Suns @ Clippers Saturday WCF game thread 6-26-2021 - Game 4

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The referees didn't call Kobe's elbow to the face. Sometimes players have to enforce the rules.
Exactly. I wouldn’t have wanted raja to clothesline anyone normally. But after taking a barrage of elbows to the face and the refs not doing anything, it’s time to do something.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m sick of them being bullied. The Clippers physicality has turned the tide for them.

And I agree with a previous poster, it would be extremely easy to head-but an opponent and make it look accidental. If it were another player I could give them the benefit of the doubt. Considering it was Beverly, it was totally intentional.

With that said, they should be motivated after that embarrassing performance of game three. If we can match their intensity and passion and simply contest shots, I like us to get back on track with a W. I just don’t see Booker & Paul combining to go 10-40 again.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m sick of them being bullied. The Clippers physicality has turned the tide for them.

And I agree with a previous poster, it would be extremely easy to head-but an opponent and make it look accidental. If it were another player I could give them the benefit of the doubt. Considering it was Beverly, it was totally intentional.

With that said, they should be motivated after that embarrassing performance of game three. If we can match their intensity and passion and simply contest shots, I like us to get back on track with a W. I just don’t see Booker & Paul combining to go 10-40 again.
How many headbutts do you see per year in the NBA that result in a broken nose? Elbows yeah but headbutts?
Knowing Beverly hell yeah he did it on purpose.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"Leonard likely will once again watch the game from a suite at Staples Center with his family. That move for Game 3 brought some criticism on NBA Twitter from people who thought he should be on the bench, in street clothes, both cheering on his team and offering advice and suggestions. That’s what Serge Ibaka of the Clippers has done (he is out with a back injury), it’s what Jamal Murray did while out in Denver, and it’s something many players choose to do." - Yahoo Sports

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry Colangelo says the pieces are in place for a championship.

We would like to win one for you Jerry and all the fans.

He is now 81.

Kent Somers Arizona Republic:

“When you give birth to something, like the franchise, that never goes away,” said Colangelo. “You’re with it the rest of your life, in every regard. Before I'm no longer here, I would just love to see the organization and the city rewarded with something that I wasn’t able to deliver, an NBA title.”

----------------------------------------

“The stars have to be aligned. You have to stay healthy. You have to have a little bit of luck. And obviously you start with talent. You have a well-coached team, you have the talent, you have the enthusiasm, you have the excitement. You have the fans ready to jump through the roof if we can make it happen.

“So, it’s all there in place.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...do-what-his-couldnt-win-nba-title/5349005001/

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How many headbutts do you see per year in the NBA that result in a broken nose? Elbows yeah but headbutts?
Knowing Beverly hell yeah he did it on purpose.
THIS

Man..... I'm so nervous. A win and we are almost there. Another loss and it's a pick em series.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop with the head butt gate. Suns just need to buck up, match physical intensity and play how they have all season. We can take this game but only if the Suns act like it’s a must win.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stop with the head butt gate. Suns just need to buck up, match physical intensity and play how they have all season. We can take this game but only if the Suns act like it’s a must win.

agreed. The Clippers turned physical in Game 2. We withstood it there, won with an incredible play and then just played like crap in Game 3. We’ve been the best team in the NBA since we started 8-8. We’ve met every challenge all season AND all postseason.

We will again in this series. We just need to play our game. Cant let the Clippers physicality and cheap shots get in our heads. That’s what they want to happen.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed. The Clippers turned physical in Game 2. We withstood it there, won with an incredible play and then just played like crap in Game 3. We’ve been the best team in the NBA since we started 8-8. We’ve met every challenge all season AND all postseason.

We will again in this series. We just need to play our game. Cant let the Clippers physicality and cheap shots get in our heads. That’s what they want to happen.

Yep. The Clips are going to try and get in the Suns heads. Bank on it. Crowder and the others need to stand their ground, match intensity but not let that happen.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about the rest of the series. Game 3 looked a lot like the rest of the suns vs clippers games from the regular season.

Hopefully Paul plays better. He was forcing shots even though he couldn’t create space.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about the rest of the series. Game 3 looked a lot like the rest of the suns vs clippers games from the regular season.

Hopefully Paul plays better. He was forcing shots even though he couldn’t create space.

I'm always concerned but Paul and Booker had a lot of good looks. They were simply not making shots and got flustered.

Then losing Cam Payne really hurt.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I have been watching the NBA for a while. There is no way in hell that Beverley fouls like that and gets no calls. Refs get graded, the Suns have made it clear to the NBA what the Clippers are doing, which is beat the crap out of the Suns. I expect early calls.

I am not worried about Paul, but I am worried about Book from 17 + range not from inside, he needs take it to PB hard and get him out.

Bridges needs play desperate, I thought he was a little lacsidale at times. Crowder getting hot plus this will equal a suns win.

Also, Suns need to stop worrying about PG13 calls, he is going to be able to play like Reggie Miller, he won't get called for fouls but he can only score 25-30 points just deal with it stop crying, rotate and shut down the role players.

Also, imo if the suns can win the turn over game, they roll.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

I would bet my life that Chris Paul will play better than 25% ish. He is Chris Paul not some one hit wonder, he is going to bring it tonight.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

I would bet my life that Chris Paul will play better than 25% ish. He is Chris Paul not some one hit wonder, he is going to bring it tonight.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I'm always concerned but Paul and Booker had a lot of good looks. They were simply not making shots and got flustered.

Then losing Cam Payne really hurt.

Booker is a concern, there is no way in hell that he is 100% with a mask and a broken nose. He is probably 65%.

Paul I have no doubt he is going to step it up big time tonight. Cam is back and can spell him even at 80%, that ankle sprain was probably a grade 1, no more Etwuan Moore thank God, he is enormous drop off and barely an NBA player.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I hope you're right. I wouldn't bet much more than a Fred Roberts card, certainly not a Fred Roberts rookie card.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Heres a breakdown of some of the keys plays from game 3.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker is a concern, there is no way in hell that he is 100% with a mask and a broken nose. He is probably 65%.

Paul I have no doubt he is going to step it up big time tonight. Cam is back and can spell him even at 80%, that ankle sprain was probably a grade 1, no more Etwuan Moore thank God, he is enormous drop off and barely an NBA player.

This is the problem as you point out. Devin Booker is not near 100%. Hopefully Paul, Ayton and the rest of the team can compensate.