Season Finale: Suns @ Kings 4-11-17

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Williams but it's hard to judge him accurately considering this team has been beyond awful post All Star break. You don't lose 13 in a row, tanking or not, without being a bad team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He knows how to play...He hussles...And the suns play well when he's in the game.

And btw... Williams puts up good stats!

It never hurts his mother is Chief of Police either. Lots of good PR. Forget all that... I like Alan Williams as a person and as a player.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Williams but it's hard to judge him accurately considering this team has been beyond awful post All Star break. You don't lose 13 in a row, tanking or not, without being a bad team.

This is true. It's one of the reasons I do not want the Suns to count on him being a starting center.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want this Lakers game to be over asap so I can actually root for the Suns to win...if only for a few minutes!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's looking better by the minute on both fronts.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Lakers winning big

I said the Lakers would do better without Russell playing. Ennis, Mwaba and Clarkson are taking turns running the show, more or less, and the whole team is passing well. Ingram has been playing better of late... looking a bit less likely they'll regret drafting him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No defense is being played. It has turned into an exhibition game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said the Lakers would do better without Russell playing. Ennis, Mwaba and Clarkson are taking turns running the show, more or less, and the whole team is passing well. Ingram has been playing better of late... looking a bit less likely they'll regret drafting him.

However, Russell hit that big shot the other night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm now trying to work my way out of the losing mentality. Watson may have been right.

Go Suns!

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It never hurts his mother is Chief of Police either. Lots of good PR. Forget all that... I like Alan Williams as a person and as a player.

That's really cool. We would never have an off court issue with him. Lot of local love for Williams that's for sure.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I tghink the rookie of the year should only go to guys that play 82 games! :)

Errntknght

Reaction score
kinda weird... suns committed 23 fouls and sac gets 41 FTs, sac commits 24 fouls, suns get 21 FTs...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Lakers last game does not matter! I am happy happy!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Bender is so frustrating to watch, just no productivity or efficiency. His shooting is atrocious. It really pisses me off because everyone who looked deeper should have seen this coming. He struggled hard against Euro-League competition.

Hope McDonough does not throw another high pick away because his highest picks have not been a success story at all - Len and Bender.. two raw timid 7 footers.

Last edited:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bender is so frustrating to watch. Hope McDonough does not throw another high pick away because his highest picks have not been a success story at all - Len and Bender.. two raw timid 7 footers.

Well personally I gave Len three years to show significant progress that he's worth keeping. It was the start of the fourth year I kinda gave up. I hope we give Bender the same latitude.

Bender did force the action once or twice and took it to the hole and forced contact. It was something I guess.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If you didn't know their draft status you would surely all agree right now that Derrick Jones Jr looks like a better prospect than Dragan Bender.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you didn't know their draft status you would surely all agree right now that Derrick Jones Jr looks like a better prospect than Dragan Bender.

Haha

Good point slin but isn't that taking it a little far? I mean they're different players with different strengths. Let's see what another off season does for Bender.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bender is so frustrating to watch, just no productivity or efficiency. His shooting is atrocious. It really pisses me off because everyone who looked deeper should have seen this coming. He struggled hard against Euro-League competition.

Hope McDonough does not throw another high pick away because his highest picks have not been a success story at all - Len and Bender.. two raw timid 7 footers.

I'll grant you, he shot horribly, but I thought he looked incredibly promising. Took it to the bucket with authority a couple times, played good defense, phenomenal passing. He's got a ways to go before he's a consistently productive nba player, but yesterday's game was FAR from evidence to write him off.

Last edited: