Suns, Eric Bledsoe Far Apart In Talks

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It does not matter who WON the negotiating.

Rich Paul left himself with the opportunity to get more money for the longest time he could. That is smart especially since Bledsoe is now getting more than what the Suns originally offered anyway.

But there was a chance he could have gotten a max offer in that time instead of taking the first offer immediately.

Also the whispers going around are saying 5yrs/72M$.

True. It should be a win-win, and Eric Bledsoe should be really happy with 4/5?. If its 5/72, that's probably a little overpaid, but if there are any team options in it, its fine. BUT the "whispers" all stem from one guy on the realgm board whose source is "well I heard." I sincerely doubt that deal is really in the works.

In the end, it was simple. It is not about wanting out or anything like that. Its about the money. I still say the Suns are really happy with themselves for anything less than 4/63. And Rich Paul should have been able to get an offer like that.

Its a bit unsettling for fans, but it is fine to wait until the 11th to negotiate if you think it is to your advantage. I don't think it really got him any more money than if he had negotiated earlier, but oh well.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I view it, it has come down to signing Bledsoe to a contract that the Suns can live with long term and is also a tradeable asset should the marriage not work out. I would be surprised if Bledsoe and company have not had this conversation even if it is not binding.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It does not matter who WON the negotiating.

Rich Paul left himself with the opportunity to get more money for the longest time he could. That is smart especially since Bledsoe is now getting more than what the Suns originally offered anyway.

But there was a chance he could have gotten a max offer in that time instead of taking the first offer immediately.

Also the whispers going around are saying 5yrs/72M$.

What whispers? You're in Germany for chrissakes!

RealGM is hardly reliable.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
slinslin said:
...all the redneck fans out there who felt threaten by him taking spotlight away from Dragic.

???

Steve
I, too, can't believe that even slinslin is turning a debate about an injured Bledsoe and a 3-Point Guard lineup into one of race.

Does he really believe what he writes?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I, too, can't believe that even slinslin is turning a debate about an injured Bledsoe and a 3-Point Guard lineup into one of race.

Does he really believe what he writes?

Don't worry, NOBODY really believes what he writes. ;)

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I always have that guy beat, point me at a post when Chaplin ever said something worthwhile that he could back up with facts.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard