"Kerr says Suns are in talks for Garnett"

cly2tw

Reaction score
Exactly. With him and Sheed, we'd no longer be getting pushed around by anybody. Both of those guys know how to dish it out. I'd go as far to say that if we got that lineup (Nash, Bell, Artest, Sheed, KG) that we'd be the best defensive team in the league. That's just nasty.

Where is Amare in your lineup? I hope you didn't propose a KG/Amare trade.:( But with Marion and Atl's pick or #24, we might get Sheed and Artest, somehow. Say, three way with Portland to ship Marion for Sheed and Jack and trade Banks/JR + pick for Artest.

Amare/Sheed/Artest/Bell/Nash with KT/Diaw/LB/Jack, plus maybe Devin Brown for cheap, we'd win 70 games and the title.:D

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Where is Amare in your lineup? I hope you didn't propose a KG/Amare trade.:( But with Marion and Atl's pick or #24, we might get Sheed and Artest, somehow. Say, three way with Portland to ship Marion for Sheed and Jack and trade Banks/JR + pick for Artest.

Amare/Sheed/Artest/Bell/Nash with KT/Diaw/LB/Jack, plus maybe Devin Brown for cheap, we'd win 70 games and the title.:D

Yeah, the three trades would be:

Amare, Banks, KT for Garnett

Marion + 24 for Sheed + 14

Diaw for Artest

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Sheed and Artest on the same team......just doesn't seem right for a team that wants character players. Kerr seemed pretty intent on relaying that message when he was first introduced as GM.

cly2tw

Reaction score

Diaw for Artest

Minn makes out like a bandit in that trade. Artest's going rate is much lower than that. We'd be overpaying for him with Diaw straight up, besides potential BCY issue.

OP
OP
Crash

Crash

Registered
Reaction score

Diaw for Artest

Dude what part of what Kerr said don't you understand. He said and I quote "no player is untradable but that it would take "an awful lot" to pry away a 24-year-old All-NBA first team center such as Amaré Stoudemire, the object of Minnesota's interest in the Garnett talks."

With the trade you said it looks like we are the ones giving up a lot.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Didn't you know the Suns need to completely blow up the team and get as many players on the wrong side of 30 as possible.

OP
OP
Crash

Crash

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't you know the Suns need to completely blow up the team and get as many players on the wrong side of 30 as possible.

I know I'm fairly new to this board, but some of the trade I've seen by members here leads my to believe a lot of Suns fans are ********.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Dude what part of what Kerr said don't you understand. He said and I quote "no player is untradable but that it would take "an awful lot" to pry away a 24-year-old All-NBA first team center such as Amaré Stoudemire, the object of Minnesota's interest in the Garnett talks."

We're giving up one awful contract (Banks) and Kurt Thomas, who we really don't need with Garnett in the mix. I consider one of the greates players of all time and a top five player in the league to be "an awful lot".

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Considering what happend this year I'm not willing to blow the team up.

Like when we got waxed in game six when both teams were at full strength. I think that the suspensions were total crap, but I'm not drinking the purple kool aid on this one. As much as it pains me to admit it, even without the suspensions, I think that San Antonio would've beaten us.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Like when we got waxed in game six when both teams were at full strength. I think that the suspensions were total crap, but I'm not drinking the purple kool aid on this one. As much as it pains me to admit it, even without the suspensions, I think that San Antonio would've beaten us.

It would have atleast gone 7 and the guys that did play in game 5 were burnt in game 6. Since the Suns have gone through major changes each of the past 3 seasons I wouldn't be opposed giving them some roster consistancy. I'm not opposed to trades either but I don't see how trading for guys like Artest and Rasheed as the answer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn