OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Wow. Awesome news. This has to give the Suns a mental lift.

Nader plays aggressive defense and can get inside on offense not to mention being able to hit the 3-pointer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't remember when the Suns have had a full roster if Cam Payne is able to play.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

holy cow. They put him on the playoff team roster? I assumed he was as useful as a coma patient for us for the rest of the season.

good news on Payne not being that bad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here is a replay of where Cam Payne was injured in Game 3. Still no word on his status.

It looks like he rolls an ankle.

No mention of the forearm shiver to his ribs on that play. Ridiculous that no foul was called on that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s how they defensed us. Refs want it to be junk ball? Nba won’t be happy when both teams go to that garbage and it become the 90s again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
One of the problems is the Suns getting the foul calls if they play tighter defense.

The Clippers were 20-24 from the free throw line in Game 3.

The Suns only got to the line 13 times hitting 12 of them.
But if the refs are already going to call the fouls on the suns, make em count. Make the clippers know your there. Make sure they end up in the court as often as we have.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wow. Pretty shocked he’s back and can be active. I don’t expect him to add much, but if he can even give some spot minutes, be physical, and go aggressively to the hole at times it’s a plus. An unexpected plus. But that’s a looooong layoff. I don’t expect much.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But if the refs are already going to call the fouls on the suns, make em count. Make the clippers know your there. Make sure they end up in the court as often as we have.

If the referees are calling touch fouls on the Suns, hard fouls may well be called as flagrant.

I'm not sure if it was Game 2 or 3 when George pushed off with two hands (I believe on Crowder) and nothing was called. He only has 2 personal fouls against the Suns thus far.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If the referees are calling touch fouls on the Suns, hard fouls may well be called as flagrant.

I'm not sure if it was Game 2 or 3 when George pushed off with two hands (I believe on Crowder) and nothing was called. He only has 2 personal fouls against the Suns thus far.
Monty has to start getting on the refs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More news about Cam Payne. Monty is hopeful he can play.

Rachel Nichols
@Rachel__Nichols

Monty Williams is "hopeful" Cam Payne (ankle) can play for the Suns in Game 4. Monty said he was walking behind Cam from the hotel to the arena for practice, and he was relieved to see Payne walking totally normally. Payne did light work at practice today, as did the whole team.

1:17 PM · Jun 25, 2021·Twitter Web App

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
More news about Cam Payne. Monty is hopeful he can play.

Rachel Nichols
@Rachel__Nichols

Monty Williams is "hopeful" Cam Payne (ankle) can play for the Suns in Game 4. Monty said he was walking behind Cam from the hotel to the arena for practice, and he was relieved to see Payne walking totally normally. Payne did light work at practice today, as did the whole team.

1:17 PM · Jun 25, 2021·Twitter Web App
Man I’m going to be shocked if a speed-based kid can start and stop and cut on that ankle.

I think this is gamesmanship from monty.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I’m going to be shocked if a speed-based kid can start and stop and cut on that ankle.

I think this is gamesmanship from monty.

Maybe. We won't know until tomorrow. This is where Abdel Nader could see minutes.

I like having another forward who plays with energy and can give fouls.

Kellan Olson
@KellanOlson

Replying to
@KellanOlson

Monty scaled Johnson up to sub in for Booker when Payne was out so if Payne misses time maybe that's where Nader could come in.

1:46 PM · Jun 25, 2021·TweetDeck

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just don't see Nader playing a significant role even if healthy. There is a team continuity that is important right now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't see Nader playing a significant role even if healthy. There is a team continuity that is important right now.

same. Unless he’s used as a Hanson Brother-esque type player who’s job It is to purely send a physical message to the Clippers, I don’t see him getting on the floor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
same. Unless he’s used as a Hanson Brother-esque type player who’s job It is to purely send a physical message to the Clippers, I don’t see him getting on the floor.
I like this idea. You need to send a message. I hate playing dirty, but the Clippers have been chippy. You get a guy who won't hurt your rotation much and make it an extra aggressive foul and send the message that you can play hard too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson