake is and also doesn't have the reputation of being a douche like Griffin.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn