Suns @ 76ers Tuesday game thread 2-8-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Embiid was just hot tonight. I’ll live with him taking 15 foot jumpers and threes

Yeah, as good as Embiid is he wears down during the game and the Suns took advantage.

I always liked Tobias Harris but he is always mentioned in trades.

Tyrese Maxey was a steal for the 76ers in the draft. It looks like he travels a lot on some of his drives though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know what triggered it but this light that flipped for Mikel has been a revelation.

7 game stretch averaging 20 points per game.

Might be that he knew he needed to step up with Payne and Shamet out, hopefully he keeps this mindset when they return.

Him as a consistent scorer, with his defense, would be a top 20 player in the league.

I'd like to see it happen for Landry Shamet and Cam Johnson as well.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I missed the game tonight.

Suns shot 23% from 3???

Sounds like we were down and came back to get the win.

How was ayton? I didn’t look at the box score because that never tells the true story about him.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I missed the game tonight.

Suns shot 23% from 3???

Sounds like we were down and came back to get the win.

How was ayton? I didn’t look at the box score because that never tells the true story about him.
Yup scrapped for a win despite not being able to hit the broad side of a barn from the arc.

Bridges was terrific. Nice collection of floaters and midrange pull ups.

Mcgee was just a revelation again with 15 and 13.

Ayton was rather “meh” in my opinion. Was hitting his jumper which helped, but also passed out of two makabke shots and made two really bad passes, one near the close of the game. Overall we need more from him when we play these great bigs. When he gives us subpar numbers (he had 10 and 6 tonight) it would be okay if it was because his defensive effort slowed down the superstar big on the other team. But he didn’t slow down embiid tonight (34 and 12 on 13/25 shooting) and they doubled embiid down the stretch which opened current for a big 3 at one point. Ayton wasn’t bad - he definitely made embiid work. But we also shouldn’t see such a wide disparity (at a minimum in terms of rebounding) when we play other great bigs. At least not if he’s really a max player.

This team just has winning in their dna at this point. They do so many little things.

And book has been scorching lately.

Let’s beat the bucks on Thursday and still not get much buzz nationally!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching Jrue Holiday just now talk about us coming up on Thursday brought some bile up in my mouth. I haven’t hated the Bucks even after they beat us but I can feel myself getting there very easy right now.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just watched highlights, looks like we got roughed up and no calls in the 3rd. I don’t recall that officiating crew doing a suns game before.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching Jrue Holiday just now talk about us coming up on Thursday brought some bile up in my mouth. I haven’t hated the Bucks even after they beat us but I can feel myself getting there very easy right now.

Once you watch for a few minutes and see Grayson Allen out there the bile will probably fly right outta your mouth.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nice win,Looked like Bridges was on Maxey and did a good job. Ayton helps he really makes players change a lot of shots

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching the highlights this morning, Chris Paul is just ridiculous with his mid range game. Reminded me of Isaiah Thomas, one of the all time greats I remember being amazed with when I was a kid. So I looked up this list, which is the all time assist list, but its shows shooting percentages too and CP3 has way better shooting percentages than Isaiah. https://www.nba.com/stats/alltime-leaders/?SeasonType=Regular Season&StatCategory=AST And then looking at all the hall of famers that CP3 has passed up on that list, I am reminded that we are truly watching something special here, which I tend to forget.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty employed a zone defense which was effective during parts of the game against the 76ers.

By Kellan Olson, Arizona Sports:

Philadelphia was rattled thanks partially to a zone defense the Suns sporadically deployed throughout the game, a scheme the Sixers have proven to have issues with. Williams said it was a look his team had not used in a while but they worked through it on gameday, something his group is terrific at doing on a game-to-game basis. And his guys, for lack of a better word, executed in another phase of the game.

“It’s huge,” Williams said of that zone working out. “When you can implement a defense that we haven’t used in a while on the day of a game and have our guys commit to it, go out there and execute it and then win the game. I think that builds confidence in all of us.”

Raysum01

Reaction score
was looking forward to that thybulle booker face off but turns out matis had some nice things to say about book. great defender but just too good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose