Suns-Nuggets

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
This is hardly a gimme. In fact this will be a very very tough game. Suns will be lucky to win with the D they've played latley. And the nuggets are red hot too... which won't help.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I REALLY think we should sit Nash for this game. He's said himself that he's playing on one leg - give him a rest - we don't play again until Friday against the Warriors and I'd give him a rest there also - let him finally get healed. This is what everyone warned us about with Nash, wearing down come the end of the season - now I know wwe scoff at people who say we can't win becvause we don't play defense and if we're goingthat route fine - but your offense better be PERFECT and the only way that's gonna happen is to have a completely healthy Nash out there.

DA has to know that whatever Gaudy record we end up with doesn't mean squat if Nash is on "one leg" come playoff time and we get unceremoniously crushed in the first or second rounds.

TopGamer

Veteran
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
I REALLY think we should sit Nash for this game. He's said himself that he's playing on one leg - give him a rest - we don't play again until Friday against the Warriors and I'd give him a rest there also - let him finally get healed. This is what everyone warned us about with Nash, wearing down come the end of the season - now I know wwe scoff at people who say we can't win becvause we don't play defense and if we're goingthat route fine - but your offense better be PERFECT and the only way that's gonna happen is to have a completely healthy Nash out there.

DA has to know that whatever Gaudy record we end up with doesn't mean squat if Nash is on "one leg" come playoff time and we get unceremoniously crushed in the first or second rounds.

i think this is an important game. if marion is healthy nash's minutes should be limited. but we have a looong break ahead of us for him to heal. he really doesn't even have to play in the warriors game.

i don't think d'antoni is too concerned about the record. he said before getting the pacific is enough and it appears we have that locked. nash won't play if coach d don't think he's ready.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think we need to rest Marion and Nash. Essentrially pulling a San Antonio. This Denver team is playing with a TON of confidence. Even with Nash and Marion it would be a difficult win. We gotta have some other guys step up down the stretch, or we end up like Dallas the last few years, with injured tired guys in the playoffs. :(

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
George Karl has made a huge difference in Denver, they will be one of the scariest teams to face in the playoffs. He has got Carmelos ego in check and the addition of both Person and Najera add to what they were missing last season. The loss of Voshon Leonard and all the Anglo's (Chris Anderson, Jon Barry and Ryan Bowen) gave them shooting and hustle off the bench.

TopGamer

Veteran
Reaction score
Yuma said:
I think we need to rest Marion and Nash. Essentrially pulling a San Antonio. This Denver team is playing with a TON of confidence. Even with Nash and Marion it would be a difficult win. We gotta have some other guys step up down the stretch, or we end up like Dallas the last few years, with injured tired guys in the playoffs. :(

good point but with a 5 day break ahead of us it can be argued that the break will give them plenty of time to recuperate.

what changes things tonight is that camby and martin may not play.

Denver hosts Phoenix tonight, which is tied with the Spurs for the NBA's best record. Both Martin, who re-injured his left knee after knocking with Andre Miller with 1:12 to go Saturday, and Marcus Camby, who re- strained his right hamstring, are game-time decisions to battle Suns all-stars Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion.

"Ain't no in between," said Martin after the game. "I'm in true pain right now."

from the denverpost.com

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
This game probably depends on who shows up, literally and figuratively.

The Suns just don't match up well with the Nuggets when the Nuggets are playing well. If the Suns have everybody available, they should be able to get through anyway, on talent and shooting...we'll see, I suppose.

According to Covers, the Nuggets are 5-point favorites tonight. That gives me a little hope--the Suns usually play harder as dogs.

Should be a good one. Well, better than the Rockets game, anyway. :mad:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the Nugs beat a depleated San Antonio last night?

I follow pro hoops very minimally, but the Nuggets are getting a lot of attention here in Denver. I haven't seen this kind of excitetmentr about basketball in Denver since 1996(?) when they bumped Seattle out of the playoffs unexpectedly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
solid win - now rest those aches and pains and get ready for the stretch run - need everyone healthy if we're gonna try and beat the Spurs in the playoffs!

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I wasn't one to believe those that called Nash's defense atrocious. However, watching him let Boykins look like Jordan on multiple posessions was just ridiculous. I really hope it's his injury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
carey said:
I wasn't one to believe those that called Nash's defense atrocious. However, watching him let Boykins look like Jordan on multiple posessions was just ridiculous. I really hope it's his injury.

Carey - did you ever watch Nash on the Mavs before the rose colored glasses got on your face watching him as a Sun - he's ALWAYS been a pretty bad defender - that's not a knock, it's just reality. Thank God though that he
s so good on offense - it's a give and take kind of thing and personally for someone who had to watch Jason Kidd absolutely suck on offense AND be COMPLETELY over-rated on defense as well - I'll take Nash any day of the week.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Nice win.

During their last run with 5 min to go, I thought we probably had lost it. They were getting the calls, shots to fall, and the crowd got into it. Good poise shown by the Suns.

This Denver team would be scary in playoffs. I would rather see Lakers than Nuggets in the first round.

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
Our road record is amazing.25-7! WOW.

Considering we're 23-8 at home, thats a remarkable stat. Hopefully is serves us well come playoff time with those tough road games.

Nice win tonight. i actually thought we'd drop this one after the Houston collapse.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Billythekid said:
Our road record is amazing.25-7! WOW.

Considering we're 23-8 at home, thats a remarkable stat. Hopefully is serves us well come playoff time with those tough road games.

Nice win tonight. i actually thought we'd drop this one after the Houston collapse.

Marion is a lot more important than some people seem to think. His absence really hurt Friday night.

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
carey said:

Boykins is in this league because of his quickness, I would like you to tell me who in this league can stay infront of him? The answer is nobody! Bagging on nashes D because he can't stay in front of earl not a good indicator of defense or injury! :shrug:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
zett said:
Boykins is in this league because of his quickness, I would like you to tell me who in this league can stay infront of him? The answer is nobody! Bagging on nashes D because he can't stay in front of earl not a good indicator of defense or injury! :shrug:

I was going to say the same thing.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Not to mention the Nash block of Boykins down the stretch.

Nice road win. Nice to see Marion back on the floor.

The Suns can't really afford to lose any of their starters.