Suns @ Clippers Saturday WCF game thread 6-26-2021 - Game 4

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I hope you're right. I wouldn't bet much more than a Fred Roberts card, certainly not a Fred Roberts rookie card.

I might not be. Clippers could go off they are a really good team, especially if Crowder starts crying and Booker is off for 3 games. Look at the Clips shots, they just need to stop the 3's from role players and have C. Paul step up.

You must be registered for see images attach

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Etwuan Moore got a lot of playing time in our last regular season game and was terrific. i thought he could have at least given us some offense in the playoffs

CP3 was more like CP1.5
I guess at his age there was some rust on his bones after 10 days off and no practice

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
This is the problem as you point out. Devin Booker is not near 100%. Hopefully Paul, Ayton and the rest of the team can compensate.

Agree, but never doubt a scorer. Plus he just needs to push Bev into foul trouble. Actually, I'll be able to tell a lot if Crowder and Bridges hit tonight.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Etwuan Moore got a lot of playing time in our last regular season game and was terrific. i thought he could have at least given us some offense in the playoffs

CP3 was more like CP1.5
I guess at his age there was some rust on his bones after 10 days off and no practice

CP3 is a baller, if he sucks tonight I will be absolutely shocked and come back on here and say Clippers held.
Guys we can get Pat Bev in trouble foul wise. Post up his ass.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

CP3 was more like CP1.5

The last regular season game was against San Antonio's bench. Its hard for Moore to score against a good team when he's playing in slow motion.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100% part of the game plan should be attack Beverly early and get him out with foul trouble to free up the harassment of Book. And if the Refs would actually call fouls when PG13 always pushing off and elbowing people to create space it would help, Book would get rung up with repeated offensive fouls if he did the poo PG is able to get away with!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
The last regular season game was against San Antonio's bench. Its hard for Moore to score against a good team when he's playing in slow motion.

I mean yeah 10 days, but now 48 hrs of practice. Moore is not a good player at 32-33 coming off cold into a WCF, no shade on him I guess, but does anyone not think Paul took 1000 shots yesterday?

Moore probably hung out.

In fact, I have been to six suns game this year. Javon Carter and Saric work their game the hardest. Cam Payne is second. Ayton is launching half court granny style shots lol, must be nice to not have stress and see unicorns all day. **News flash 2135 AD Suns star Deandre Ayton dies at 136 years old***

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, but never doubt a scorer. Plus he just needs to push Bev into foul trouble. Actually, I'll be able to tell a lot if Crowder and Bridges hit tonight.

My concern is that Booker's base game is the mid-range shot and taking it to the basket. I'm not sure he was ever comfortable doing this in Game 3 with the broken nose. He seemed reluctant to rely on the face mask for protection.

Unless Booker can get this part of his game going, it takes away from everything else. He is not a pure shooter where he can consistently rely on the outside shot. Booker needs to get to the rim to maintain rhythm.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
My concern is that Booker's base game is the mid-range shot and taking it to the basket. I'm not sure he was ever comfortable doing this in Game 3 with the broken nose. He seemed reluctant to rely on the face mask for protection.

Unless Booker can get this part of his game going, it takes away from everything else. He is not a pure shooter where he can consistently rely on the outside shot. Booker needs to get to the rim to maintain rhythm.

This is the bottom line. I do expect Booker to struggle again because it's a damn mask. So the rest of the team will have to play with desperation. It is concerning the Book is all in on Rip, I am not sure that's the guy you want to take advice from. He was ok, but I also am very worried about Book's midrange, hopefully he comes out and tears it up!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the bottom line. I do expect Booker to struggle again because it's a damn mask. So the rest of the team will have to play with desperation. It is concerning the Book is all in on Rip, I am not sure that's the guy you want to take advice from. He was ok, but I also am very worried about Book's midrange, hopefully he comes out and tears it up!

Rip was a killer in the midrange though and he figured out how to master the mask pretty quick in the 2004 playoffs, IIRC. And he straight scorched the Lakers in that Finals with it on.

edit: looks like he started wearing it during the season after getting his nose broken two separate times so he had time to get used to it.

well, this is Book’s opportunity to put the exclamation point on his ascension to superstardom playoff run. The all-time greats accomplish Herculean tasks in the playoffs to cement their status amongst the best ever. I think Book has it in him to do the same.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Rip was a killer in the midrange though and he figured out how to master the mask pretty quick in the 2004 playoffs, IIRC. And he straight scorched the Lakers in that Finals with it on.[/Q
Rip was a killer in the midrange though and he figured out how to master the mask pretty quick in the 2004 playoffs, IIRC. And he straight scorched the Lakers in that Finals with it on.

edit: looks like he started wearing it during the season after getting his nose broken two separate times so he had time to get used to it.

well, this is Book’s opportunity to put the exclamation point on his ascension to superstardom playoff run. The all-time greats accomplish Herculean tasks in the playoffs to cement their status amongst the best ever. I think Book has it in him to do the same.

Amen. I hope Book goes off.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Man...... I'm so nervous.

This is where having to rely on a ton of youth scares the crap out of me. Chris needs to meet destiny on the mountaintop!

go get it kids...... this is your moment!!!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Man...... I'm so nervous.

This is where having to rely on a ton of youth scares the crap out of me. Chris needs to meet destiny on the mountaintop!

go get it kids...... this is your moment!!!

This is the biggest game for the suns since 2007?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
CP3 is a baller, if he sucks tonight I will be absolutely shocked and come back on here and say Clippers held.
Guys we can get Pat Bev in trouble foul wise. Post up his ***.
I’d like to see book in the post against bev too.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I just din't see Beverely getting all the call, it makes no sense. Get him foul trouble early. man up on Jackson and Mann. Ayton has to lock down Zubac (sp?) and the wings have to try hard. Bridges is too happy and Crowder is kind of a front runner, when he is on he is salsa dancing, but when he is off he loses his mind.

Monty, get into Crowder's head, if Ayton had to pick up a Bridges miss, then crash the boards.

I don't want to see Etw'won M'oor"e the dude sucks as a playoff NBA player. Great G league guy moving forward.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the biggest game for the suns since 2007?

nah. We lose and Game 5 is ginormous. We’re not in peril... yet.

I think I was much much more nervous for Game 4 versus the Lakers this year when we were down 2-1, Book looked like crap for two straight games, Monty/James Jones and fans here thought CP3 should be benched and AD wasn’t hurt yet.

I think we win tonight but if not, I think we come back and destroy them in Game 5 with Book having another couple days to get used to the mask and CP3 to get his legs better back under him.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

I think I was much much more nervous for Game 4 versus the Lakers this year when we were down 2-1, Book looked like crap for two straight games, Monty/James Jones and fans here thought CP3 should be benched and AD wasn’t hurt yet.

I think we win tonight but if not, I think we come back and destroy them in Game 5 with Book having another couple days to get used to the mask and CP3 to get his legs better back under him.

Good point brother. Let's go for a Suns win! I have the pool in purple and the led lights at my TV purple, game 3 it was white, my bad.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

The thing here is that if we lose this game....... everyone starts getting PTSD from the past two series. This game is huge if we want to keep a dominating position on our opponent. I don't want that squad getting a ton of confidence.