Suns @ 76ers Tuesday game thread 2-8-2022

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finish their four game road trip at the 76ers on Tuesday which is the second night of back-to-back games.

Afterwards they come home to play the Bucks on Thursday.

76ers are 31-21 with their last win coming over the Bulls on Sunday. They are 7-3 in their last ten games.

Suns move to 43-10 and have won their last two games.

The game will be televised on Bally Sports Arizona.

Start time is 5 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee talking about playing against Joel Embiid and the 76ers on Tuesday after the Suns win over the Bulls.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is a BIG game.
Shove Mikal up Maxeys butt from the get go.
And throw every big we have at Embid to try to get him some fouls.
Suns by 11 as we ROLL through the east coast on our way to our 3rd 10+ game win streak. Yawn
Wake me when the All Star break is over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joel Embiid will be a load. These are his last four games against the Suns.

Calling Deandre Ayton and the rest of the Suns center squad.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Let’s see which DA shows up tonight off a back to back. I’d like to see a big game from Cam Johnson, he’s been a bit quiet on this road trip. Thybulle vs. Book is gonna be a fun matchup. And can Crowder please start hitting his 3’s? We go as he goes from distance it feels like.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let’s see which DA shows up tonight off a back to back. I’d like to see a big game from Cam Johnson, he’s been a bit quiet on this road trip. Thybulle vs. Book is gonna be a fun matchup. And can Crowder please start hitting his 3’s? We go as he goes from distance it feels like.

I am concerned about Ayton getting in early foul trouble but he needs to learn from the best and the Suns have depth at center.

Cam Johnson and Jae Crowder need to show up indeed.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard back to back gm

Be a huge w if suns could get this vs 76ers

Hope cp3 ayton book bench does well stix

Lets go suns :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 76ers are 1 point favorites over the Suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yeesh. For a team that has a legit center (particularly one that some posters think is all-nba defensive team worthy), those are some really ugly numbers. He plays better against us than his averages.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The 76ers are 1 point favorites over the Suns.

Coming off a back to back, not too surprising. This is a pick em game. Suns are 16-10 against the spread on the road this year. Mikal’s over/under for points is 12.5. Him going back home and wanting to show out, I think he gets that. Odds are -123

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeesh. For a team that has a legit center (particularly one that some posters think is all-nba defensive team worthy), those are some really ugly numbers. He plays better against us than his averages.

Hopefully Embiid will take points away from their other players. I'd like to keep Ayton out of foul trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming off a back to back, not too surprising. This is a pick em game. Suns are 16-10 against the spread on the road this year. Mikal’s over/under for points is 12.5. Him going back home and wanting to show out, I think he gets that. Odds are -123

I'm not feeling good going into the game with only three guards if Booker is not 100%.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not feeling good going into the game with only three guards if Booker is not 100%.
Yeah it’s gonna be a hostile environment. Our guys will battle. It’d be nice if Cam Johnson caught fire tonight. Either him or Crowder getting it going will help Book and CP3

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it’s gonna be a hostile environment. Our guys will battle. It’d be nice if Cam Johnson caught fire tonight. Either him or Crowder getting it going will help Book and CP3

Booker looked different after knocking knees but of course he looked different after the technical. Sometimes I wish Booker wouldn't force it. He can be his own worst enemy.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker looked different after knocking knees but of course he looked different after the technical. Sometimes I wish Booker wouldn't force it. He can be his own worst enemy.
Yeah he does too much at times. But man does that guy hit daggers. Honestly, he could be a 50/40/90 player if he hunted better shots. The problem is when he has it going, our guys stand and watch. I thought he made some nice passes last night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah he does too much at times. But man does that guy hit daggers. Honestly, he could be a 50/40/90 player if he hunted better shots. The problem is when he has it going, our guys stand and watch. I thought he made some nice passes last night.

Booker can play so well like he did last night but he takes himself out of the game when calls don't go his way and then it snowballs. If he can fix this part of his game he can get even better. The other players know when he locks-in and stand around.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Booker can play so well like he did last night but he takes himself out of the game when calls don't go his way and then it snowballs. If he can fix this part of his game he can get even better. The other players know when he locks-in and stand around.
I agree but man he doesn’t get a great whistle. Still can’t let the officiating dictate your entire thought process. But what’s crazy is he’s only 25…he’s only getting better

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but man he doesn’t get a great whistle. Still can’t let the officiating dictate your entire thought process. But what’s crazy is he’s only 25…he’s only getting better

Yeah it's scary Devin Booker can get better.

Once he learns to walk from bad calls and no-calls by referees he can take another step.

He channels anger towards other players quite well and uses it as motivation but he let's the referees get in his head.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Booker tends to play well vs Philly, I think he averages over 30pts per game against them over the last few years.

But, Joel Embiid is a load and Ayton's issue with him is foul trouble. Will have to find a way from keeping Embiid living off FTs which is easier said than done.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's solid reasoning

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is going to be really interesting. We've never had the bodies to play Embiid effectively. Until now. Last year it was Ayton/Saric/Frank. This year it's Ayton/McGee/Biz and even Jalen Smith. I really like the potential of this group against Embiid. Or at least, to make it harder on him.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Ayton is the only one with both the length and girth to affect Embiid, I worry the rest will just rack up fouls. McGee's length will help when Embiid floats outside for jumpers, so that's a plus.

I don't normally like doubling but I think Phoenix has to double off Thybulle anytime he's in the game.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ayton is the only one with both the length and girth to affect Embiid, I worry the rest will just rack up fouls. McGee's length will help when Embiid floats outside for jumpers, so that's a plus.

I don't normally like doubling but I think Phoenix has to double off Thybulle anytime he's in the game.
Thybulle is questionable tonight. But yes, if he does play we need to turn him into a scorer. If Joel does get it going, we can’t let Maxey, Tobias or Seth get going. That’s where I think the Atlanta game killed us. Trae did his thing but Huerter started knocking in threes and they made 20/41. I’ll live with Embiid 2’s just like DeRozan last night. It’s the 3 point line that we need to defend.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No changes for Phoenix.