Sunderland AFC

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Stout said:
The reason it's so difficult to stay up is because players of the quality that can win the Championship are not quite the level of players needed to field an even average team in the Premiership. I think criticism levelled at McCarthy is overly harsh. They still play hard, and that's about all you can expect out of them.

West ham, Wigan ........ need i say more

we are a massive club - 35000 turned up to watch us play spurs (WE HAD 9 F'ING POINTS FOR CRYING OUT LOAD) and its being run like a corner shop!

Fat Bob moon face Murray should go as should mic mac!

WE ARE A JOKE!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
English on tour said:
West ham, Wigan ........ need i say more

we are a massive club - 35000 turned up to watch us play spurs (WE HAD 9 F'ING POINTS FOR CRYING OUT LOAD) and its being run like a corner shop!

Fat Bob moon face Murray should go as should mic mac!

WE ARE A JOKE!

Well, West Ham I believe had some players left over from the last time they were up, no? As for Wigan, well, perhaps they added the proper players when they were promoted?

You sure have a point about the 9 points.

English on tour

Reaction score
we finished the lge about 30 points better than the hammers and about 10 better than wigan - we were the better team going into off seaon! we bought f all the other teams did

we spent 5 mil in players like Stead and Davis who are to be honest an absolute pile of pish! not even going to get started on Andy Gray who is without doubt the worst prem lge footbaler i have ever seen and cost us 1 mil

i am sick to death of this club and the fact that we have a chairman who can not see that he is making the club look like a badly run sweet shop (candy store ;) ) i beyond me

we have 10 points in the lge this season and a couple of weeks ago we lost to Brentford a team 2 divs below us and then to Boro 3-0 at home! no other club in this country would stand by and let this happen - its boils my pi$$ :bang:

well im off my lunch break now - so will go and WORK to cheer myself up! - thats how bad it is

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
English on tour said:
GOOD BYE Mick Mc!!!!!

about 4 months too late - well done Bob murray you fat idiot!
I like Mick, I think he's a good manager, too bad it came to this. Mick badly overestimated the "talent" on the roster and thinking that he could win with lower division players like he did in The Championship did him in.

Kelvin Davis, Andy Gray and Jon Stead have been huge disappointments. Injuries to Arca and Elliott hurt too.

Some of Mick's decisions are just baffling though. Nyron Nosworthy? The guy is just not Premiership caliber. Gary Breen should not be allowed in a Premiership stadium, much less allowed on the pitch. I think Hoyte and LeTallec will be good players, but not for Sunderland, unfortunately.

Too bad Murray didn't fire himself too. :mad:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
What's with Sunderland's new away kits? They just switched to black away kits this season and now they are changing to sky blue for next year? Do most English clubs change away kits every year?

Stout

Reaction score
Renz said:
What's with Sunderland's new away kits? They just switched to black away kits this season and now they are changing to sky blue for next year? Do most English clubs change away kits every year?

They sure do. I mean, I don't mind a change every year, but some of the colors they go to...yuck!

Compa

Registered
Reaction score
Renz said:

Maybe there are more teams that wear black and red and less teams that wear blue in the Championship?

Stout

Reaction score
Man, what a great score! I do wish they would have won, so we could still relegate them and have them ruin Man U's title hopes. Still, they accomplished the latter, so I'm happy.

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Stout said:
Man, what a great score! I do wish they would have won, so we could still relegate them and have them ruin Man U's title hopes. Still, they accomplished the latter, so I'm happy.

It was a great game but that is a harsh way to look at it Stout!!! I knew you were a fan, but not a SuperFan!!!

Stout

Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:
It was a great game but that is a harsh way to look at it Stout!!! I knew you were a fan, but not a SuperFan!!!

Ah, no, not really. I hate Man U far more than I dislike Sunderland. Like I said earlier in the season, I wish they could have stayed up, at least for a year. It would have even made conversations in this forum more fun. Oh well. Maybe you guys will get promoted again.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I watched the match on TV and it was a great game. Great defending by Sunderland. Too bad Davis couldn't have played like that all season.

Now let's beat the skunks! :cheers:

Stout

Reaction score
Renz said:
I watched the match on TV and it was a great game. Great defending by Sunderland. Too bad Davis couldn't have played like that all season.

Now let's beat the skunks! :cheers:

Hmm, one team relegated, one team making a late charge for a place in Europe...I'm not too concerned. :) Ask Wigan what you can expect.

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
isn't there a newcastle sunderland game left this season? I could have sworn there was one left but I have been so busy with school I could be wrong....

Stout

Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:
isn't there a newcastle sunderland game left this season? I could have sworn there was one left but I have been so busy with school I could be wrong....

Tomorrow, actually. The reason Newcastle still have a shot at Europe is that we finish with Sunderland, West Brom, and Birmingham on the schedule. As long as we don't pull a Man U along the way, that should be nine points there. Of course, we need help in the form of teams losing ahead of us, and there's that little game at the end against Chelsea. It's a long shot, but we could sneak into Europe.

English on tour

Reaction score
Stout said:
Tomorrow, actually. The reason Newcastle still have a shot at Europe is that we finish with Sunderland, West Brom, and Birmingham on the schedule. As long as we don't pull a Man U along the way, that should be nine points there. Of course, we need help in the form of teams losing ahead of us, and there's that little game at the end against Chelsea. It's a long shot, but we could sneak into Europe.

off to the game in a bit - back door twitching like billyo and didnt sleep a wink last night - I HATE DERBY GAMES :barf:

Stout

Reaction score
English on tour said:
off to the game in a bit - back door twitching like billyo and didnt sleep a wink last night - I HATE DERBY GAMES :barf:

Okay, I didn't understand that at all. I'm not up on some of my English lingo, it appears. Damn, and I watched Purely Belter and everything!

Stout

Reaction score
Well, I like the result, but damn, what a price to pay. I mean, love him or hate him, to end with an injury like that is no way to go out for a player of Shearer's caliber.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
One final kick in the balls for the Sunderland supporters. Thankfully, the nightmare that is the 2005-2006 season will mercifully soon be over.

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Renz said:
One final kick in the balls for the Sunderland supporters. Thankfully, the nightmare that is the 2005-2006 season will mercifully soon be over.

That was a huge blow to the balls too, might I add. I was working at a pub during this game in Durham and it was a mess. Half the crowd was crying and the other half laughing and drinking... The only difference was that the Sunderland fans kept drinking heavily into the night....

4 to 1. Wow....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn