Suns @ Lakers Sunday game thread 5-9-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers with their height, play volley ball with missed shots.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns trail 39-26 at 8:14 in 2nd.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we are the number 1 seed but I feel we are probably around 3-5 range when it comes to the best teams in the west. Both LA teams beat us in the playoffs I think I can call that, then Denver but after that I think it’s us.

remember this is a process nobody on earth thought we would be in this position this year. I think we’re playing with house money.

we’re definitely playing with house money. That’s why I want the easiest path in the playoffs possible.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's 3 fouls on Drummond.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This has very little to do with the lakers (although they aren't a good matchup). This has to do with the suns effort - there is none

keep telling yourself that. They tower over us. And are playing without the best player in the world who also can manhandle us physically.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the Lakers were out of bounds.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
keep telling yourself that. They tower over us. And are playing without the best player in the world who also can manhandle us physically.

Not arguing that they are not a good matchup for us in the playoffs. All I'm saying is that we'd have a hard time beating the Washington generals with this effort

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not arguing that they are not a good matchup for us in the playoffs. All I'm saying is that we'd have a hard time beating the Washington generals with this effort

there’s a reason we look so bad. They dominate us physically.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns needed one more big man on their roster not that it would have helped tonight.

they also need Ayton to play like the number 1 pick in the draft if they ever want to beat this team. Davis will dominate us.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ugh not looking great for suns..... these are poff gms hoping for a suns run soon

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Zero movement without the ball
Happy shooting contested jump shots
Not closing out on defense

Like I said, they just don't care

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we are the number 1 seed but I feel we are probably around 3-5 range when it comes to the best teams in the west. Both LA teams beat us in the playoffs I think I can call that, then Denver but after that I think it’s us.

remember this is a process nobody on earth thought we would be in this position this year. I think we’re playing with house money.

IMO we have zero chance against a healthy Lakers team, it would be a sweep and likely every game would be a blowout. The Clippers are better than us but we have a chance against them, the difference isn't that great. I'd give the Nuggets an edge if they held home court advantage over us, otherwise I think it's a tossup. Same with Utah.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Suns needed one more big man on their roster not that it would have helped tonight.
Hindsight is always 20/20... Who? How? When would we have picked up another big who would be an actual value-add?? And who would therefore be seeing less mins in order to squeeze another big?

It’s always easy to play this game at this point in the season. But before tonight, I don’t recall seeing anyone claiming we “need another big.”

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they also need Ayton to play like the number 1 pick in the draft if they ever want to beat this team. Davis will dominate us.
My stash has plenty to share more fun to watch suns struggle vs lakers while bit tired and high lol

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And who could we have picked up that could guard Davis?

javele McGee, Dieng, supposedly Rashard Holmes was available for the right price.

I would take an experienced European big over what we have.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zero movement without the ball
Happy shooting contested jump shots
Not closing out on defense

Like I said, they just don't care

theyre shooting contested shots because they can’t get anything CLOSE to the basket. Why? Because they Lakers are huge down there.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
there’s a reason we look so bad. They dominate us physically.

We've had zero energy since the opening tip.

They thought without kuzma, Schroeder, and the lbj they could just show up and win.

The lakers are a bad matchup no doubt but when you quit before the game started, you have no chance

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hindsight is always 20/20... Who? How? When would we have picked up another big who would be an actual value-add?? And who would therefore be seeing less mins in order to squeeze another big?

It’s always easy to play this game at this point in the season. But before tonight, I don’t recall seeing anyone claiming we “need another big.”

lt’s not hindsight. I was screaming for him to make a move before the deadline.

the problem is blindingly obvious. We have ONE defensive big on the roster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard